Just friends?

Options

Replies

• morag_p2014
    morag_p2014 Posts: 39
    Options

OP though, you're just setting yourself up for a world of hurt if you go bangin that friend of yours. Just sayin.

So fall in love and bang? That better?

Ideally it would be find someone with a modicum of class, then fall in love and bang. That's just how I tend to be though.

How judgemental. It wasn't about you.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    My oldest and dearest friend (of 16 years) is a straight male, we've never even kissed. There is no unrequited love -- neither of us is pinning for the other. The person I would call my best friend best is an ex -- we've obviously had sex. Some fantastic sex. Guess what? We're still just friends.
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options

OP though, you're just setting yourself up for a world of hurt if you go bangin that friend of yours. Just sayin.

Ideally it would be find someone with a modicum of class, then fall in love and bang. That's just how I tend to be though.

lolwut? Not getting how that was judgemental at all.
  • morag_p2014
    Options

Omg you are so great. Omg.
    Oh my freaking god.
    Omg someone did lolwut to me.
    OMG omg.

#youwhat
  • morag_p2014
    Options

If you forgot what you wrote being quicker with your fingers than your mind then please read back to what you wrote.
    And please lolwut ain't funny.

Gn
  • rayofsunshine2368
    rayofsunshine2368 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ladies, let's say you have a guy best friend. You know all his exes and flings, how he lies to women and what he says to get them in bed, all about how he cheats and sneaks around. Basically, you know everything about this dude-- the good, bad and the ugly. Your friendship is weird because you cheer him on with his latest conquest. He'll call you to tell you about the girl he met the other night and that he banged her last night and you congratulate him. No jealousy whatsoever! Completely platonic. You know his friends, he knows your friends. He brings you along with him and his friends and you bring him with you sometimes too. Your friends and his think there's something going on with you two, but there really isn't. You two are just that close. You guys can hug without there being any malice. He can compliment you, and you him. He'll tell you *kitten* you want to know about straight up and not sugarcoat it. He tells you to go out and date. You scold him when he's being an as*h*le to the women, but he never listens. You're friends with him because some guys are just bad boyfriends but good friends, he's one of those people. You guys can talk about anything. He's just really a best bud.

Then one night he suddenly jokes around about doing the deed together. *you get caught off guard because that's the first time that's happened) You scoff, laugh and say no. And then it happens again, he brings it up playfully and he even suggested that you two should date since you're single.

What would you do in these situations? Or what have you done? (If you've experienced this already)

Men, do you do this to your girl best friends if you have any? Lol

I'll go all When Harry Met Sally on you guys...

Can men and women ever just be friends?

Noooooo!

I did this and its was CRAZY we were better off as friends but those damn hormones.... Now we are no longer friends and that kinda sucks
    I agree with you. once you sleep with him things change and becomes awkward. its never the same again. Friends are that just friends
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options

Oh my freaking god.
    OMG omg.

#youwhat

You clearly have some issues. Good luck with that. Please seek help and good day to ya.
  • morag_p2014
    Options

Oh my freaking god.
    OMG omg.

#youwhat

You clearly have some issues. Good luck with that. Please seek help and good day to ya.

As you are old enough I wish the same for you. I hope you fix up.
    Good luck with that. Don't worry. It will be fine.

I edit to say "bitter".
    As you are old and bitter enough.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    yes men and women can be "just friends"

*yawn*

+1

I adore all of my exes, as friends. Why would I have dated them if I didn't. :smile:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

Oh my freaking god.
    OMG omg.

#youwhat

I edit to say "bitter".
    i am so confused by this whole exchange?

are you ok?
  • Zekou
    Zekou Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Man and women can be friends sure, even best friends, but there are rare occasions where there is 0% attraction from one side or even both. I have a lot of guy friends and I was attracted to SOME of them (at some point) and the other way around. That is just human nature.
  • FatCatsRule
    FatCatsRule Posts: 37
    Options

Oh my freaking god.
    OMG omg.

#youwhat

I edit to say "bitter".
    i am so confused by this whole exchange?

are you ok?
    BAHAHAHAHAHA! :laugh:
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

Oh my freaking god.
    OMG omg.

#youwhat

OK, I put that hashtag into twitter and I didn't get any hits. Are you spelling it right?

I am going to suggest 3 deep breaths in between posts. Colllect your thoughts. Anyone who throws out 4 OMG's in one post shouldn't be left alone......
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I heard there was cake and lollipops and LSD in this thread....
  • FatCatsRule
    FatCatsRule Posts: 37
    Options

Oh my freaking god.
    OMG omg.

#youwhat

OK, I put that hashtag into twitter and I didn't get any hits. Are you spelling it right?

I am going to suggest 3 deep breaths in between posts. Colllect your thoughts. Anyone who throws out 4 OMG's in one post shouldn't be left alone......
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA! :laugh:
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    May i bite your burger?
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    yuck- how awkward
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    yuck- how awkward
    but I like burgers.:cry:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    May i bite your burger?

Please do...
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    You can have sex with someone and still be nothing more than "Just friends" with them.

Thats called prostitution, i think?

This doesn't make any sense.