Most embarassing act at a gym?

Options

Replies

• Janice2210
    Janice2210 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was doing squats with a really heavy bar and this thread from my black gym leggings was in the way so I yanked it in irritation. What I'd actually just done was pull out the seam in the crotch of my leggings and totally exposed my stark white granny knickers for everyone to see! A guy came up to me to offer me his towel to cover up! So embaressing!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    There are some great stories! :laugh:

Mine's not as bad as some others, but I was still embarrassed. I was doing toe taps on a high bench, feeling pretty good about my workout so far. I don't know what happened, but my feet got tangled under me and I fell right onto my butt in front of several people. Hurt my backside and my pride.
  • One_Last_Time
    One_Last_Time Posts: 125
    Options
    I fart when i do cardio....the whole time. :(
    Same with any ab exercise.
  • Countryslove
    Options
    LOL That is why I work out at home.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Had a bootcamp where we were running and jumpin up onto a stage (3 feet?) I missed. And it was very loud miss.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I once got an elliptical.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I once got an elliptical.

ROFLMAO!!
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    When I was small and weak I failed on a 135 lb bench press and a few guys ran from across the gym and picked up the bar off my stomach. Everyone in the university weight room saw.

Failing on a 1 plate bench press is a good way to instantly lose all gym credibility.
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My Friend was on the tredmill next to me and a really hot guy walked in.. and she was staring at him she somehow failed to notice her "cool down" mode came to a stop. She ended up somehow flipping over the front end of the treadmill. I couldnt stop laughing
  • toconeledoux
    toconeledoux Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow, that reminds me. I was running a 5K for breast cancer two years ago I think and as we started the race and I was in a large tightly gathered pack I couldn't hold in a fart that had decided it wanted to be released, so with each step it announced its presence in little spurts. It took a good 10 steps to be done...THEN when I was wondering if anyone had really heard that the person passing me on the right turned to their neighbor and said loudly, "Oh my god, that girl just farted". I was almost a DNF (Did Not Finish) that race based on humiliation alone.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    This week I've done the following:

Monday - didn't use collars and tried benching a heavier weight, ended up dumping all the plates and had to run around the gym picking them up

Tuesday - stepped on a rock while running and have a ginormous bruise under my arch (I wear Vibrams)

Wednesday - hit my chin on the pull up bar while doing chin ups

Thursday - nothing yet...swam this morning without incident
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Thursday - nothing yet...swam this morning without incident

That's the spirit!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for sharing all! I needed a giggle this morning.

I only have sorta embarrassing things. I was doing overhead presses, feeling good maybe a third of the way through my workout, and all of the sudden TOM came on really heavy. The bar went up and TOM went down. So I ended up dropping the bar quickly and nearly running to the bathroom, and then home (I didn't have supplies with me). I got some strange looks, but thankfully I was wearing black so I don't think anyone but my husband knew what happened.

Failing reps. I never see anyone fail reps without a spotter. I squat and bench in a cage so that I can set it down when I fail. I fail bench quite often to push the limits, and less often with squats, but I always get odd looks. Hip thrusters get funny looks too, but I don't care.
  • JMoore221979
    JMoore221979 Posts: 266
    Options
    I think weekly I hit my head on the bar in the squat rack while putting the weights back. Between music and putting all the plates back I kinda get lost in my own world. I have hit my head on the lat pull down bar before as well. All in good fun though! Worst thing I saw was someone pass out and take a header off the dumbbell rack!
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i do yoga and BW moves that put me azz over teakettle, every time. queef, every time. :embarassed:
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    i do yoga and BW moves that put me azz over teakettle, every time. queef, every time. :embarassed:

:embarassed:
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I use a small gym at my company. I have my ear buds on when I work out. I was making such loud grunting noises from intense lifting, the people in the hallway heard me, ran in to check to see if someone was being tortured lol.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options

:shrug: it's kind of like having a third lung.
  • MrTolerable
    Options

:shrug: it's kind of like having a third lung.

:laugh:
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Lots of good ones.

When I'm working on the weight resistance machines at the gym, I try to alternate between legs and arms so I can get a full body workout. I get so focused on what machine I'm going to do next, I don't pay attention when things change. More than once, I've sat on or almost sat on someone working out on the "empty" machine I was planning to use next.

Luckily I've never hurt anyone but I've scared plenty of people, including myself. :ohwell:

The most fun is when the man or woman trips me or almost falls trying to get out of my way. :blushing:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I'll get banned if I say it.