OMG, I'm OVER my calories (epic rant coming up)

Options
13»

Replies

• CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Great post! Another site gives you credit for being within 50 calories of the goal--more sensible. It worries me that those who habitually eat too little are encouraged to do so by this strange color coding.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    How about when "complete" your diary for the day and it posts in your friends' news feed? Don't you feel better when it says you were under for the day? It's congratulating you for being under!
  • fatcity66
    Options
    Mine has been red so often lately the green startles me now. :blushing:

LMAO! Youre too funny :laugh:

haha! Good for you!
  • karinafavh
    karinafavh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, this (site) system only "punish" the people who wants to lose weight. Like I'm trying to lose weight weight and sometimes I get the RED (that I have to say, it's sad!) BUT, my husband is trying to gain weight and he did never eat the amount of calories that he is supposed to.. but it is always green for him!!! He is never "punished" with this kind of alert.

Besides, what some of you guys already said, they should make some kind of alert when people didn't eat a minimal necessary (even for the ones that are trying to lose weight).

These are really important things we should ask 'myfitnesspal' to improve.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Is this for real??????????
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the red at all especially since sometimes I pre log what I plan on eating. It's like it's saying "your big butt needs to stop now while you're ahead", or "nah, try again" lol.

+1
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gain at the moment, so after setting a goal of adding 0.5lbs a week then the bar should be red if I'm UNDER my calories, as being under is not beneficial to my goals.

Agreed. MFP should absolutely fix this. If they offer the goal of gaining weight in the options, then they should absolutely offer the correct representation of that goal.
  • fatcity66
    Options
    Some days I eat under, some I eat over. I'm more worried about my weekly average. Cheat days are supposed to be good for weight loss, anyway.
  • KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Gosh, you all should see mine for yesterday. First time since I started this ride. I got my lady friend yesterday but didn't realize it was coming till like 6 pm, when it came, but i was just famished and ate everything in site, so according to my logging I went 1300 calories over yesterday. I feel i cannot eat for 2 days now reading that huge 1300 in red, although that is what we ask MFP to do, monitor our calories, and I slipped, not MFP. After my lady friend came, I smacked myself in head and was like this is why I'm eating like a pig.

I don't know what I will do for next 2 days, but still have lady friend and am starving, so I will have to eat something, just not sure what yet. Might be a shake day. We shall see. And a sleep all day day.
  • KayJaMikel
    Options
    My sugar number is over goal and BRIGHT RED every day, to the point I am thinking of turning Sugar Tracking off.
  • epadmeister
    epadmeister Posts: 102 Member
    Options

Sorry, is something wrong? Did you not understand the point of this thread? My message is, DON'T WORRY ABOUT BEING IN THE RED. It's amazing that people think I actually got upset over being four calories over :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    At least 99% of those who've contributed actually understand what I mean. If you don't, please feel free to message me in private and I will explain exactly what I meant.

I myself thought it was pretty self explanatory, mind you. .. what am I missing? :huh:
  • KayJaMikel
    Options

Sorry, is something wrong? Did you not understand the point of this thread? My message is, DON'T WORRY ABOUT BEING IN THE RED. It's amazing that people think I actually got upset over being four calories over :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    At least 99% of those who've contributed actually understand what I mean. If you don't, please feel free to message me in private and I will explain exactly what I meant.

I myself thought it was pretty self explanatory, mind you. .. what am I missing? :huh:

I knew you were not upset over the 4 calories, but the glaring red number is the issues. I sort of agree, but it is what it is on this site. I cannot find another that has the database anywhere near to this site's database on an other weight loss site.
  • gmcoulombe
    gmcoulombe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Agreed! The red numbers became so annoying that I now just do maintenance and make sure I log under maintenance calories.
  • epadmeister
    Options
    I cannot find another that has the database anywhere near to this site's database on an other weight loss site.

KayJaMikel, you're right... I'm so grateful there's a website like MFP and please don't get me wrong, I LOVE it. I wouldn't have been able so stay so motivated without it :) I guess it's just the colour red that peeves me haha... I'm kind of like a Spanish bull!
  • epadmeister
    Options
    Oh my Lord, reading the "Sorry, is something wrong?" post I posted earlier, it comes across as being really sh***y, I'm really sorry about that :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: had NO intentions of it coming out as stroppy. I appreciate 100% of everyone's input on any thread. Thanks everyone :smile:
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the background of the bar should always say "Emma, you are most assuredly awesome!"

But.. what about the Amandas?

Word!
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    For once I'm glad to be colorblind.
  • bonniebrastile
    bonniebrastile Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i don't understand why everyone is freaking out about the way things work & the red line, the green line who cares just do your best to your ability. Do what u can. I don't pay attention to that stuff I lost 8 of my 22 pounds am I freaking cause I haven't lost 10? NO Some of these people are skinny as a toothpick & just blabbing about everything stupid. Sorry I speak my mind & when I have something to say I will. Just wait until you are 55 had a complete Hysterectomy, and 3 major surgeries, have Lung problems, and so on & so on honey you haven't seen anything yet. Believe me you won't be complaining about a green and red line.