June Running Challange

Options
Stoshew71
Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
Hi everyone. This is a continuation from the May Running Challange.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1268744-may-running-challange

Anyone can join in. New & Old. Here the details from last month that applies here again.

Anybody want to join me for a running challenge? Set a goal here and mark it every day here. You can post your progress by creating a ticker at http://www.tickerfactory.com

You can run, walk, or do treadmill. Just be consistent. I am setting a goal for 150 miles. Don't let that worry you. Some can do 25, 50; whatever you like. We can help motivate each other. What do you say? if you are new to running, set a low goal.

You can set your goal now but wait until June 1 to log your runs.

Info on tickers since I know there will be questions. Sign up for an account http://www.tickerfactory.com and create your ticker.
Then you need to update it after you do a run and post it here. Here is what you will need to do.

If you go into your ticker page, I think the link is:

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=8 << may be slightly different

Then you go to your settings page. Make sure you type your pin in that you set when you created your ticker account.
Then where it says "Your current cumlative value, there is an add button. Just add what you just did and the cumlative value automatically changes. Then hit next.

Now after you added your new miles (or km's) to your ticker you need to post it here.

After you hit next, it will give you a bunch of codes suggesting on how to display your ticker.
Use the one at the bottom where it says Direct Image URL:

It will look something like:
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png

To display that correctly in your post, make sure you place the img tags around that link. So it will look, (removing the spaces in the img tags):

[ img ] http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png [ /img ]

^^^^^^^ Don't forget to remove the spaces between the brackets. ^^^^^^^^^^

So it will look like this after you post:

exercise.png

Some key things to pay attention to when posting your ticker.

1: Use the link that ends in .png
2. Remember the [ img] and [ /img] tags go in between the link
3. remove the spaces in the img tags before posting
4. YES, there is a / in the second /img tag

Also, don't forget to join our group.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/21182-monthly-running-challange

There you find lots of good info, and it's a place where everyone can talk to each other for further motivation. It's also a place to find help when there is a problem with this thread.

Good luck! And happy running (or walking or treadmilling, ect). If you have any trouble or have questions, please feel free to PM me.

Replies

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    May was a disaster for me but May is over!

June's goal is 40 miles running and 60 miles on the bike. My own version of a century!

Happy Running Everyone!

exercise.png
  • BlushingBride515
    BlushingBride515 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to train for a 10K in September... it's not super close, I realize but I'm a new-ish runner, so I'll say 25 miles running in June

exercise.png
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I got derailed in May in part due to a knee injury, and I'm not yet sure how much this is going to affect me in June, so it's hard to pick a goal. Assuming I will be able to start running again next week I'll go with 50 miles, but I may adjust it.
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    In! Goal is 80 miles. A bit less than previous months but want to give myself some flexibility now that marathon training is over. I have a HM in August to keep me motivated though!! :) Also, my in-laws will be visiting for 3 weeks in June, which could mean less time to run, or extra running for stress relief!! We'll see how it goes! But 80 miles should work either way.

Wish everyone the best of luck with their goals! Happy running!!

Ticker to come!
  • warriorsal
    warriorsal Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    40 miles for me:~)
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Mala (Runner475) - 115 Miles
  • stickersticker
    stickersticker Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    150KM goal
  • moxiept
    moxiept Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    50 for me!:smile:
  • nh38318
    nh38318 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I missed my May target by around 5 miles due to an unexpected holiday over the bank holiday weekend so am going to add them onto June target.

My new target is 65 miles for June.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Okay so I'm finishing May probably 21 miles above target. I just sat down and planned out June, I've got 126 on the schedule, but i'm going to set my target at 110. I am starting to build up the miles, but i'm often forced to cancel runs because of my crazy schedule.
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I ran about 30 miles in May... but I'm going on vacation in June for 10 days. While I will still be getting exercise on the vacation (lots of walking / hiking with the family), my running mileage is going to suffer a bit. I think it will be reasonably challenging to get 15 miles in for June, so that's where I'll set the challenge goal. I may not make it, but it will inspire me to get in some miles, even though the month is going to be crazy.
  • sky15425
    sky15425 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Missed my goal by 3.6 miles not bad considering I was sick for 8 days.

June Goal- 75 miles again :)
  • sohlsister43
    Options
    This is my first challange. I am going to run at least 5 miles a week in june. I am not a runner so I would like to be able to run a mile a day for 5 days, each week in June. I will supplement that with two miles of walking a day so that I will do a total of three miles per day. Thanks for the opportunity and motivation to help me do this.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Bumping for myself so that I can consider how many miles I might be able to get in in June with work trips, etc. Will post later today...
  • TheDarkestStar87
    TheDarkestStar87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Been ill for the last 2 weeks an couldn't really run so I'm aching to go for a jog now. I'll aim for 50 miles.
  • Carbphrek
    Carbphrek Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm in. First time doing a MFP challenge.

exercise.png
  • eletsa
    eletsa Posts: 9
    Options
    Im in.
    80 Km for me
    exercise.png
  • CynNSinCity
    CynNSinCity Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in... I just started the C25K and have a 5K scheduled for September. So I'll go with 25 miles for this month (most of that is the C25K, but I do additional walk/jog on the treadmill).

I almost want June to start, but I don't want to give up my Saturday that easily for a Sunday yet!
  • mom2chrisandnadia
    mom2chrisandnadia Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My goal is 50 miles for the month. I have really been slacking lately and need to get back on track.

exercise.png