Log log log....

Options

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    a bit of every option but I have been doing this for almost 4 years so I will add E: Log from time to time to make sure my macros are in line
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    captains-log--large-msg-127781351729.jpg

Always after.
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I normally log right before each meal, but if I know I'm going out to a restaurant or something later in the day I'll prelog what I plan on ordering so I know how many calories I have to work with for the rest of the day.
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    During the week:

Breakfast, Lunch and snacks are logged in the AM while I'm making them (or right when I get to work if I ran out of time).
    Dinner, evening snacks are logged as I eat them.

Weekends:
    Everything is logged as I go.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    A with minor modifications throughout the actual day.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    If I know what I'm having for lunch or dinner, I'll log it early, but most of my meals are decided when I'm making them so I log when I'm eating or right after.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    A with minor modifications throughout the actual day.

This is what I do as well
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Typically, officially, right after I eat I log it.

But in reality it is logged during the choice of what to eat to make sure it will fit into my allowance.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Curious to know. How do you log?

Do you...
    a.) the beforehand think of what you're going to eat the next day or for the day and prelog everything from breakfast until dinner?
    b.) log while you're eating?
    c.) log after you've just finished a meal?
    d.) log everything after you've finished eating for the day?

A, B and C. Not so much D.

My weekday breakfast and lunch are pretty standard (in fact I have them set up as "Meals"), so logging is easy, either pre-logging, as or after I eat. I usually pre-log my dinner before I eat just to make sure it fits in my day. If necessary, I have to change things up if it looks like I'm going to be way over (200+cals).
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I log my whole day except dinner in the morning before I go to work. I tweak it throughout the day as I need to, adding additonal things I eat or taking off things that I didn't end up eating. I like to log as I go as well, but I don't have a Smart Phone so I don't use the app and I'm not always in front of a computer and don't want to miss anything I've eaten, so I find pre-logging my days work best for me.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    This is not what I came here for.

Anyhoo...I log randomly. I eat a lot of the same foods day to day so I'll log it after, but if it's something I'm unsure of, I'll check the calories before I eat it.

So, basically, there's no rhyme or reason to my logging.
    you were thinking of this weren't ya.....
    giphy.gif

I end up eating pretty much the same stuff, if I need to check, I'll either do so before or just afterward, so A and C \m/

It's big, it's heavy, it's wood....
    It's better than bad IT'S GOOD!!! \m/™
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    This is not what I came here for.

Anyhoo...I log randomly. I eat a lot of the same foods day to day so I'll log it after, but if it's something I'm unsure of, I'll check the calories before I eat it.

So, basically, there's no rhyme or reason to my logging.
    you were thinking of this weren't ya.....
    giphy.gif

I end up eating pretty much the same stuff, if I need to check, I'll either do so before or just afterward, so A and C \m/

It's big, it's heavy, it's wood....
    It's better than bad IT'S GOOD!!! \m/™

LOL:laugh:

Thank you for your responses and well wishes!

Whenever you *do* leave wiggle room for the rest of the day when you prelog, how many calories to leave space for?
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    A and B

Usually my days and treats are planned around breakfast time that morning :drinker:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    wow I must be weird...

None of the above

I log my week usually...

On Sunday night I sit down after i have done the shopping and plan my meals. My breakfasts vary depending on where I am, lunches are usually what was left over from the previous nights dinner and then my dinners are planned based on if my husband is working a day shift or night shift.

I typically do not vary from it as I do this to ensure my macros are hit. That being said I do vary if I feel like it...I am not that OCD about it.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Typically it's A and B - I try to plan out my day early and than just make any changes I need to.

When I wait til the end of the day which I have a few times, are always the days my calories and macros are horrible because it takes a little planning
  • haleema93
    haleema93 Posts: 70
    Options
    Curious to know. How do you log?

Do you...
    a.) the beforehand think of what you're going to eat the next day or for the day and prelog everything from breakfast until dinner?
    b.) log while you're eating?
    c.) log after you've just finished a meal?
    d.) log everything after you've finished eating for the day?

If i'm having a cheat meal I usually add it to the diary the night before so i know how many calories i have left.
    usually log just before a meal so i know i'm only eating that and not nibbling on other things!
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I find that I am way more successful when I plan my meals and pre-log. Then if I have to make adjustments, I tend to have more wiggle room.

Also, I find it very helpful for resisting temptation. Nothing like seeing a muffin that weighs in at whopping 700 calories added my diary to make me decide not to shove it in my mouth and help make rethink how I need/want to use those calories.

I do the same thing. You'll stray less if it's already written down and you have a game plan.
  • mysecretself
    Options
    a little bit of everything, I plan out most days or at least some of my meals
    If anything else I add just before or after I eat it
    Sometimes I wait til later in the day to do a whole count(I always have a rough count in my head though)
    x
  • BigTireFlipper
    BigTireFlipper Posts: 116 Member
    Options

A hybrid of this. My breakfast doesn't change much so it's easy for me to know how many cals I'm going to have for it. The exception is on big workout days where I need to eat more cals than normal in order to not be stuck with a huge pile of cals I need to eat at the end of the day.

Lunch is always prepped for the week. I do up a big batch and enter it as a recipe so I can simply select it to populate my diary.

Dinner is the stand out. I look at whatever I have left and put together a meal that fits the remainder. This method lets me feel like I'm maintaining control over my counts, doesn't leave me with any end of day surprises, and lets me get creative at the end of each day.
  • vickiem74
    vickiem74 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I usually log just before or just after.