Is it this simple?

Options
12346»

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Yes it is, but I've noticed alot of posters on here that hate counting and can't wait to get to goal "so they won't have to count calories for the rest of their life". I'm always surprised by this because counting works so well, why not keep it up instead of risking gaining the weight back? Counting is so easy on MFP. I'm glad I found it. I always thought you had to suffer to lose weight, and it was a revelation to find out it wasn't so.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/

Excellent article. Thank you for sharing.

Nobody wants to hear that they are eating too much. It is easier to believe that you are eating the wrong foods at the wrong time or in the wrong combination. That way it isn't your fault. I know for sure that if I am not losing or even gaining and it is not water retention that it is totally my fault for eating too much. It is harsh but true.

Indeed. I often re-read it when I stray. That and watching "Supersize vs Superskinny" episodes on youtube.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Yes it is, but I've noticed alot of posters on here that hate counting and can't wait to get to goal "so they won't have to count calories for the rest of their life". I'm always surprised by this because counting works so well, why not keep it up instead of risking gaining the weight back? Counting is so easy on MFP. I'm glad I found it. I always thought you had to suffer to lose weight, and it was a revelation to find out it wasn't so.

Counting is indeed an easy and excellent way to track things made so much easier/convenient with the phone App.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/

Excellent article. Thank you for sharing.

Nobody wants to hear that they are eating too much. It is easier to believe that you are eating the wrong foods at the wrong time or in the wrong combination. That way it isn't your fault. I know for sure that if I am not losing or even gaining and it is not water retention that it is totally my fault for eating too much. It is harsh but true.

Indeed. I often re-read it when I stray. That and watching "Supersize vs Superskinny" episodes on youtube.

That is an awesome article!