Alcohol's effect on next day's weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• BoatsnHose
    BoatsnHose Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm an alcoholic. The day after I would feel incredibly skinny (because I was dehydrated), but after a year of drinking every week I gained 20 pounds. Mixed drinks are so high in calories, and switching to diet coke didn't help...maybe slowed the gain but didn't prevent it. Alcohol tends to make the stomach swell. That makes it harder to digest your food, and it tends to stick to the walls and add the pounds.

If you have an alcohol problem I think it's increasingly harder to lose weight. Taking weight loss pills even paired with alcohol can have harsh effects. I could drink a half a liter of whiskey rum or vodka in 6 hours. I believe that was my record. If you want to lose weight. Stay off the drink. Unless you know you can only have a few, and don't substitute healthy calories for empty ones. It throws off you natural chemistry.

I remember taking antabuse for a few months where if you drink you get sick. Not only did I cut weight from not drinking, my skin looked so much better and I got color
  • cheesevixen_staci
    cheesevixen_staci Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm an alcoholic. The day after I would feel incredibly skinny (because I was dehydrated), but after a year of drinking every week I gained 20 pounds. Mixed drinks are so high in calories, and switching to diet coke didn't help...maybe slowed the gain but didn't prevent it. Alcohol tends to make the stomach swell. That makes it harder to digest your food, and it tends to stick to the walls and add the pounds.

If you have an alcohol problem I think it's increasingly harder to lose weight. Taking weight loss pills even paired with alcohol can have harsh effects. I could drink a half a liter of whiskey rum or vodka in 6 hours. I believe that was my record. If you want to lose weight. Stay off the drink. Unless you know you can only have a few, and don't substitute healthy calories for empty ones. It throws off you natural chemistry.

I remember taking antabuse for a few months where if you drink you get sick. Not only did I cut weight from not drinking, my skin looked so much better and I got color

I've never heard of that. Thank you.
  • PrussianGuy
    Options
    I just faced this temporary alcohol weight gain this week. Had a few cocktails on Friday night, next day I was up over three pounds. As others suggested, I pounded water all day today, took a B100, and also had some coffee. The combination worked well; after using the bathroom facilities several times today, I am back to my pre-alcohol weight.

66277668.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter