Chest Hair.. to shave or not to shave? - female preference

Options

Replies

• NerdySamoan
    NerdySamoan Posts: 78
    Options
    :laugh: So shaving his back ... that's the secret to becoming someone's Soulmate?!... and I spent so much time looking for that answer!!!

Works for me, i went frm a decent looking teen to some wierd over weight hairy 22 year old and my first GF was with me the whole time.
    Then when we moved to Australia and being at the beach all the time she asked if ild be more comfortable if my back was shaved.
    in my head i was like, "ÿep shes a keeper"
    We've been together now 11 years, got 3 kids and celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary yesterday.
    Yep! Thats what fairy tales are made of women.
    Thats a mans love story
  • 1HappyTurtleRunner
    1HappyTurtleRunner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    v627wj.gif

Pretty much this.

Maybe I have low standards but, showering and brushing teeth regularly are really only personal grooming requirements.
    [/quote]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • shirerose
    shirerose Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    my wonderfully hairy-chested husband had to shave his chest several times recently while getting it tattooed. it was literally the worst time of my life.
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I hate most body hair on men with the exception of head hair. Leg and arm hair are okay I guess, I feel like I barely tolerate armpit hair. Lol. My guy shaves his chest now(he was pretty hairy when we met, but from what I gather, he's grown to like the hairless look). He shaved his facial scruff too because of me, come to think of it.

Wow... reading that back, I am a controlling b****, aren't I???
  • rebeccapettigrew1
    Options
    I have no preference.
  • nik0878
    nik0878 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I personally like a shaved chest on a guy. I don't know why, I just do.
  • Swaggs51
    Swaggs51 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I am a man, not a pre pubesent boy.. my X used to make me shave it, or i wouldnt get any... Yeah shes an X
    Yes chest hair,
    Yes no shaving on the weekends

dont like it...... BYE :)

I suppose you wouldn't have minded if your ex quit shaving her legs and armpits because she's not a pre-pubescent girl, right?

If she can do it, so can you.

grumble grumble misogynists grumble

Nope not at all, fair is fair... but she wanted shaved legs and pits. i didnt want a shaved chest
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Either way is fine. What is not so nice is a somewhat burly but not in good shape guy who has hair up and down his neck, shoulders, - EVERYWHERE - who insists on parading around the gym with all that matted hair glistening with sweat and NO attempt to cover it up AT ALL.... Personal hygiene is an issue..... :noway:
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    i like hairy guys.

I'd rather no shaving go on at all.
  • Plumbkinpie
    Plumbkinpie Posts: 18
    Options
    After a quick read through of replies it seems I'm the only one who prefers a shaven chest? I HATE any type of curly, pube-like, disgusting hair. I can deal with it in small amounts but when a guy has a full-grown carpet going on it makes me want to vomit.
  • dashaclaire
    dashaclaire Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Tom Selleck- Hairy Chest *DROOOOOL*

David Beckham- Hairless Chest *DROOOOOL*

I do not discriminate based on chest hair or lack of..... If they are yummy............there yummy

I agree. I've dated and been very attracted to both but
    a.) when dating a shaver... Sex would often result in his stubble chaffing my delicate breast skin:(
    b.) as I past age 26 I began to prefer chest hair more and more and now I am going to marry the hairiest chest of all. Boys have hairless chests, so... Nah.
    c.) I guess I don't want to date a high maintenance type guy, I'm all for self-care but the more you have to do just to be "yourself" that **** all falls away when **** gets real anyway. Natural is better.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    After a quick read through of replies it seems I'm the only one who prefers a shaven chest? I HATE any type of curly, pube-like, disgusting hair. I can deal with it in small amounts but when a guy has a full-grown carpet going on it makes me want to vomit.
    My dad's a pretty hairy guy, so I'd have vomited all through childhood, had I not thought hair is a normal part of men.
  • BeautifulChaos27
    Options
    As long as it's not out of control, I love my guy being hairy. Trimming is the most I'd ask him to do, unless it's "down there", then I like things shaven - or at the very least trimmed so the hair is minimal.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I think no chest hair is so much nicer, luckily for me, my guy isn't particularly hairy and he likes it clean too
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    :laugh: So shaving his back ... that's the secret to becoming someone's Soulmate?!... and I spent so much time looking for that answer!!!

Works for me, i went frm a decent looking teen to some wierd over weight hairy 22 year old and my first GF was with me the whole time.
    Then when we moved to Australia and being at the beach all the time she asked if ild be more comfortable if my back was shaved.
    We've been together now 11 years, got 3 kids and celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary yesterday.
    Thats a mans love story

lmao - seriously that is a mans love story *breaks out in thunderous applause*
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I like trimmed up chest hair on my hubby. He hated his chest hair when we first got together & was really insecure about it ~ I'm assuming because the girls he previously dated didn't like it or scoffed at it? IDK. Anyway, yes to chest hair in the perfect trimmed amount ^___^
  • trisha986
    trisha986 Posts: 139
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of the super hairy to the point where its poking out all ends of his shirt lol.

But I don't have an issue with chest hair. As long as he has good hygiene and smells fresh and manly, I'm all for it!
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options

Thats a mans love story

That's actually a very cute story!!! I'm super happy for you guys!! :heart:
  • chellebelle418
    Options
    i prefer a man with chest hair, and i love facial hair (especially that 3 day shadow they get when they just dgaf and don't feel like shaving)....my husband takes off every winter, and from November to January doesn't do anything but trim. he's scruffy and so many times we hear "you need to shave" or "lose your razor?", but i totally love it. when he goes back to work, it's like i got a new man, lol. i dated a couple guys who shaved.....for me, was odd that their skin was smooth as mine was!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I like the little bit of chest hair. Something about chest hair that ignites my "primal" instincts. But yeah I prefer a man to have some. That damn sure doesn't mean I'd turn down David beckham cause the man doesn't have hair on his chest though :smooched:

I agree with all of this :laugh: Chest hair can be super sexy. Same with facial hair. :love:

facial hair is def a cultural thing... the hispanic, asian, canadian, and russian ladies I've dated were consistently adamant about being clean shaved, while the aussie and many domestic women were into beards or the slight stubble look. - can't say I've dated a european women yet.. :yawn:

I am Canadian, so I don't fit your theory lol