oh my god.... HOW MANY CALORIES?! eyeopener!

Options

Replies

• sarahsweightlossjourney
    sarahsweightlossjourney Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I know! When I first started I couldn't believe how many calories were in certain things. Takes awhile to get used to!
  • turtlebeth
    turtlebeth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bye-bye Domino's Pizza. Thanks to this thread I looked up my fave to find that it is 390 PER SLICE!!! Shamefully, I could actually eat an entire medium pizza by myself. So, with pop and such I was having a 3500 calorie dinner. Just.......wow.

Thank you MFP peeps. It is a learning curve and I am making progress every day. Pre-log is my ongoing mantra :o)
  • chunt87
    chunt87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I know! I looked those little things up and what the heck are they made of to do that. My go to calorie dense snack is still peanut butter and some bananas its like 480 calories 4tbs pb and 2 small bananas but its all real food
  • marycatherine000
    Options
    I feel like an idiot saying it but... beer. It's like, I know they have over 100 calories each, but my mind won't focus on that. Then I check to see how many calories total is in that six pack I just drank and I'm shocked. Holy hell.

Also, finger sandwiches.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Fig Newtons got me with this a few weeks ago. :( 100 calories in two cookies. And here I thought I was being smart by choosing a 'better' cookie.

I'm finding that a lot of " better" foods are actually quite calorie dense. It's depressing :noway:
  • PrincessTinyheart
    Options
    I was surprised when I found out how many calories were in bubble tea with tapioca. Holy hell.

Oh no... Really? I love that stuff!!!
  • goshnames
    goshnames Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    yubu chobab... these little bite size korean treats got me.... they may look all harmless... but each has 100calories... I ate 10 before logging them in...

NO WAY. Are these the sweet little tofu hats from every sushi place ever that just has rice inside of it? I love these and don't eat fish, so when I go out to sushi places, I eat like 20 of these at a time...along with other food. Hahaha. Oh gosh. 100 calories each?! How can this be?!
  • OmegaAlpha007
    OmegaAlpha007 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Definitely log before eating.. not always but like many people say..
    Failing to Plan = Planning To Fail
  • ChalkChalkx
    ChalkChalkx Posts: 12
    Options
    My favorite bread, of all time... seriously... might die without these (not really). But just found out they have 120 calories per slice... I love them so much.
  • jeastin123
    jeastin123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I feel your pain. We were traveling last week and stopped at a Qdoba restaurant. I ordered lunch, logged it in afterwards and nearly died when it was about 1,100 calories!!! For lunch! Lesson learned.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    RAINBOW DROPS have 260 fricking calories in one tiny eeny packet!! RAINBOW DROPS!!! little sweet coloured puffs of air!!! ARGHHH!!

Moral of the story: LOG the food BEFORE you eat it.

:'(
    Welcome!

Never had rainbow drops. Here's what I found: http://www.fatsecret.com/Diary.aspx?pa=fjrd&rid=3579106

How in the heck big is that bag?
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I was proud of myself for stopping at only three slices at my favorite pizza place in Chicago.

Turns out each slice was 700+ calories. Doh! :drinker:
  • PrincessTinyheart
    Options
    I was proud of myself for stopping at only three slices at my favorite pizza place in Chicago.

Pizza is one of my red light foods. That and donuts. I can't have them anywhere near me without facing a huge internal struggle.
  • dotzilla
    dotzilla Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i think they are like graham crackers....i think. not sure tho.
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I had the same reaction when I logged my beloved sour filled twizzlers. From what I remember it was 1000 calories a bag.
  • ichigomaybridge
    ichigomaybridge Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i think they are like graham crackers....i think. not sure tho.

Yep, Digestives and graham crackers are the same thing - i.e. what you would crush to make a cheesecake base.
  • AWorth10
    AWorth10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Amen, Pizza and donuts talk to me!! Can't even be in the same building without feeling an intense longing. I actually avoid certain parts of the grocery store so I don't have to look at or smell the fresh donuts :):noway:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    eh I can have 50g (5 cups) of cheese popcorn for the same amount of calories...I suspect you could eat a lot of those for 260 calories...

If you want them find room in your calorie allotement..I do for my cheese popcorn/chocolate bar without my macro's suffering.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

My favorite place here (Chicago) is Pequod's, and I haven't been able to find the calorie info, but that's what I'd guess. Sigh.

Lots of pizza is more reasonable, like thin crust, so pizza itself can be easily fit in, but not the best Chicago style. It's special occasion for sure.
  • mzlashes
    mzlashes Posts: 7
    Options
    I love jamaican food sooooo much but I have no idea what I can eat from these places NO calorie chart