Workout Apparel

Options
Hello all. =) This might not be the best place for this, but I couldn't find another topic that fit as well, so I apologize in advance.
Can anyone recommend a place to get some workout clothing that will fit me and isn't insanely expensive? I want something that will be comfortable (and preferably not skin tight ugh). I saw some items at Lane Bryant, but their stuff is crazy expensive. Even if you have ideas on how I can reuse old clothes, I'd be down for that as well.

Thanks so much!

Replies

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Target, Walmart, Old Navy
  • notsorrymrsjackson
    Options
    Ross tj maxx and marshalls! :)
  • lizfreakinm
    lizfreakinm Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Kohls!
  • DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sears nordictrack wear
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores, often (changes every day for some). Get the crazy expensive stuff for less than the walmart/target stuff!
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I buy most of my workout clothes at Old Navy - they have great stuff and it's really inexpensive, especially if it's on sale.

Target also has a nice fitness clothing section, and again, very reasonable.

I live in Canada and buy workout clothes at Joe Fresh as well - I believe JC Penney carries this brand in the US.

And I can usually find a few decent items at TJ Maxx as well.

I pretty much check out the fitness section everywhere I shop - I think I have an obsession.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    Walmart has VERY inexpensive workout clothes. Last summer, I found shorts for 3 bucks & tanks for 5 bucks. Now, they aren't the cutest---but, they get the job done.

Other recommendations: TJ Maxx, Target (check the clearance section)
  • budobo
    budobo Posts: 38
    Options
    I use my old sports shirts from High School and College - they're all plain cotton Ts. I use spandex ankle pants for my bottoms, or old volleyball spandex (which are, admittedly, too short out of the volleyball gym and out of high school). I bought a pair of these elastic pants at Old Navy for about $25 - and I like them better than the $40 pair I bought at a sports authority
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Since you mentioned LB I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that you're female and in plus sizing. If that is the case, definitely check out JC Penney's "X-ersion" line, it's not super inexpensive BUT it's cheaper than Lane Bryant, and they put that stuff on clearance pretty often. That is where I got some great workout pants/capris for cheap and I really love them, in fact I keep wearing them even now that they're quite saggy just because they are great.

Also, thrift & secondhand stores might surprise you. I got a pair of cute Athleta shorts at Salvation Army Family Store for a few dollars and they are in excellent condition.

Good luck!
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Old Navy, Kohls and Marshalls
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    clearance rack at sports authority. brands like champion and new balance aren't as expensive compared to under armor, nike, and adidas.
  • 103reasons
    103reasons Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Kohl's and kohls.com
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Old Navy is pretty awesome. I just visit the clearance section of the store and use coupons for ___% off. Last time I snagged 5 pairs of pants and 2 tank tops for $15.20 (normally $139.70).
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Costco!! great quality - super cheap. I have several pairs of yoga pants from there that I prefer over my lulu lemon ones
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Also ShopKo, surprisingly. I just snagged a pair of judo pants for ten and some quick-dry tanks for five a piece. Plus some cute new zumba shoes for thirteen! They started life at eighty, so I'm happy. Check the clearance section!
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I realize they're not cheap, but I bought a pair of Nike spandex-ish capris a few years ago from Foot Locker, and they've toooootally been worth the money! $40-50 I think. They've fit me all the way from 226lb to 177lb (although they didn't look so great at 226 :)). I use them for everything, running, weights, workout DVDs. They still look brand new, no sign of any holes where my thighs rub, which has been a problem in the past with the cheaper pants. I would highly recommend them.
  • ecross1220
    ecross1220 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Burlington Coat factory believe or not and ofcourse my favorite second hand stores found brand new Nike and bike shorts for my cycle class and yes I am 16 plus:-)
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    There are some great Capris at Costco right now. They run a little big. I should be a med/large, but the medium is a little loose on me.
  • tldiet
    tldiet Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I really like the shorts at Kmart ($4-$5) a pair.
  • tldiet
    tldiet Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Agreed with the Nike apparel being just about the best bang for your buck!