Workout Apparel

Options
2»

Replies

• ftballmom9296
    ftballmom9296 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wal Mart has Danskin Brand work out clothes and they are cute for really cheap. I got me two tank tops that are like that sweatproof material for $5.96 a piece last week. I absolutely love them they are brand new and were really inexpensive. Try There.
  • Awesomers
    Awesomers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Old Navy online. I have the "active loose-fit tank" and it's fantastic. It holds everything in place without being suffocating. From Old Navy I also bought compression capris and a cheap-o pair of clearance shorts.
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I got my fave work out tanks at walmart.
    My fave capri's at shopko. 2nd fave pair at Target.

Above all I would say department stores always have decent sales, I would just look at sale items and just stop at the work out section each time you are in a store to see the work out stuff.
  • vickiem74
    vickiem74 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do...DO NOT cheap out on your sports bra!!!

the rest of my stuff is Wal-mart or Gordmans
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    TJmaxx has GREAT options.
    Old Navy
    Burlington
    Marshals
    Penny's

but mostly TJMaxx- that place has GREAT workout clothes.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada and buy workout clothes at Joe Fresh as well - I believe JC Penney carries this brand in the US.
    OMG I LOVE Joe Fresh workout wear

I would live in it if I could wear it to work!
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada and buy workout clothes at Joe Fresh as well - I believe JC Penney carries this brand in the US.
    OMG I LOVE Joe Fresh workout wear

I would live in it if I could wear it to work!

Haha, agreed! Every time I go grocery shopping I gravitate to the Joe Fresh workout clothes.

Like I said - obsessed.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I shop the sales racks at all the sporting goods stores. I find all kinds of Nike, Armour yadda, yeadda stuff cheap.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I pretty much live in Active Basic from Amazon.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    JC Pennys has a line of workout closes that are pretty affordable, on top of that, this is an awesome time of year to find long sleeve shirts on clearance (sometime for like 2 or 3 dollars!) and cut them up into baggy yet sexy work-out tank tops. However, I will totally suggest splurging on a high quality sports bra, yes they can get expensive, YES it's worth it, I have one nice one and a handful of cheaper ones, I have to wear two cheaper ones at a time to make the girls behave, and in the end, that's close to the same cost of one that actually works!
  • k12340
    k12340 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If there's a Gap Outlet near you, I've found some awesome work out clothes on sale off the outlet price.
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I buy my workout pants at Ross' Dress for Less. I dont' like my pants skin tight. I take a Medium, but since I don't like them skin tight, I sometimes find pants in the Large or Extra Large section. They are meant to be worn skin tight, but on me, they are a little looser, how I like them. For a top, I wear a Men's M or L T-shirt.
  • NadiaGH
    NadiaGH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    old navy, especially sale/clearance items!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Okay so more specifically for less expensive:

1. Target - google Cartwheel Target - it's a way to load "offers" to your phone OR you can just print a bar code from your account for offers for example: 10% off Sports Bras etc. At check out they scan the bar code and you get that % off. Additionally, if you can find a PRINTABLE coupon on Target.com for that same item you can use BOTH the Cartwheel AND the Printed coupon. THEN if you get a Target redcard (no you don't have to go into debt get a debit card it will link to your checking account and you will have a PIN NUMBER) for an extra 5% off every time. This is also good for socks and thongs :)

I buy expensive lululemon **** sometimes, but one shirt I get the most compliments on lately was a 2.98 Champion top top I found on Targets clearance rack. Go fig.

2. Goodwill. When I was first losing weight you bet your booty I wasn't spending cash on work out clothes. Find out if your local goodwill has a $ day where everything of one "color" is $1. Find out if they have a day where everything is 50% off.

3. Marshalls / TJ Maxx clearance rack. Close your eyes - walk to the red clearance lanes and stay there.

4. Friends and garage sales!!! I actually inherited my fav work out skirt , later stolen, from a friend who was further along in her weight loss journey than me. Garage sales (at least in my area of the country) often have work out clothes from people who gave up working out and sometimes even have tags.

DO NOT SKIMP ON YOUR WORK OUT SHOES! I know someone said bra's...but for me those don't matter as my chest is basically gone lol. NO one should skimp on the shoes you WILL GET HURT>
  • LON757
    LON757 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am a plus size and I love walmart workout clothes
  • Boxing987
    Boxing987 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    nike pro combat
  • HalfwayGone
    HalfwayGone Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I've some Nike, Adidas and Asics workout clothes...
  • pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I wear 2 sports bras at a time, and I buy them from Target. They aren't fancy; just Champion brand. But better than if you just hit Wal-Mart. I wear a smaller size under a larger one. Gotta keep the girls under control!

As I'm quite underemployed at the moment, most of my workout attire is a) Wal-Mart or b) thrifted. Yeah, I thrift workout clothes from Value Village. I'm poor :tongue:

I also find that if you're body concious and want a baggier fit - Target's sleepwear section! I bought 3 of these loose-fitting, light-weight, thin tanktops that I wear to Zumba allllllll the time, or over a tighter tank top when going for a jog. They are comfortable, cheaper than real athleticwear, and come in fun colors :) They also have a little pocket on the front that is perfect for an iPod nano or mini :D