Log log log....

Options
Curious to know. How do you log?

Do you...
a.) the beforehand think of what you're going to eat the next day or for the day and prelog everything from breakfast until dinner?
b.) log while you're eating?
c.) log after you've just finished a meal?
d.) log everything after you've finished eating for the day?

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Generally log just before I eat. I've tried every option, and it is what works best for me.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    i kinda do a bit of all that. for lunch through the week i log it right when i get to work because i have my lunch packed then and i know that wont change. supper i think about how much i can eat and judge my portions upon that, and log after. weekends i try to log stuff before it makes it to my mouth because i have no real routine on sat and sun, but alot of the time i end up just mentally keeping track on the weekend just because i dont have a computer right in front of me alot if the time.

i would never log during eating, just because i prefer to just eat and eat only, no other side activities like watching tv or playing on the computer, thats how i got this fat in the first place
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    today being the exception because i haven't gotten much accomplished yet - but usually i log what i plan to eat for the day and i prep my snacks. that way i see how great my day will be and i find it easier to stick to because i have already committed
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I do all the above :frown:
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    This is not what I came here for.

Anyhoo...I log randomly. I eat a lot of the same foods day to day so I'll log it after, but if it's something I'm unsure of, I'll check the calories before I eat it.

So, basically, there's no rhyme or reason to my logging.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I usually log while I eat or immediately after.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    A & B
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    A & C work for me
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Do you...
    a.) the beforehand think of what you're going to eat the next day or for the day and prelog everything from breakfast until dinner?
    All of the above. Generally, (d) is the least desirable, because you can forget details. (a) Makes good sense if you're eating some new and unique. (b) Makes good sense if you're waiting for food. (c) Usually. :)
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options

Anyhoo...I log randomly. I eat a lot of the same foods day to day so I'll log it after, but if it's something I'm unsure of, I'll check the calories before I eat it.

you were thinking of this weren't ya.....
    giphy.gif

I end up eating pretty much the same stuff, if I need to check, I'll either do so before or just afterward, so A and C \m/
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Do you...

Yes, except d.
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I find that I am way more successful when I plan my meals and pre-log. Then if I have to make adjustments, I tend to have more wiggle room.

Also, I find it very helpful for resisting temptation. Nothing like seeing a muffin that weighs in at whopping 700 calories added my diary to make me decide not to shove it in my mouth and help make rethink how I need/want to use those calories.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    C
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    When I'm on my own & tracking my macros closely, I pre-log meals but log snacks just before eating. On less predictable days when I am very busy or know I'll be eating out, I log just before eating (often while looking up items in the menu). I have tried pre-logging everything but didn't like feeling obligated to eat from a "menu"... if I logged at the end of the day I know I'd go over!!
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    A
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    At various times, it's been all of the above.

If I know what I'm going to have for a meal, I'll go ahead and mark it down. Sometimes my kids are playing on my phone, and I'll wait until later.

It just depends.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

you were thinking of this weren't ya.....
    giphy.gif

I end up eating pretty much the same stuff, if I need to check, I'll either do so before or just afterward, so A and C \m/

It's big, it's heavy, it's wood....
  • oChristyo
    oChristyo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I plan my entire day in the morning. Then I stick to it. I am extremely anal with my calories and will freak if it varies from my log.
  • schnicklefritz1
    schnicklefritz1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I try to make and log my breakfast and lunch the day before...it takes planning, but that way I can grab it and out the door I go and I logged it while I was watching TV or something. I also portion out snacks etc and get those logged. Most of the time dinner is much harder for me. I try to measure and log before I put it in my mouth, but gosh darn it....it is hard some times. Tonight we are having tacos....and while I will probably have a salad with the meat and fixings and no shells...I am already looking at the calorie counts so I know what to measure up tonight. I have saved my calories up today...for tonights meals.

You have to figure out what works best for you....if you get SOOO caught up in it, that it drives you crazy...you will quit...so find what works for you...and then stick to it. It is trial and error for sure. Good luck with your journey.:smile:
  • crystalnichle
    crystalnichle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I log after I eat which I need to change because I make terrible decisions when I do that.