21 Day Fix - REAL results/opinions ..no coaches

Options
124»

Replies

• infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I think the salient point in this thread is that at least some BB coaches can't read.

I posted long ago on this thread about my journey with 21 Day Fix without pushing coaching. My integrity was brought into question. I never pushed the product in here or gave a link to it or anything...the person asked for results/opinions, and that's all I've given. I don't understand why everyone is against coaches for giving their opinion...many of us are products of the product and have seen success with it.
  • AhealthierMi
    AhealthierMi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I actually love beachbody products.... I love shakeology before my insanity workout and that seems to be the only thing I can eat/drink first thing in the am and workout without feeling sick. I love the energy it gives me as well. I have hip hop abs(fun), turbo fire(super fun), t25 9dont like it) and ive completed one round of insanity and working on my second USING 21 DAY FIX EATING PLAN to help me learn to eat. It really is a good tool to use. I have two friends who have used it and got amazing results.

I'm not a coach so no worries! I use to be a couple years ago just for the discount (don't judge me)
  • Densam82
    Options
    I can't believe the hate and ignorance I'm reading. I am NOT a coach, but I am doing the 21 day fix, Shakeology and all. I am a firm believer in Beachbody products, because THEY WORK, if you aren't too lazy to put the time and effort in. It is a calculated tool, not a guessing game, as is calorie counting, and picking random work outs to do everyday. If that works for you, fine, keep on doing it, but I took college nutrition and physical education, along with all my core science classes, so I've done my research. I'm here to tell you, I back Beachbody up 100%. Also, have you seen what great shape some of those coaches are in? They use Beachbody products, you do realize that, right? They literally are a product of the product. I've seen several people transform from these products, so don't even use the whole "they were like that before using Beacbody" or "they just have good genes" line. Do what works for you, but, don't you dare hate on a product, or work out that you haven't tried. That's called an opinion, you have no facts to back it up. I've seen change on myself, and others, with my own eyes. #RealTalk
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Is it Beach Body necro thread day?

A handful of coaches find MFP today, or just remember their logins?
  • dontcallmecandie
    Options
    I always feel bad when I see people post about stuff like this because I know they are going to get pummled by nearly everyone.

I am not a coach. I do not drink shakeology but I am using the program.

Look, here's the deal. I get that people dislike programs like this because they cost money and MFP is free. But here's the thing- I've tried MFP in the past logging calories. I hated it. I hated the whole process. This is much simpler for me. It's portion control. I don't have to log everything I eat. Every day I know I can have x amount of this this and this. I fill up my cups and I'm done.

I didn't order through a coach (I ordered from the infomercial LOL- embarassing I know).

Aside from spending $50 I don't get why people are so against this program. It's a calorie deficit but it's not crazy. In fact it has me at nearly 2000 calories for my height/weight- which is approximately 800 calories more then MFP calculated for me. This isn't a starvation diet. And while you may spend $50 on containers, you're also getting the workout DVD's with... 10? (I can't remember) different 30 minute workouts.

You're still eating your own food- sooo for the people who say "don't spend money on the containers spend money on whole food"... I'm a little confused. I see people praise the 30 day shred which is what... $10 at Target for a 30 minute workout? How is this any different?

Anyway.... Bottom line is, why do you care? Why do you care if someone uses little plastic containers to help them acheive their weight loss goals? Shouldn't we just be happy that a person is taking a step toward a healthier lifestyle that includes a calorie deficiet diet and daily workouts? You may spend $20 a month on a gym membership and I may spend $50 for some containers and workout DVDs. I don't get the hate?

As for what do you do after the 21 days are over? If you're like myself you start over. Re-calculate to find out whether or not you've dropped to a lower calorie level and thus adjust your containers accordingly. Reached your goal? In my program info there was a page about how to maintain. I'm not sure what's so terrible about that.

Counting calories have been around since the dawn of time. Everyone knows in order to lose weight you need to consume less calories. For me, I hate calorie counting so this has been a system that has allowed me to be successful for the first time in a very long time (ever?).

I just don't get the hate. If it isn't for you, move along. Simple as that.

If someone is posting about a dangerously low calorie diet, then yes that's something to be concerned about. A diet where you have to eat little pre packaged foods to lose weight? Of course be concerned because that to me sounds like a "diet" that sets a person up to fail (ie not acheivable long term).

Anyway... I'll step off my soap box.
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    *Update*

So far in 2 rounds I've lost 10.8 lbs and 7.75 inches

What has worked for me:
    1) Structure - I needed something to tell me "eat this much and do this exercise"...perhaps sad...but that's the truth
    2) Using with MFP - although I do not log my meals 100% faithfully, I did more in the beginning to make sure I was taking in enough nutrition.
    3) One of the things I like about the program is they promote clean healthy foods...not "OMG CARBS/FAT/FRUIT/ETC ARE HORRIBLE AND YOU CAN'T EAT ANY!!"...rather it teaches you portion control...which I desperately needed...
    4) Modifiers in the Exercise: If it wasn't for the normal shaped girl on the side I would die...Kat is my official best friend!!

What I struggle with:
    1) the expectation of water: So you hare supposed to cut your weight in half and drink that in ounces...if I did that I would drown!! So I do what I can...
    2) some of the exercises plain HURT: I have had to skip the yoga day completely (I've never done yoga before and I'm afraid I'm doing some of the poses wrong as my back was KILLING me after, so I just do one of my bellydance DVD's that day (there's lots of stretching and core work). AND there are some exercises I just can't do regardless of the modifiers...so I just keep moving and do something else until that exercise passes :-)

Starting Round 3 on Monday!! I'll post back again in 3 weeks :-)
  • mamawaltz
    mamawaltz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I always feel bad when I see people post about stuff like this because I know they are going to get pummled by nearly everyone.

I am not a coach. I do not drink shakeology but I am using the program.

Look, here's the deal. I get that people dislike programs like this because they cost money and MFP is free. But here's the thing- I've tried MFP in the past logging calories. I hated it. I hated the whole process. This is much simpler for me. It's portion control. I don't have to log everything I eat. Every day I know I can have x amount of this this and this. I fill up my cups and I'm done.

I didn't order through a coach (I ordered from the infomercial LOL- embarassing I know).

Aside from spending $50 I don't get why people are so against this program. It's a calorie deficit but it's not crazy. In fact it has me at nearly 2000 calories for my height/weight- which is approximately 800 calories more then MFP calculated for me. This isn't a starvation diet. And while you may spend $50 on containers, you're also getting the workout DVD's with... 10? (I can't remember) different 30 minute workouts.

You're still eating your own food- sooo for the people who say "don't spend money on the containers spend money on whole food"... I'm a little confused. I see people praise the 30 day shred which is what... $10 at Target for a 30 minute workout? How is this any different?

Anyway.... Bottom line is, why do you care? Why do you care if someone uses little plastic containers to help them acheive their weight loss goals? Shouldn't we just be happy that a person is taking a step toward a healthier lifestyle that includes a calorie deficiet diet and daily workouts? You may spend $20 a month on a gym membership and I may spend $50 for some containers and workout DVDs. I don't get the hate?

As for what do you do after the 21 days are over? If you're like myself you start over. Re-calculate to find out whether or not you've dropped to a lower calorie level and thus adjust your containers accordingly. Reached your goal? In my program info there was a page about how to maintain. I'm not sure what's so terrible about that.

Counting calories have been around since the dawn of time. Everyone knows in order to lose weight you need to consume less calories. For me, I hate calorie counting so this has been a system that has allowed me to be successful for the first time in a very long time (ever?).

I just don't get the hate. If it isn't for you, move along. Simple as that.

If someone is posting about a dangerously low calorie diet, then yes that's something to be concerned about. A diet where you have to eat little pre packaged foods to lose weight? Of course be concerned because that to me sounds like a "diet" that sets a person up to fail (ie not acheivable long term).

Anyway... I'll step off my soap box.

Thank you for your post! Very well said! I seriously think some people aren't happy unless they telling others how much they disagree. Sad. We are all unique and the same ways of eating are not going to work for everyone. Some people have the discipline to eat a chicken breast and broccoli at every meal and others don't. What I wish people would understand is that is ok for someone to do it different than them! And think before they belittle someone for for using tools like the 21 day fix. Like you said why does it matter to them?

My 21 day fix is arriving on Monday. Excited for the portion control! I actually jumped onto the Nutrisystem band wagon and was pretty successful. Tiny portions! I loved the brainless part of eating out boxes but it's so processed and not yummy enough to get excited about haha. Portions FOR ME are the key. I need that structured guidance and so what if I spent the $ on it! It's my money to spend, right? So I will be eating my own clean food out of tiny little colorful containers and in 21 days will have built some habit's :happy:

Curious how it is going for you and do you have any tips or tricks since you have been using it?
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    *Update*

So far in 2 rounds I've lost 10.8 lbs and 7.75 inches

Starting Round 3 on Monday!! I'll post back again in 3 weeks :-)

