Craziest race you have ever run?

Options

Replies

• DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    A friend did a moonshine run. You run through the woods at night and at the end there's a live band and moonshine.

Oh, hell yeah! I want to do this one.....

There's also a clothing optional midnight moonshine run. ;)

I did a clothing optional 5k earlier this month in Florida. Most fun race I ever ran.
  • DBoone85
    Options
    Ran my first full marathon in Nashville. Great time but.....There is not a flat piece of land in Nashville. WOW

Marathon is on my list. I have done a half and loved it......congrats on finishing it!
  • DBoone85
    Options
    ran the rat race dirty weekend on the 10th May, the worlds longest largest and hardest obstacle course (their words) its 20 mile long mud run with 200+ obstacles in the way

www.ratracedirtyweekend.com

That sounds insane......
  • wardamnirish
    wardamnirish Posts: 395
    Options
    Not running, but I was part of a four-person relay team who swam 41 miles around the island of Jersey in the English Channel dealing with choppy seas, 58-degree water w/no wetsuits allowed, and jellyfish. It was really cool to do it, but it was a pretty miserable day when you add in seasickness, and I'd really prefer not to do it again.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I was NOT a runner in high school. When our school had it's local track meet, I would always sign up for the races the school had no one for. In grade 10 I did the 200m and 400m. I came in 5th out of 6 in the 400m (the 6th person was a DNF) and 3rd in the 200m. That race we had to run twice. They started us in the wrong spot and we had to do it again. Only 3 of us re-did it. In the 400m race, I was close to 100m behind the 4th place person and in the 200m race I was about 50m before the 2nd place person. However, I did get a bronze medal for the 200m race. I still have it.
  • wardamnirish
    Options
    That race we had to run twice. They started us in the wrong spot and we had to do it again. Only 3 of us re-did it.

You had to re-run the 200m? Yikes! I don't blame anybody who said forget it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Bat'aan Death March Memorial Marathon- we competed as light military and ran/yogged/walked the event with a team of 6- our leader was a 60 year old women who survived MS.... this was her 3rd event.

Also competed in SandHurst Competition at West Point for Ranger Challenge.

hardest thing I think I've ever done. Never wanted to sit down and puke so bad in my life- and I'm not a quitter LOL.

after that the idea of doing a tough mudder just kind of is meh to me.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I <3 the Blerch.

It wasn't crazy, but probably most physically taxing was the Boston Marathon route with a 40 pound pack. I have the Spartan Beast in VT and a GORUCK Challenge, which will definitely verge on crazy.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Bat'aan Death March Memorial Marathon- we competed as light military and ran/yogged/walked the event with a team of 6- our leader was a 60 year old women who survived MS.... this was her 3rd event.

That one is on my list to do. I've got a bunch of friends who have done it, and hoping to do it next year.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Ran my first full marathon in Nashville. Great time but.....There is not a flat piece of land in Nashville. WOW

Marathon is on my list. I have done a half and loved it......congrats on finishing it!
    Thanks!
  • Twisted_Wrister
    Twisted_Wrister Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Ran the Tough Mudder last Summer - 11.5 miles with more obstacles than I can remember, (electricity, mud, tunnels, mud, high walls, mud, hills, mud, ice water and a vertical ramp to scale)

Also did a Zombie Mud Run with about 13 obstacles and a ton of Zombie roll players chasing you in between

This Summer I have the Foam Fest 5k coming up and the Insane Inflatable 5k - both should be a good time
  • mrfreestyle
    mrfreestyle Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    All the races I run are crazy!
  • Twisted_Wrister
    Twisted_Wrister Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Ran the Tough Mudder last Summer - 11.5 miles with more obstacles than I can remember, (electricity, mud, tunnels, mud, high walls, mud, hills, mud, ice water and a vertical ramp to scale)

Also did a Zombie Mud Run with about 13 obstacles and a ton of Zombie roll players chasing you in between

This Summer I have the Foam Fest 5k coming up and the Insane Inflatable 5k - both should be a good time

I did Foam last year with my daughter, if you can sign the kids up (if you have kids) I recommend it. It's a lot of fun, and not a challenging race like TM or Spartan.

I would have but conflicting schedules with other activities prevented it. However, the Insane Inflatable has a 1/2 mile kids course that I signed them both up for!
  • DBoone85
    Options
    Not running, but I was part of a four-person relay team who swam 41 miles around the island of Jersey in the English Channel dealing with choppy seas, 58-degree water w/no wetsuits allowed, and jellyfish. It was really cool to do it, but it was a pretty miserable day when you add in seasickness, and I'd really prefer not to do it again.

That is bada$$!
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I just read about this one in Running Magazine. You spend more time driving than running.

R2C19_Banner.jpg
  • DBoone85
    Options

I did Foam last year with my daughter, if you can sign the kids up (if you have kids) I recommend it. It's a lot of fun, and not a challenging race like TM or Spartan.

I have no kids. Can I run it with yours? :wink:
  • wardamnirish
    Options
    There's also a clothing optional midnight moonshine run. ;)

I could see myself doing that one. lol
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    That race we had to run twice. They started us in the wrong spot and we had to do it again. Only 3 of us re-did it.

You had to re-run the 200m? Yikes! I don't blame anybody who said forget it.

It got me a medal :tongue: