Just hit 300lbs. Can't keep doing this to myself.

Options

Replies

• mistiblake08
    mistiblake08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Please feel free to add me if you'd like. I have steadily lost 1-2 pounds a week and would be glad to help you out.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I was about where you are 347 days ago. Now, I weigh 186. You can do it and it's worth the struggle. Just don't ever give up!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Yes! Here you go! :)

My unsolicited advice: read those links, and don't be so hard on yourself. Love yourself right now:)
  • Beachtreasures
    Beachtreasures Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Your sister is right, this is a fantastic site! Make sure you log absolutely everything -- if you don't you are only cheating yourself! We are all here to live healthier lives and have common goals! I wish you the very best of luck on your journey to a healthier you! You can do it!!!!
  • maryann9wood
    maryann9wood Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 as well. Started at 254 pounds. I am currently defined as a "gym rat". Friend me. - Mary Ann
  • purple180
    purple180 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You can do IT! Best wishes. :-)
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My sister and I used mfp together. She 59 y/o lost 90 lbs to goal and maintained for more than one year. Me 61 lost 125 lbs still 40 plus to go. My sister is the reason I started this journey. You both will do this. Anticipating your success story. Today is your day!:drinker:
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    God Bless you, Sherry!

Sometimes, we have to reach a point where we are forced to make a consistent change and there is nothing wrong with that!

There are some fantastic groups for larger women and men on MFP that are very supportive and helpful - I hope that you have all the support that you need on your new weight-loss journey!

Good Luck!

Kaela x
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    So proud of you for making the first step! You can do this!
  • jcortrightreeping
    jcortrightreeping Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherry! My name is Jen, I am 44 years old, 236lbs. and just starting on here today as well. I know exactly how you feel. I would love to cheer each other on! Feel free to add me!
  • JessicaWhosit
    Options
    I completely understand where you're coming from. I was 180...then in a year I spiked to 250 without even noticing it :(

I'm working on the C25K running program right now and am on a 1300 calorie/day diet. I'd love to be friends with you :)
  • ReginaKeat
    ReginaKeat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It's never too late to start. One day I was sitting on the couch and had to think hard if it was worth it to get up.
    I knew that I had to do something or I would not be getting up one day "Soon"
    I talked to my doctor about Weight loss surgery and started a long road to get back in the human race.
    I have been using this site to monitor my eating and have lost over 50 lbs already (Since approx Oct 2013)
    I am still scheduled for surgery in another 4-6 months. I am trying to do as much as possible on my own prior to this.
    Once you make the commitment make sure you stay with it. You will soon start to see more energy to do what you gave up doing in the past. This may be simple things you are not even aware of such as cleaning, yard work etc.
    I am now constantly keeping busy with things I passed off previously. I can not wait until I loose another 100 lbs.
    The alternative gaining more weight should be your motivating factor. Even if you do not have someone close to help you this community will help over your speed bumps. Good luck
    If you have any questions please let me know.
  • Cycle4Life99
    Options
    Hi. I'm Sherry. I just hit 300 lbs. I have gained 100 lbs in the last 2 years alone. I can't keep doing this to myself. I will be 50 this year and I act more like a 90 year old. I am embarassed of myself, embarrassed for my kids, and I want a change. I need a change. I HAVE to change!!

Today my journey begins. This weight took a long time to get here so I know it will take a long time to come off.

My sister uses this app and has been doing fantastic. That's what brought me here.

I look forward to having your love & support and hope that I can do that for you, too.

Here I go!!

This journey will take one step at a time. Don't worry about the past and don't even thinking about it. Today is the beginning of the new you. We're here to enjoy the ride with you. Instead of thinking about the journey as deprivation, think of it as new roads to explore!
  • PartyKardy
    PartyKardy Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    "I am embarassed of myself, embarrassed for my kids"

The best first step you can do for yourself and your weight loss is to banish those sorts of thoughts! How about instead "I love myself and my kids love me so I want to change" that may seem trivial but your mind will play as much a role as your diet and exercise will!

Good luck! You can do it but first you have to know you can do it :)
  • dcshellz
    dcshellz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am facebook spoiled, there needs to be a like or amen button.

All the comments are dead on. The first step is over, now finding the balance. I am about 2 weeks in myself. the scale has not moved, but I know it is only temporary. But what is changing, is the vigor with what I am doing day to day. The little things do count. I purchased a fitbit which also has given me a deeper truth. by actually seeing the numbers, change and increase, has given me even more motivation. When I thought or believed I was average in activity, I learned that I was not and now make an effort to be more. Find whatever works for you.

Good luck on your journey and as one said this is the last day you are 300.
  • graci0221
    graci0221 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It will take awhile to lose it, but if you're patient and make healthy choices, it will happen!! Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • lovespirit1111
    Options
    You can do this! Really you can!
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
  • sws4420
    sws4420 Posts: 5
    Options
    I came here for the exact same reason, just before 300 pounds. I wish you the best of luck and hope to be right there with you.
  • beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Happy to cheer you on-- this is a great place to start a new chapter in your fitness life.