This is cool. A play by play from an actual user. I find it interesting, and hope you'll keep updating in this thread.
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Still on week one here, but my opinions so far:
    1. I had to go up a calorie bracket after two days. I was dizzy and weak-no workouts.
    2. The DAY I moved up a bracket I felt better-it literally took one extra container of yellow,green, and purple to balance my blood sugar.
    3. Im still pissed about the size of my cheese container.
    4. You can MASH a lot of cheese into the container.....FYI...
    5. Did Total Body Fix-ill stick to my original workouts of insanity and lifting weights.
    6. F shakeology. Its gross. Its expensive. Its unnecessary
    7. Taco salad is my buddy. I can use two green, 1-2 red, blue, orange, and one yellow and get a nice bowl of food. (big salad, hamburger meat w/cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt, garlic,and onion powder, cheddar, a little oil, and two crispy baked corn tortillas crunched on top)
    8. Dessert is still my favorite meal of the day. Greek yogurt with vanilla and stevia, and cash in on 3 tsp of peanut butter. whip these together and dip whatever Is in a purple container in it. or...you know...lick the bowl.
    9. If I am still hungry at the end of the day, I use a container from the next day unless I add a green. Sometimes a bowl of cereal is worth it.
    10. I amastounded with how many grams of protein those tiny containers can be worth. I use 2 for a big protein shake and 2 for actual food and i'mgetting well over 140 g a day.
  • girlycanuck
    girlycanuck Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow so much hate for 21 day fix!

I just started it (day 3) and the containers literally spell out your portions. Portion size is something most of us have lost track of...hence why we have gained weight. The workouts are not a joke...I kind of thought they would be but they are challenging! This is by far the simplest eating plan I have come across. It's easier than points and I don't relate well with tracking calories. If it fits in the container you can eat it. Easy peasy! So far, I love it !!!! I don't use Shakeology though and for people b1tching about paying for it, you can get it for free if you're resourceful enough.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You can save a bunch of money by going to the Dollar Store and picking up some containers to put your premade meals in. Basically that is what you are paying for with the fix. They give you some tiny containers, a calorie goal, some meal ideas and that's about it.

Exactly this.
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You can save a bunch of money by going to the Dollar Store and picking up some containers to put your premade meals in. Basically that is what you are paying for with the fix. They give you some tiny containers, a calorie goal, some meal ideas and that's about it.

Exactly this.

Lol it's working for me... so I'm totally secure with this fact...if I had the imagination to set it up myself I wouldn't weigh over 200lbs :wink:
  • DiabolicalColossus
    Options
    Actually, the '21 days to create a habit' idea is a myth. Not a lick of truth to it whatsoever. Habit formation is dependent on individual differences and the activity that one is trying to turn into a habit.

http://blogs.ucl.ac.uk/hbrc/2012/06/29/busting-the-21-days-habit-formation-myth/

So if we take averages into consideration, it'd be more like a 66 Day Fix... maybe.

You're right. Except it's worse than a myth: it's a marketing gimmick.

Plans like this choose 21 days because that's the outer limit for what people will *DEVIATE* from their normal habits. People start this and say to themselves "It's only 21 days. I can do this. It's not that long. I'll spend the money, lose the weight, and I'll be done in less than a month. Perfect!"

And they're right. You can put up with all sorts of inconveniences and discomforts if you know it's for a limited period of time. Think about how many times in life you got through difficult situations only because you knew it was "just for the week," or "only until Friday" or whatever. But if you went to work and knew that you could never really go home (what real weight management looks like) or that - if you could - you have no idea how long it will be (targeted one-time weight loss without continuing weight management) until you could, how many people would show up to work? Nobody would, that's who. And that's why none of these companies are going to try to sell the truth: there's no profitable market in it.

So they give people an artificial deadline which seems like it *might* be long enough to lose some weight, but not *so* long that they have to give serious thought to whether or not they can stick out for such a long period of time. Three weeks? Almost anyone has the willpower to stick with something for 3 weeks. Including the schmo sitting on his sofa right now listening to this sales pitch.

It's designed to capture an uneducated impulse buyer. No one other than an impulse buyer who hasn't done the first bit of research and forethought into a comprehensive weight loss plan would even seriously consider paying for something so readily available for free elsewhere. That's just the harsh, brutal truth of it.

BB Coaches and Herbalife and whoever else is reading this: Hey, you've got a job to do and money to earn. More power to you. Everyone's got to do something to keep the lights on. But let's not pretend it's something other than what it really is.

This was the best thing I've read today.

Thank you, Sir.