Canadian Bacon

Options
Derpes
Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
Where does it fit into the bacon discussion? Is it better than turkey bacon?

260017_det.jpg

Replies

• Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    It's ham and no one can tell me otherwise.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    From differencebetween.net, a 100% credible interweb site:

"Canadian bacon is gotten from the loin cut that runs along the back of the pig whereas ham is gotten from the primal cut that includes the leg, butt, and shank. Ham is gotten in diced chunks, slices, and whole form. On the other hand, Canadian bacon is gotten in sliced form only.

When ham contains honey or sugar, Canadian bacon does not contain any of these. Now looking at the calorie content, the Canadian bacon contains fewer calories than ham. Moreover, Canadian bacon is lower in carbohydrates and cholesterol than ham. Canadian bacon also has more protein content than ham. Meanwhile, ham contains more sodium than Canadian bacon. Unlike Canadian bacon, ham contains more Vitamin C and calcium."

Read more: Difference Between Ham and Canadian Bacon | Difference Between | Ham vs Canadian Bacon http://www.differencebetween.net/object/comparisons-of-food-items/difference-between-ham-and-canadian-bacon/#ixzz32MIY8m7k
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't understand why Americans call breakfast ham "Canadian bacon" It's really weird to us Canadians...
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Options
    Like I said, no one can tell me different.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    If it's on my pizza, I pick it off. No reason to ingest calories from sources that I deem are sub-par. :grumble:
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    "gotten"

out goes any credibility :P
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't understand why Americans call breakfast ham "Canadian bacon" It's really weird to us Canadians...

Exactly!! Why do "y'all" do that? :P
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Saying better than turkey bacon means nothing. *kitten* is *kitten*.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    We just have a taste for things Canadian :-)
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Options

We really like to label things that our different or foreign to us. It's what we do.
  • Tiki1978
    Tiki1978 Posts: 364
    Options
    Because its weird! :)
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

We really like to label things that our different or foreign to us. It's what we do.

I'm going to start calling Lebanese food, American food because apparently that's how it works...
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Some Canadians gave me a test on the difference between ham and Canadian bacon... I got an 'eh'.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who likes Canadian bacon? Even on pizza, with green peppers and banana peppers. MMmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options

No No.

All *kitten* is not created equal.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

No No.

All *kitten* is not created equal.

<
    right? :bigsmile:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    From differencebetween.net, a 100% credible interweb site:

"Canadian bacon is gotten from the loin cut that runs along the back of the pig whereas ham is gotten from the primal cut that includes the leg, butt, and shank. Ham is gotten in diced chunks, slices, and whole form. On the other hand, Canadian bacon is gotten in sliced form only.

When ham contains honey or sugar, Canadian bacon does not contain any of these. Now looking at the calorie content, the Canadian bacon contains fewer calories than ham. Moreover, Canadian bacon is lower in carbohydrates and cholesterol than ham. Canadian bacon also has more protein content than ham. Meanwhile, ham contains more sodium than Canadian bacon. Unlike Canadian bacon, ham contains more Vitamin C and calcium."

Read more: Difference Between Ham and Canadian Bacon | Difference Between | Ham vs Canadian Bacon http://www.differencebetween.net/object/comparisons-of-food-items/difference-between-ham-and-canadian-bacon/#ixzz32MIY8m7k

Is it gluten free? I only eat gluten free hams...
  • Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I prefer local bacon.... :tongue:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

If it wasn't for the Egg McMuffin, no American would even know what Canadian Bacon even is.
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options

Second this!!!