Coffee !!

Options
I love my diet, but I love my coffee more. Since dieting I have decided to cut out the cream and sugar and only take it black. I'm actually getting used to it, and I still love it !

Have you had to change your coffee?
What's your favorite way to have it?

Replies

• weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I love my diet, but I love my coffee more. Since dieting I have decided to cut out the cream and sugar and only take it black. I'm actually getting used to it, and I still love it !

Have you had to change your coffee?
    What's your favorite way to have it?

I started drinking coffee black at the end of high school. It was a bit of an adjustment but I prefer it now. Sometimes I'll get a fancy latte or put some milk in my coffee but only if I'm in the mood.
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee too, I have a skinny cinammon latte on work days from Costa, 123 cals, and I dropped a sugar so I only have 1 lvl spoon instead of 2 heaped ones, accidentally swigged from my mates the other day we used to drink it the same and it was like sweet water, oh and I just have semi skimmed milk in mine at home.
  • fitsporation96
    Options
    Hello,

Coffee is my favourite drink, I have to say I like hazelnut and caramel coffee, normal coffee is quite bland, I also like cappuccinos but I have cut them out for my diet :smile:

Have a nice day
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I love coffee!!! I also drink it black mostly. But every now and then I'll get in the mood for some cream in it.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I love coffee, but I can't drink it back. :( So I just measure out my way-too-much cream and sugar, and log it, and just plan for it each day.
  • josparkle
    josparkle Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I like strong coffee but with milk in it - quite a lot. I use 1% milk and it comes out at 34cals for a large mug of instant or filter made my way.

When I'm out and about I might have a skinny latte but only from somewhere that makes decent coffee with taste, so many of the chains use coffee that is too mild or ends up tasting sweet. I like coffee that tastes of coffee.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Black coffee is :sick:

I drink my coffee the same way I always do, with cream and caramel. *shrug*:ohwell:
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Black & Strong is the only way to drink coffee
  • HobbitSithLord
    HobbitSithLord Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've been having a cup of coffee to start my day for my entire adult life and then some - no sugar, always been too much for me. 2 tbsp of liquid creamer. For me, those two tablespoons of creamer are worth figuring out a sacrifice somewhere else in the day. Sometimes I'll do 1 tbsp with a little bit of pumpkin pie spice.

I quit buying coffee at Dunkin/Starbucks/etc, though outside of iced with skim.
  • wynterly
    wynterly Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm trying to wean myself off of creamer so I can start drinking it black. It's tough but it's going!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    For years I have taken my coffee black, either hot or iced, but recently I've enjoyed putting a little cream and sometimes even a little sugar in it. Just depends on my mood.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    At school we have free coffee in the teacher's lounge. I usually take it with a dash of milk. That's about all that changed. At home I still use lower fat milk and make myself a fancy latte with sugar.

However, since moving to this really small city there are only two coffee shops. One has super slow service, the other is a McD's so I am not going out for coffee as much as I used to. That only means more coffee at home, though :P
  • jessherna25
    jessherna25 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have drank coffee with milk and sugar all my life, but ever since I started to eat healthy I moved on to coffee with a splash of almond milk and either vanilla extract or a lot of ground cinnamon, no need for the extra sugar and it tastes wonderful!

Also, using scented coffee to make your coffee every morning helps for those who are struggling with getting over creamers or flavored syrups!!
    My favorite is Folger's Caramel Drizzle! YUM!
  • courtney123180
    courtney123180 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have to have cream/flavoring and sugar in mine. I love the smell of coffee when its brewing, but I can't stand it just black. I worked at Starbucks and we were required to go through 'coffee school' and try it prepared by many different methods and pairing it with different foods. I never could stand it just black--however I would love to learn to wean myself off of as much sugar and flavored cream since I put an insane amount in it. Favorites are : Hazelnut and Cinnabon :) It's the same issue I have with tea, it just tastes too bland and I end up putting a ton of sugar in it(so I may as well drink pop anyway ugh). :ohwell:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I mostly drink mine black out of the French press. I do enjoy it with cream and sugar on occasion, but that's mostly when I get a bag that doesn't taste right.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Black coffee is amazing, though I have only started drinking it within the past few months.

Previously, I used a ton of cream (the coffee would become coffee-flavored milk with all the cream I used), but I have given it up when I noticed how much insulin I would need to take for so little coffee creamer.

If I am in the mood, I might get a cappuccino, a black cafe Americano, or an iced coffee with a tiny bit of milk and splenda.
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I drink two espressos every morning, never bothered to log them (it's about 12 cals a cup, I like to think that I can have 24 calories everyday that I am not accountable of).

Sometimes, if I feel fancy, I will make my self a espresso macchiato (with a dollop of foamed milk) or a big cappucino. I log the last one because of all the good nutrients in the milk.

I've never put sugar in my coffee though. I find this unbearable. Nice coffee? Please, don't spoil it with sugar.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee too! I have always drank black coffee, so I didn't have to make any changes.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I still have around 10-12 cups a day, like always, but its now with skimmed milk and Half Spoon sugar, which tastes the same anyway :)
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I have drank coffee with milk and sugar all my life, but ever since I started to eat healthy I moved on to coffee with a splash of almond milk and either vanilla extract or a lot of ground cinnamon, no need for the extra sugar and it tastes wonderful!

Also, using scented coffee to make your coffee every morning helps for those who are struggling with getting over creamers or flavored syrups!!
    My favorite is Folger's Caramel Drizzle! YUM!

Yes! I love the New Mexico Pinon coffee from Trader Joe's. It's just a little bit flavored, so delicious. If I have regular coffee I'll sprinkle a little ground cinnamon in with the grounds.

I mostly drink mine black and weak. And often. Thinking of trying to cut down a bit but... I can't drink alcohol and I don't smoke anything, coffee is my one vice.