no food is satisfying?

Options
2»

Replies

• Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil is great too. My 3 year old daughter eats it on her toast or just straight out of the jar.
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    ohheyyitsrenee Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Your body may be needing something you're not getting. You actually do need a decent amount of fat in your diet, and other nutrients. The craving may not be for a specific food but for what that food provides.

I think it's fats because I really don't get much of it, I just don't know what other fats to eat besides peanut butter or nuts!

Toss your salad/veg in olive oil, cook with a bit of butter, eat tuna with oil instead of brine/springwater, eat chicken thigh instead of breast...
    Fat is NOT the enemy, you actually need it for a large variety of bodily functions.

It's not even that I'm afraid of fats, well actually I lied. I am. I've been afraid of oils for so long. So whenever I eat things cooked in heavy oils it bother my stomach :( I messed up my body big time! But I should try to cook my food in olive oil again
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    Options
    Here's a good list of healthy fats for you:
    ◾Olive oil
    ◾Canola oil
    ◾Sunflower oil
    ◾Peanut oil
    ◾Sesame oil
    ◾Avocados
    ◾Olives
    ◾Nuts (almonds, peanuts, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, pecans, cashews)
    ◾Peanut butter
    ◾Soybean oil
    ◾Corn oil
    ◾Safflower oil
    ◾Walnuts
    ◾Sunflower, sesame, and pumpkin seeds
    ◾ Flaxseed
    ◾Fatty fish (salmon, tuna, mackerel, herring, trout, sardines)
    ◾Soymilk
    ◾Tofu

Thank you for this!! Maybe i'll start eating avocado more, like putting it into my salads or something!

I know this post was to be helpful, but from my all my research, it is so sadly misinformed.

Check this out...

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Bulletproof-Diet-Infographic.pdf

Reading it right now! Thanks!!
  • Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Bacon. Bacon grease. Olive oil. Butter. Cream. Fatty meats. Egg yokes. This is where I get my fats from.

Seriously. Eat some bacon. Like a blt with 8 pieces of bacon fried in the bacon grease. It's good for you :)

Had a BLT today actually!! To bad I was still craving so much food after it :(

Aha, But did you fry the bread in bacon grease?
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    Options
    Bacon. Bacon grease. Olive oil. Butter. Cream. Fatty meats. Egg yokes. This is where I get my fats from.

Seriously. Eat some bacon. Like a blt with 8 pieces of bacon fried in the bacon grease. It's good for you :)

Had a BLT today actually!! To bad I was still craving so much food after it :(

Aha, But did you fry the bread in bacon grease?

haha no!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I was actually also going to recommend the bullet proof coffee!

So yummy... so frothy...

So smooth...

I try to have one daily.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I thought that was a recipe for bulletproof coffee... so:

1 tbsp unsalted butter
    2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
    1 tsp coconut oil (a light of people use more but I'm a tightwad with the $9 oil LOL)
    Stevia (or sweetner of choice)
    Fru fru flavored girly coffee

add all ingredients to coffee, dump in blender, run blender for awhile until it's totally frothy liquid, pour back into cup and enjoy!

My recipe is different than other online, but point is the same, which is to infuse a ton of fat into the coffee.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I love fat. It's delicious. Feel free to check out my diary for ideas - I try to go over every day. My go to is ice cream. Every night. Keeps me happy.