Even My Feet are Fat!

Options
2»

Replies

• IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It seems that as soon as Mother Nature turns up the heat, I start retaining water and gain 8-10 pounds. Most often, I don't lose it until fall. The doctor says I'm healthy and it's just the way it is. I drink a ton of water a day so it's not that I'm dehydrated.

Anyone have an idea how to get rid of the water weight? Thanks in advance!
    Chew on a big handful of parsley or water cress, or celery .especially the Parsley. Make sure you are near a loo, you will most defo feel as if you developed a leak. lol
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Lemon in your water may help a bit. I am assuming your blood pressure is good or the doctor would have been worried.

Nope...not helping me....and I drink about a gallon of water with lemon juice a day....BUT I get some extended cardio out of it, running to the bathroom every 30 min....lol
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    what types of diets are you on?
    do you eat carbs like breads and starches or is it strictly a protein fat diet, with veggie carbs?

I feel like if I had this problem I'd be even more strictly Paleo ...

I've been (for more than 1 yr at a time) paleo, vegan, raw vegan. Got bloat with all when sodium was introduced, period.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time believing 8-10 lbs is water weight. Usually people have a weight fluctuation of 2-3 lbs for water.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time believing 8-10 lbs is water weight. Usually people have a weight fluctuation of 2-3 lbs for water.

If you carry more then average muscle and are doing strenuous cardio--ie 6 mile run, you can drop 5-6 pounds, same for cyclists going for long rides. Sweat, evaporation, urine, not that hard.
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm neither overweight nor approaching menopause, and my ankles have been swelling for YEARSSSS. For me I don't think it's related to sodium, it just happens when I've been on my feet for too long. I will get pitting edema, like the kind where your socks leave imprints. But I kinda like when my legs swell because it's the only time they don't look like scrawny chicken legs. :embarassed:
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Keep your feet as raised as possible. I get this and it fluctuates in severity depending on I have no idea what...lol. For me, it's worse at work. I bought compression socks and they help. I bought the kind you can use for exercise and I love them! I bought the ones that just cover my calves on amazon.