June Iron Man Challenge

Options
Capt_Apollo
Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
i was wondering if anyone out there would like to join me in a challenge to swim, bike, and run the combined distances of an Iron Man race over the month of June?

That is in total 2.4-mile (3.86 km) swimming, 112-mile (180.25 km) cycling and a 26.2 miles (42.2 km) of running.

for those that are interested, just post up as often as you'd like to update your tally. i keep track of my milage on google calendars, so i'll be posting once a week.

distances covered indoors or outdoors, or on during a race, count.

Replies

• Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the Biking and Running but swimming will be difficult!
  • running4thehigh
    running4thehigh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!

Swimming WILL be difficult. But that's why it's a challenge. I'm down ;D
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

it's about 4200 yards. that means just one 1050 yard swim a week.
  • Escloflowne
    Options
    I just added this goal to my runkeeper account starting June 1st and ending on June 30th!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    I just added this goal to my runkeeper account starting June 1st and ending on June 30th!

i might have to revist runkeeper. i started using strava, but i don't like it that much.
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm in, will push me to get my swimming and running in.
  • Escloflowne
    Options

i might have to revist runkeeper. i started using strava, but i don't like it that much.

I was thinking about using Strava because my GPS triathlon watch auto syncs to it but I prefer Runkeeper, I can upload my maps and HR info pretty easily.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    In, minus the cardio bits.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

I was thinking about using Strava because my GPS triathlon watch auto syncs to it but I prefer Runkeeper, I can upload my maps and HR info pretty easily.

is it a garmin?
  • Escloflowne
    Options

is it a garmin?

Suunto Ambit2
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    gotcha. i never use the garmin site, but i poked around in it today, and managed to figure out how to set up this challenge in there.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Are you going to continue this challenge for the next few months?
    I used to join in the old one but haven't seen this one around lately. I unfortunately won't be able to particpate this month or next but hoping to get back into in in August.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    Are you going to continue this challenge for the next few months?

maybe. let's see how june goes.
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm up for this. Already do the running and cycling but this will make me go to the pool as I have a 1 mile swim coming up in July.

I have a Garmin, how did you set the challenge up on GC.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    I'm up for this. Already do the running and cycling but this will make me go to the pool as I have a 1 mile swim coming up in July.

you should see on the dashboard page a tab that says "plan." hover over it with your mouse and it should have a drop down menu that says "goals."
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    WEll I have wanted to start swimming some. I am in. I know the running will be easy. Bike I can do. Swimming will be a challenge.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    bump!!
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I'll join with good intentions knowing full well me and water do not belong together....unless there is a raft and a cold beer.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options

it's about 4200 yards. that means just one 1050 yard swim a week.

If you break it down that way.......I can manage a couple of 500m+ swims per week (bike & run no problem, I'm just lazy when it comes to the swimming)
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options

you should see on the dashboard page a tab that says "plan." hover over it with your mouse and it should have a drop down menu that says "goals."

Thanks, all set-up. Looking forward to this challenge