My husband saved me...

Options

Replies

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    He didnt save you then did he? He just bought you a low fat dessert...... (probably high in sugar though)

There, there, don't worry, you will find someone who loves you one day. :bigsmile:

Naa, I am fed up of people loving me.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    So... McDonald's has a Smarties McFlurry? This is news to me!
    That's got to be a Canadian product, we don't have Smarties in the US.

I take it you've never bought a bag of "kiddie mix" candy :)

Those are NOT Smarties. Those are crap. Smarties are a delicious chocolate candy, like m&m's but better.

Smarties are little pieces of yumminess! I want a Smarties McFlurry for lunch. This is gonna screw with my carbs ratio right ? UGH!

Well this thread has clearly sabotaged me because now I want these new "Smarties" things. I might have to get a Sonic Blast instead. And all they have is the same five flavors all the time.
    Go to a grocery store that has British import items. Buy Smarties. Buy vanilla ice cream of your choice. I recommend Hagen Daz. Put in Blender. Boom. Smartie McFlurry.

So these aren't Smarties?

smarties_large.jpg
    ^^^^ this is what I think of when I hear smarties. What is this magical chocolate smarties you are talking about?

Ohhhhhh magic.... Smarties cleanse!!!!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Your husband went shopping?

Willingly?

Seriously?

Daaaaaaaaaaamn.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    That is sweet! What a great guy! :drinker:

Wish we saw threads like this more often.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    He didnt save you then did he? He just bought you a low fat dessert...... (probably high in sugar though)

There, there, don't worry, you will find someone who loves you one day. :bigsmile:

No doubt there's someone equally as bitter, ready to revel in lifes miserys :laugh:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    This is just so sweet I wanted to share...tonight I was really craving a smarties mcflurry from McDonalds or a Reese Pieces sundae from Baskin Robbins and I knew I shouldn't have it because I was almost out of calories and already over my fat and sodium but I still wanted it and told my husband I couldn't have it even though I was so tempted...so he went to the store and came home with these popsicle mini ice cream bars which I have never seen before and 1 bar only has 80 calories and 1.5 grams of fat...I was so happy and very proud of my husband for supporting me in that way and even reading the nutritional information on the box! I am now no longer craving ice cream from McDonalds or Baskin Robbins. I am so relieved :-)

Just saying I think a better option would have been to get you the Reese's sundae and then take you upstairs to work off the extra calories.
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    aww that is so sweet :)
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

Smarties are definitely in the US! In fact, I just bought some for Easter for my kiddo. :smile:
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

No doubt there's someone equally as bitter, ready to revel in lifes miserys :laugh:

Bitter? Eh?

Over the fact that someone was bought a yogurt?

Have a word with yourself....
  • DreamerVee
    DreamerVee Posts: 1
    Options
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

Those are NOT Smarties. Those are crap. Smarties are a delicious chocolate candy, like m&m's but better.

Smarties are little pieces of yumminess! I want a Smarties McFlurry for lunch. This is gonna screw with my carbs ratio right ? UGH!

Well this thread has clearly sabotaged me because now I want these new "Smarties" things. I might have to get a Sonic Blast instead. And all they have is the same five flavors all the time.
    Go to a grocery store that has British import items. Buy Smarties. Buy vanilla ice cream of your choice. I recommend Hagen Daz. Put in Blender. Boom. Smartie McFlurry.

smarties_large.jpg
    ^^^^ this is what I think of when I hear smarties. What is this magical chocolate smarties you are talking about?

Maybe something closer to a U.S. Sixlet??

03720-Sixlets-4-oz-Laydown-Bag-292x209.jpg
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Your husband sounds very supportive. I know what that is like! Yay us!
  • blf20
    blf20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Your hubby is a keeper!

Smarties - available in Canada - not sure about the US: 230 cal for a 50 gram box; 37 gram sugar.

Smarties jingle
    When you eat your Smarties do you eat the red ones last?
    Do you suck them very slowly or crunch them very fast?
    Its candy coated chocolate
    So tell me when I ask..
    When you eat your Smarties, do you eat the red ones last? :laugh:
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    frozen pineapple has saved me from late night sugar cravings. 3-7 pieces does the trick
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The Blue bunny fudgcicles are a staple in our freezer. I don't even go with the No Sugar Added as I find the regular ones to be perfectly macro-friendly.
  • hooterklb
    hooterklb Posts: 27
    Options

Knowing me I'll just buy a dozen Cadbury Egg pudding cups. I did find these on Amazon though! I'm excited now!

There's a such thing as Cadbury Egg pudding cups?!

I should've gone on not knowing that..
  • Notenispal
    Notenispal Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Smarties?!? As in the chocolate equivalent of m&ms? I LOVE those things. My great aunt from England would bring them whenever she would visit the states. I can understand your temptation!! Go hubby for supporting you!!!
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Your hubby is a keeper!

Smarties - available in Canada - not sure about the US: 230 cal for a 50 gram box; 37 gram sugar.

Smarties jingle
    When you eat your Smarties do you eat the red ones last?
    Do you suck them very slowly or crunch them very fast?
    Its candy coated chocolate
    So tell me when I ask..
    When you eat your Smarties, do you eat the red ones last? :laugh:

YES!!! I will never forget this. The anthem of my youth. :laugh:
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options

smarties_large.jpg

Maybe something closer to a U.S. Sixlet??

03720-Sixlets-4-oz-Laydown-Bag-292x209.jpg
    No. Not at all. They're like m&m's. But better quality chocolate.
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Aww God Bless that man :-)

Love him all you can!

Kaela x