cottage cheese = YUCK!

Options

Replies

• Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I always liked cottage cheese straight up.. no fruit fillers, etc.. but that's how I tend to like a majority of my foods in general.

No hate on the fats either.. I prefer the "4% milkfat minimum" types.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I love it! I personally think youre eating it a weird way. I eat it with savoury foods, thats just me though :laugh:

Agreed. It's not yogurt, it's cheese. Why would you put fruit in it? Gross. I know some people do. I know some people put french dressing and pineapples on it for some reason, too. Not for me. I'm down with just a plain half cup of curds and whey and maybe some celery or something.
  • cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I like to have cottage cheese with pineapple, thats pretty much the only way I like it. You could also want to try a different brand, sometimes certain ones taste funky. But it might not be for you too.
  • 1FearlessFighter
    1FearlessFighter Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Maybe its b/c you got the fat free kind. Try some that is 2% or higher. It taste so much better, IMO. Brands also very in thickness. Our favorite brand is Daily Chef from Sam's. I love to eat is plain along with my salad at lunch. YUM! I just wish it was lower in sodium.

QFT
    I eat 4% and it is delicious. I just had a bowl mixed in with granola - yum. Also good with 1/2 an avocado, or with fruit.

the only ones i can seem to find are the fat fare ones and the 6% ones, pineapple sounds nice, but i just think its one of those foods that i will never really like, i tried to like goji berries, a no no, muscles, another no no, cheese no way, probably why i don't like cottage cheese
  • DCarter1701
    DCarter1701 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Fat free cottage cheese is nasty. Get the regular kind, or the lighter version, but never ever fat free. Even so, it's high in sodium (I understand Breakstone's makes a lower sodium cottage cheese, but I've never tried it), so I haven't had any in a long time. OTOH, I love Trader Joe's fat free Greek yogurt. Mix that with some thawed blueberries and a little raw honey, and yum.

When I did eat cottage cheese, I never liked it with fruit or sweet stuff. Unless it was wrapped in a delicious crepe and slathered with warm peach sauce at my favorite restaurant. I liked it on toast, sprinkled with Mrs Dash, or just mixed with tuna for a salad.

Great, now I'm craving cottage cheese.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    There's a gazillion other foods in the world. Just don't eat it?
  • 1FearlessFighter
    Options

but i've got 1 and 1/2 600g pots of the lumpy stuff in the fridge just sitting there, staring and laughing at me every time i open the door, it freaks me out and i have no idea what to do!!!

either option a) find a recipe to eat it that does want to make me throw up , option b) throw it at the cat and see if she likes it
  • NahrasWay
    NahrasWay Posts: 78 Member
    Options

but i've got 1 and 1/2 600g pots of the lumpy stuff in the fridge just sitting there, staring and laughing at me every time i open the door, it freaks me out and i have no idea what to do!!!

either option a) find a recipe to eat it that does want to make me throw up , option b) throw it at the cat and see if she likes it

My cat loves cottage cheese.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Breakstones 2% is the best...it has to be small curd though.(that word is gross!)I add a little salt and pepper
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Small curd, 4% fat with crushed pineapple on top.
  • 1FearlessFighter
    Options

My cat loves cottage cheese.

looool, my cat loves noodles and olives
  • Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    try 2% or regular
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Nasty ****! :sick:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Sometimes you have to cut your losses.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    i wanted to try cottage cheese since i herd that its very popular. its high in protein and wanted to try something else rather than greek yoghurt. so i bought a pot yesterday, fat free, scooped some passion fruit in, mixed with some seeds, nuts and pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg. i put the first spoon in my mouth and just wanted to spit it out YUCK! :sick: . i tried again just to make sure and still the same. i dont know what it is- the lump texture? sour taste?, but how do people eat this?

The only mistake here is buying fat free.
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Because its delicious. Its actually one of those things I used to eat waaay too much of.

^This. I use to eat a whole container of it. for me it depends on the brand and curd size.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    i usually use something like that when i use greek yoghurt, are you saying cottage cheese is more for savoury dishes

Oh yes. Some weirdos mix pineapple with it...but that is heresy.

If it tells you anything cottage cheese is often substituted for ricotta in lasagna.

Personally I mix it with nothing. Plain, with a spoon, from the container.

This guy, right here.

I buy it full fat, small curd, and eat it plain. Left to my own devices, I can easily devour a whole container.
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i usually use something like that when i use greek yoghurt, are you saying cottage cheese is more for savoury dishes

Oh yes. Some weirdos mix pineapple with it...but that is heresy.

If it tells you anything cottage cheese is often substituted for ricotta in lasagna.

Personally I mix it with nothing. Plain, with a spoon, from the container.

This guy, right here.

I buy it full fat, small curd, and eat it plain. Left to my own devices, I can easily devour a whole container.

Thats why i cant buy it anymore. i dont have the willpower to not devour the container.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I don't like it personally, mainly because of the texture. Even the word 'curd' just sounds revolting to me, lol.
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    I love it with some fruit. Someone reminded me that the protein is nice in it
    as well. Funny,it's not something I eat often. Adding it to my shopping list. :)