Eating six 'mini' meals instead of three regular meals

Options
124»

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    All that matters is if you reach your caloric daily intake... and your macros before you go to sleep at night.... and get 8 hours of rest, at least.
    Eat when YOU want, what you want, and how you want.

Second that. I tried the small meals thing, it was TERRIBLE. So hungry and miserable all the time. Eat whichever way you find comfortable and watch your intake, and you'll be fine. If you LIKE eating small meals, then sure, why not. If you hate it, don't do it.

I agree with this.

I eat 3 meals per day and generally no snacks. When I have tried doing the "mini meals" approach, I just feel vaguely snackish all day long and never really satisfied at all. Others swear by it.

If I do snack it is in the afternoon and is planned and logged as part of my lunch...for example if I plan to eat tuna & almonds on top of a salad, an apple, and a cheese wedge, but I forget the wedge and feel "full" I'll take it back to the office and have that at 3 pm or something.

Whatever works for YOU is ideal.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, basically the nutritionist at my gym told me that I was eating way too little and that I should eat four meals a day + snacks. So today I started with a plan of eating six mini meals. Can anyone tell me if this is the way to go?

I always love the words "nutritionist" and "gym" when they're in the same sentence. I know that we've entered into a place where science has no bearing.

If it is the "way to go", that's up to you.

There is no scientific support for eating many meals throughout the day, and a growing body of support for eating fewer meals per day. Your choice.