My husband saved me...

Options
This is just so sweet I wanted to share...tonight I was really craving a smarties mcflurry from McDonalds or a Reese Pieces sundae from Baskin Robbins and I knew I shouldn't have it because I was almost out of calories and already over my fat and sodium but I still wanted it and told my husband I couldn't have it even though I was so tempted...so he went to the store and came home with these popsicle mini ice cream bars which I have never seen before and 1 bar only has 80 calories and 1.5 grams of fat...I was so happy and very proud of my husband for supporting me in that way and even reading the nutritional information on the box! I am now no longer craving ice cream from McDonalds or Baskin Robbins. I am so relieved :-)

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    It Is very sweet of him :)
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    that's the best way to do it. have things on standy if the sweet toot strikes. I buy these ice cream sandwiches that are 140 calories, 2-3g fat, and like 25 carbs....not high in sugar either. Allow yourself these things, don't deprive yourself of else you will go into cravings overload.
  • backleo
    backleo Posts: 13
    Options
    he better get some lov'n tonight!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    What a sweet man - I love it when you get support like that :flowerforyou:
  • FattyFatsoMcTubby
    FattyFatsoMcTubby Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I owe so much of my success to the support of my wife throughout this journey.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    he better get some lov'n tonight!

:love:

I've found blue bunny has single serve ice cream in a few really good favors. They are around 250 calories or so. And my local grocery store will put them on sale for 10 for $10. When they do I stock up so I can have my ice cream and eat it too - not having to worry about eating the whole pint (or measuring a serving)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Awwww! :flowerforyou:

My husband saved me too. A long time ago, in a totally different way, I thought this was gonna be about that, but it's still awesome! :drinker:
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    High 5 to your hubby! With this journey the support is very needed! What a lucky girl you are!
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Great hubby :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Awww..he's a keeper! He needs to be "thanked" tonight. :wink:
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    He know how important this is to you..Therefore, he want to support you any way he can..Thumbs up for hubby...:drinker:
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    He's a precious one, take care of him.
  • lorigrocks
    lorigrocks Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone and it is wonderful he is very supportive. For those who don't have that kind of support...stock up on that kind of thing cuz it really works :-)
  • lorigrocks
    lorigrocks Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Awwww! :flowerforyou:

My husband saved me too. A long time ago, in a totally different way, I thought this was gonna be about that, but it's still awesome! :drinker:
    Thanks...please feel free to share your story on how your hubby saved you...I'd love to hear it no matter how different it is :-)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    So... McDonald's has a Smarties McFlurry? This is news to me!
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Here's to all of us who have supportive spouses/partners. Love ya baby :love:
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    That's got to be a Canadian product, we don't have Smarties in the US.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    That's got to be a Canadian product, we don't have Smarties in the US.

I take it you've never bought a bag of "kiddie mix" candy :)
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    what a sweetie! Nice that he's reading labels for you!
  • Jess116
    Jess116 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Smarties are like fruity M&Ms - chocolate covered with a fruit flavored shell. They sell them in the UK, maybe Canada too.

Unlike US smarties, which are chalky, sugar things in a roll. I'm an American living in the UK. I totally understand the confusion! :)