Cheating on your diet in your sleep

Options
2»

Replies

• LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    freud would love this thread

I think Freud would refer to this dream as an "infantile" one, as both the manifest and latent content are exactly the same: the fear of completely destroying my hard work with enormous amounts of bacon cheeseburgers and frosty mugs.

Yep, and it's all about oral gratification, too. :)

Most of my odd dreams are about finding money, since I'm always anxious about paying my bills. Not too long ago, though, I dreamed about eating as much prime rib with mushrooms and potato as I could manage, along with creme brulee and chocolate lava cake--I've definitely been wanting all of the above!
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I dreamt not too long ago that I was lost in a forest and that rabid bears and moose were running after me, trying to eat me. I had to spend a couple of days running for my life and the only food I had were army-like rations of mashed potatoes. Throughout the entire dream I was so mad that I couldn't eat veggies and that the calorie/carb intake was going to add up too quickly.

Never mind being eaten alive! Haha.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    People dream of having sex with others (so called married people who NEVER cheat do too I'm sure), so I don't find this and odd dream.
    When I quit smoking 10 years ago cold turkey, for about 2 months I dreamed of smoking.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I had a dream I was having sex with a cheeseburger.

Please advise.
    That wasn't a dream.

And it wasn't a cheeseburger.........

lol
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Oooh, a few nights ago I dreamt I ate a half a package of oreos. I'm still bitter at myself for not eating the whole thing
  • pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    People dream of having sex with others (so called married people who NEVER cheat do too I'm sure), so I don't find this and odd dream.
    When I quit smoking 10 years ago cold turkey, for about 2 months I dreamed of smoking.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I quit smoking about 75 days ago (oh, not that I'm keeping track...), went on the patch for 1 week, cold turkey ever since. The smoking dreams are a weekly occurrence. If I had to choose between an entire pizza or a cigarette right now, with no health consequences - you bet your *kitten* I'd take the cigarette! :tongue:
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I have cheat dreams. I'm fine with this. I've had them all my life. If it keeps me from stuffing down the actual items I'm more than fine with it!