gfs who try to control what you wear

Options

Replies

• MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!

You go about this wrong... I tend to dress waaaayyy better than the domestic american women I date so I constantly am telling THEM what to wear.

Once you come across as better, classier, more sophisticated then YOU become the authority on the clothes.

and you don't need to know jack shenanigans about clothes or fashion to look like you do..

go into bloomingdales
    find the most attractive women
    ask her to help you pick out 5-6 outfits
    (flirting with her hardcore the whole time may result in getting the super special treatment)
    proceed to pay for the outfits
    wear outfits
    be confident with a hint of cocky and be the authority figure.

I am more of a tshirt and jeans guy. If I want to dress up, I find a shirt with buttons from JCPenny.

nothing wrong with JCPenny! Just when you rock it be confident and be the authority figure on what you wear!

Women have a place, and its as little queens... but when it comes to your clothes - you ALWAYS should be the authority on your style or your ganna start dating Ms. Bossy pants.
  • crohnsfighter
    crohnsfighter Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I am an independent, grown *kitten* man who does his own shopping, cooking, and laundry. I'll be damned if some woman is going to tell me how to live my life.

Except when it comes to clothes. Left to my own devices I'd wear a bathing suit, Christmas sweater, and that helmet that holds 2 beers with the tubes in your mouth.

Is it sad that this sounds appealing?

Are you kidding? It's so much fun!

Throw in a game of Mario Kart with some friends and you got a party!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    i would immediately buy a kilt

what do you think she would do if you asked her not to wear something?

To be fair I am always asking her to take off her pants and chonies.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    There is only one thing in your life you will ever TRULY have dominion over--your body. Never let anyone else take that one thing away from you. You give her say in what you do to it (including the clothes you put on it) and you lose control over the one and only thing that will ever really and truly be yours to control. And anyone worth your time will respect that.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!

You go about this wrong... I tend to dress waaaayyy better than the domestic american women I date so I constantly am telling THEM what to wear.

Once you come across as better, classier, more sophisticated then YOU become the authority on the clothes.

and you don't need to know jack shenanigans about clothes or fashion to look like you do..

go into bloomingdales
    (flirting with her hardcore the whole time may result in getting the super special treatment)
    wear outfits

I am more of a tshirt and jeans guy. If I want to dress up, I find a shirt with buttons from JCPenny.

nothing wrong with JCPenny! Just when you rock it be confident and be the authority figure on what you wear!

Women have a place, and its as little queens... but when it comes to your clothes - you ALWAYS should be the authority on your style or your ganna start dating Ms. Bossy pants.

So what you're saying is, you wouldn't date the ladies at Bloomingdale's? Or anyone with better style than you?

Reeks of confidence and shaving cream.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!

go into bloomingdales
    wear outfits

I mean, you shave your chest nobody is gonna take you srs once you take your shirt off.

I just died laughing. :laugh:

Anyman who spends more time shaving, shopping, Shining and shampooing than I do is way too high maitenance than me...

and it would be a cold day in hell when I man dictated what I wore...he can ask and I may allow his request...
  • MrTolerable
    Options

asking? :sick:
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options

Except when it comes to clothes. Left to my own devices I'd wear a bathing suit, Christmas sweater, and that helmet that holds 2 beers with the tubes in your mouth.

So, what I think you're saying is I should change before going out then?
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Does she control other parts of your life, or does she just find kilts super not sexy? If she's turned off by you in a kilt, she's got the right to not have sex with you in said kilt.

If she uses this line to control you in other ways, maybe start to worry. Otherwise just do what my man does - rock that kilt (or socks and sandals, in my man's case) when she's not around! But tell her that you're doing it.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    WOW!!!!

go into bloomingdales
    wear outfits

So what you're saying is, you wouldn't date the ladies at Bloomingdale's? Or anyone with better style than you?

Reeks of confidence and shaving cream.

I do reek of confidence :wink: however I shave with olive oil and almond butter :wink:
    ..and I've dated two former run-way models :love: ... still friends with one of them :blushing: ... and obviously they had better style.. :huh:

*so as I was in almost all cases you can be the authority figure except for the rare cases where their occupation involves fashion.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    If you want to wear one, do it. Don't do it just to spite her.

I hardly ever tell my husband what to wear. I may make a suggestion or two but I know better than to expect him to listen.

As far as kilts go, I think my husband would look great in one! He's a little bigger and hairy also. (did I mention bald)
  • wheird
    Options

A suggestion, not a demand. Demanding is a bit rapey
  • theoncomingstorm6464
    theoncomingstorm6464 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My wife said she would love to see me in a kilt.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Ok, let's discuss this kilt...

You mean a REAL kilt, not one made of a blanket granny knitted tied around your waist with some rope you use to hang your deer in the back yard with, right?

Because yeah, I wouldn't want you to wear that kilt either.

But the tartan of your family history - hellz yeah. Tell her she gets the matching drape.
    or the military kilt when in uniform is mmmmm... yesssss....

Dangit. My husband needs a kilt...
  • wheird
    Options

Geez, didn't know the Prince of Englad was posting here...

[sarcastictone] "Shirt with buttons" "JCPenny" "My dog hates this caviar." [/sarcastictone]

To be fair I normally shop at the upper middle class stores of Walmart
  • MrTolerable
    Options

A suggestion, not a demand. Demanding is a bit rapey

:drinker:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    What's the difference in this and a fella telling a woman she can't wear a particular dress she likes?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I do reek of confidence :wink: however I shave with olive oil and almond butter :wink:
    ..and I've dated two former run-way models :love: ... still friends with one of them :blushing: ... and obviously they had better style.. :huh:

*so as I was in almost all cases you can be the authority figure except for the rare cases where their occupation involves fashion.

Your overuse of emoticons is making me stabby.