X-Men: Days of Future Past...........who's seen it?

Options
13»

Replies

• cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I liked it my only question was they did not explain how Professor X came back after being killed (obliterated) by the Phoenix.

Ive read and had it explained to me by people who have read the comics, that at the end of X3 you see someone in a hospital bed and Patrick stuart voice over it. Somewhere the explain that my people mind can be transfered to brain dead people, people theorise that the person in the hospital bed was Prof X identical twin brother.

Probs not done a good job of expalining it.

Back to OP

Ive seen it twice in the cinema and for me its the second best comic book film every behind The Dark Knight and in front of Avengers, I can't find a single fault everything was perfectly done, everyone was used just the right amount, with the amound of characters you could have ended up with a mess like Amazing spiderman 2. This is how you have a large cast and not make it feel overcrowded and everyone has their screen time and a part to play.

Oh and that end credit scene EPIC!!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Love it.

Love Wolverine.

So sexy.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Saw it, loved it.

I was an extra in Winter Soldier, so I was sure I'd be biased toward it above all the others, but X-Men was the best bar none! I walked out of that theater smiling, and that's not something I really do.
  • the_great_beyond_
    the_great_beyond_ Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I really didnt like Captain America (besides Falcon) and Spiderman

I hope this will be better
  • JAsbabe2131
    JAsbabe2131 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I saw it yesterday. It definitely lived up to its hype this time :love:
    I do wish I would've seen it in 3D now though simply because there is one scene (the fast guy in the kitchen ) that would've been pretty cool to watch in 3D but overall good storyline and awesome special effects. :bigsmile:
    That's Quicksilver (son of Magneto) and that was one of the most awesome scenes in ANY movie. And yes I saw it in 3D!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Okay so in the comics Quicksilver is Magneto's son, but...can somebody explain the timeline????
    -Wolverine goes back to the 70's finds Quicksilver *in the 70's* and takes him to break out his 20-something year old Dad???

p.s. Hugh Jackman get better with age! :love:
  • Sinful_moon
    Sinful_moon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Marvel is amazing, I can't get enough of the comics and movies lately!
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I liked it, not as much as First Class though. And so far hands down Captain America: Winter Soldier is the best movie out so far this year. I adored it, maybe more than Thor 2 and Avengers.

DOFP annoyed me with some things. Like Azazel. Does it mean there's no Nightcrawler in the current time line then? Killing off one of his parents. And how on earth did humans kill him in the first place? Gah
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    It was nice to see them fix the universe they fked up so much after X2. A great way to make things better without necessarily rebooting it. My man Peter D and his Sentinels did not disappoint. I'm happy with it and now I have hope for the future movies. Bryan Singer knows what he's doing when it comes to the X-Men. Now hopefully we can see some of Rogue (the real rogue and not anna paquin Rogue in the future movies).
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I saw it yesterday. It definitely lived up to its hype this time :love:
    I do wish I would've seen it in 3D now though simply because there is one scene (the fast guy in the kitchen ) that would've been pretty cool to watch in 3D but overall good storyline and awesome special effects. :bigsmile:
    That's Quicksilver (son of Magneto) and that was one of the most awesome scenes in ANY movie. And yes I saw it in 3D!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Okay so in the comics Quicksilver is Magneto's son, but...can somebody explain the timeline????
    -Wolverine goes back to the 70's finds Quicksilver *in the 70's* and takes him to break out his 20-something year old Dad???

p.s. Hugh Jackman get better with age! :love:

Hadn't really thought about that, first class was set I think in 1964 so one would asume Magneto was in his 20s then and this is set in the 70s so could easily be early/mid 30s. Now we don't know what age this quicksilver is or I may have missed it and as often happen in 'merica you use older actor/actresses to play characters much younger than they look. So if quicksilver is let say 16 then it may just fit.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    But then they couldn't feature Jennifer Lawrence, who is much bigger than Anna Paquin now (at least on film.) Plus Rouge wasn't born yet in 1973.

*Sentinals :drinker: :smile:

*Rogue :drinker: :smile:

And the last Twilight. I mean Edward in 3D....YUM.
    :noway:

I liked it, just because they finally fixed the f up that was Rattner. And Quicksilver was worth the ticket.
  • wildrose53
    wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I saw it this afternoon. It's actually one of the better movies I've seen in awhile.