Craziest race you have ever run?

Options
DBoone85
DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
I was wondering about some of the crazy/off the wall races people have run. I am signed up for a 5k Donut Dash this Saturday...you run half of a 5k, stop and eat a dozen glazed donuts, then run the other half of the race. I can't wait.

What are the craziest races any of you have ever run?

Replies

• kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    Haven't run any yet but a coworker does one where you weigh in, stop halfway and drink beer and eat food, and they weigh you at the end to see who gained the most. Counterproductive but fun.
  • DBoone85
    Options
    Haven't run any yet but a coworker does one where you weigh in, stop halfway and drink beer and eat food, and they weigh you at the end to see who gained the most. Counterproductive but fun.

That sounds interesting. I may have to look into something like that.....
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Not running, but I race cyclocross in the fall...all of those races are crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRZOa_E9Qs8
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Raced two Cops down a main street in Santa Ana, California. Mother's Day, 1974. Almost won, but tripped over a hedge and lost.

51 Day penalty for that loss.
  • DBoone85
    Options
    Raced two Cops down a main street in Santa Ana, California. Mother's Day, 1974. Almost won, but tripped over a hedge and lost.

Bwahahahahaha...

why were you runnning, if I might ask?
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options

Bwahahahahaha...

I second that. I could use some running motivation :laugh:
  • goldenguymsw
    goldenguymsw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Ran an urban race involved running up and down 3 parking garages (either up stairs down ramps or up ramps down stairs)... and a 20 story building... up one stairwell... across the top floor down the other stair well... also some running on the road and over a bridge... we started on the road and ran through a rail yard before going up the first parking garage... it was longer than a 5k and had over 1000 stairs... it was crazy...
  • DBoone85
    Options
    Ran an urban race involved running up and down 3 parking garages (either up stairs down ramps or up ramps down stairs)... and a 20 story building... up one stairwell... across the top floor down the other stair well... also some running on the road and over a bridge... we started on the road and ran through a rail yard before going up the first parking garage... it was longer than a 5k and had over 1000 stairs... it was crazy...

Sounds intense. I love running stairs though....
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options

Bwahahahahaha...

Was not the brightest moment of my life. Robbed a 7-11. 1st, last and only time I ever did anything so stupid. Walked in. Punched out the Clerk. Punched out the customer that tried to intervene. Ripped the safe that was bolted to the counter and headed out the door with it. Meanwhile, my getaway car, got away. They didn't know I was going to do anything like that and split. It was about 2am. I was 40 yards from my base (I was a Marine), and I took off running. They caught me.

My lawyer tried to get the Marine Corps to intervene and prosecute me, so that the civilian court sytem wouldn't, but they refused. I got 1 to 10 years, but served only 51 days. When I was released and returned to the Marine Base, my Commanding Officer handed me transfer papers to Okinawa and told me "We haul our trash around here."

Interestingly, that was the best thing that ever happened to me. Changed my life and set in motion a series of positive events in my life.

Too much information?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    I got forced to run the 400 as a 9th grader in JV track... I was 5'10" 215 lbs at the time and built like a linebacker. Otherwise, I threw heavy stuff on the track team...
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Bwahahahahaha...

Was not the brightest moment of my life. Robbed a 7-11. 1st, last and only time I ever did anything so stupid. Walked in. Punched out the Clerk. Punched out the customer that tried to intervene. Ripped the safe that was bolted to the counter and headed out the door with it. Meanwhile, my getaway car, got away. They didn't know I was going to do anything like that and split. It was about 2am. I was 40 yards from my base (I was a Marine), and I took off running. They caught me.

My lawyer tried to get the Marine Corps to intervene and prosecute me, so that the civilian court sytem wouldn't, but they refused. I got 1 to 10 years, but served only 51 days. When I was released and returned to the Marine Base, my Commanding Officer handed me transfer papers to Okinawa and told me "We haul our trash around here."

Interestingly, that was the best thing that ever happened to me. Changed my life and set in motion a series of positive events in my life.

Too much information?

Glad it changed things for the better, we all do crap at some point in our lives! :drinker:

eta: i should state that i dont condone bad things lol, just to be clear cause im sure someone would turn that around haha
  • DBoone85
    Options

Bwahahahahaha...

Too much information?

Nope. We all make mistakes. The good ones learn from them, and it sounds like you did. Thanks for the glimpse into what makes you, YOU!
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Mass escape from the asylum.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    A friend did a moonshine run. You run through the woods at night and at the end there's a live band and moonshine.
  • DBoone85
    Options
    A friend did a moonshine run. You run through the woods at night and at the end there's a live band and moonshine.

Oh, hell yeah! I want to do this one.....
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

Oh, hell yeah! I want to do this one.....

There's also a clothing optional midnight moonshine run. ;)
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Tough mudder for me. 10+ miles of crazy obstacles and mud, including 8ft walls to climb over, muddy trenches to crawl through and an electrified web to run through. Exhausting, but a whole lot of fun.
  • Primal_Warrior_
    Primal_Warrior_ Posts: 2,180 Member
    Options
    I've signed up for my first Spartan Race, Tough Mudder and Half Marathon. I'm the crazy one!
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Ran my first full marathon in Nashville. Great time but.....There is not a flat piece of land in Nashville. WOW
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    ran the rat race dirty weekend on the 10th May, the worlds longest largest and hardest obstacle course (their words) its 20 mile long mud run with 200+ obstacles in the way

www.ratracedirtyweekend.com