June Iron Man Challenge

Options

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I'm up for this. Already do the running and cycling but this will make me go to the pool as I have a 1 mile swim coming up in July.

I have a Garmin, how did you set the challenge up on GC.

you should see on the dashboard page a tab that says "plan." hover over it with your mouse and it should have a drop down menu that says "goals."

Thanks, all set-up. Looking forward to this challenge

make sure to sync it to your watch!!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I've been running and biking, and was just thinking that I needed to incorporate swimming in June. This will be a good motivator.
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    maybe you guys should just pull the 102 week plan off of BT and train together and do a 140.6

It's RPE / time training, but progresses slowly and a great program

you can do it!

Ironman is forever!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    maybe you guys should just pull the 102 week plan off of BT and train together and do a 140.6

It's RPE / time training, but progresses slowly and a great program

you can do it!

Ironman is forever!

okay, thanks.
  • itodd4019
    Options
    haha, sorry, I was just trying to be encouraging

I'll get the bike and the run in easy

AND- I will tie myself off in the pool and pull the rope for 2 hours (to cover the swim portion) <--- this will be an add on for me. I have not swam in some time. Good challenge for me.

hmnmm now where are all those goggles again :)

Count me in.

Do we log it in this thread throughout next month? Or is it gunna show in our friends thing?
  • itodd4019
    Options
    Actually I will do some openwater too.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    haha, sorry, I was just trying to be encouraging

I'll get the bike and the run in easy

AND- I will tie myself off in the pool and pull the rope for 2 hours (to cover the swim portion) <--- this will be an add on for me. I have not swam in some time. Good challenge for me.

hmnmm now where are all those goggles again :)

Count me in.

Do we log it in this thread throughout next month? Or is it gunna show in our friends thing?

i'm fully aware of the program you mentioned. just, this isn't a challenge to do a months worth of iron man training. it's a challenge to get the milage of an Iron Man. it's perfectly suited for people like myself that are doing sprint's and olympic distance races.

i want to triathlon for life. i might just ever do one or two 140.6 distance tri's. they're a hard race to train for, and i just don't have the time in my life for it in the foreseeable future.

i'll be getting the yardage in the pool for me will be a piece of cake. it's the running and the cycling i have to be a little more mindful of.
  • itodd4019
    Options
    I don't plan to ever do another Ironman

so, totaly cool, I want to do the June challenge with you guys. How do we log and all that? Where do we report to motivateand encourage each other?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    I don't plan to ever do another Ironman

so, totaly cool, I want to do the June challenge with you guys. How do we log and all that? Where do we report to motivateand encourage each other?

just post up your tally here in the thread. if i am so inclined, i might make a group, however in my experience, the groups here tend to be forgotten about.

post weekly or daily if you'd like. quote yourself if you want to make addition a little easier.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    wow great challenge. i'm not sure where i'd swim tho, have no bike, and i'm a chicken **** lol
  • itodd4019
    Options
    I hear ya, I have already tried joining a few groups, but the activity and posting commitment is pretty thin

also sent you friend request and we can see each others daily activity

I am ultimately training for a 100 mile ultra run.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    Tomorrow is day one! i'll be on nights all weekend, so enjoy your head start on me!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    Tomorrow is day one! i'll be on nights all weekend, so enjoy your head start on me!!

lol, whoops. thought may had thirty days for a second, lol.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did one at my Y. They called it the Lazy Iron Man challenge. The run and swim part is easy for me. It's the cycling that's a challenge for me.
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I wasn't sure if I could do it, but I added up my workouts for the last week and came up with: 2450 meters swimming, 60 mi. on the bike, and 6.1 mi. running.
    Jiminy Christmas, those numbers add up fast!
  • nucgirl13
    nucgirl13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first triathlon in July, so this couldn't have come at a better time for me. Count me in!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    June 1st
    Run: 4.6 miles
    Swim 0.0
    Bike 0.0
  • itodd4019
    Options
    June 1st = 31 miles bike
  • GenoPrice