Do you think...

Options

Replies

• abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I might check out the book "Thin Tastes Better" tonight at the library. I love reading nutritional or motivational things, because it keeps me on track!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Uh - Pepper, that's why I said Lifestyle CHANGE. But, it still has to be doable - as you pointed out. Eating a 12" sub without cheese and one that is healthy 2 times a week is not "unhealthy" or something that is going to hold anyone back. Now, if she's eating the "Feast" sub - 12" two times a week. loaded, it would be a problem. But a veggie or a turkey or ham/turkey would not. Really - a 6" turkey breast with veggies on wheat with no cheese is 280 calories. So a 12" is 540 calories. Still reasonable for only 2 times a week. Definately can be worked into most calorie allowances.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    So um *burp* how is the weather over there? *swallows last bite*

:blushing:
  • MontanaGirl
    Options
    So um *burp* how is the weather over there? *swallows last bite*

:blushing:

LOL - you rock Lina!! Hope you enjoyed it :love:
  • lina1131
    Options
    If I don't see a loss tomorrow morning, i'm cutting back to 6 inches. :sick:

I did a KICKASS workout today and burned a lot of calories, so I need to consume the calories somehow and I don't like eating a lot at night.
  • MontanaGirl
    Options
    Yeah - drink lots of water too for the extra sodium. Just idle curiousity - what kind of sub do you usually get?
  • lina1131
    Options
    I get a 12" Turkey on wheat. No Cheese! Add, Tomatoes, Onions, and Black Olives and a dash of Vinager and Oil.
  • MontanaGirl
    Options
    The turkey is my fav also. I usually do get cheese though. That's why I only get 6" and only about 1 time a week. Have to have southwest sauce too. Obviously eat this on a workout day! :laugh: Still, works out to about 400 calories - their southwest sauce isn't too bad and I tell them to go light! I usually don't have olives though - all the other veggies except jalapenos. :tongue: YUMMM.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I just want to add that Weight Loss Plateaus are about how you exercise AND how you eat (Pepper). If you google "How to break a weight loss plateau" almost every article tells you to change up exercise AND eating habits. Just FYI... Pepper. :happy:
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    I just want to add that Weight Loss Plateaus are about how you exercise AND how you eat (Pepper). If you google "How to break a weight loss plateau" almost every article tells you to change up exercise AND eating habits. Just FYI... Pepper. :happy:

This comment was NOT directed to Lina. :bigsmile:
  • lina1131
    Options

This comment was NOT directed to Lina. :bigsmile:

:laugh: Are you sure, because I was a little confused there. :laugh:

I think Pepper makes a good point, though. I mean, I do have to make some changes if i'm in a plateau. My thing though is that I have lost 25 pounds eating footlongs. I just don't know if I can continue eating footlongs. Like I said, if I don't lose, I will have to cut it out. And, I don't eat it twice a week every week. There are weeks I dont' have it at all, some I have it once and some twice. I love Subway, can you tell?
  • lina1131
    Options
    P.S. can you imagine the damage I do on my cheat day? :laugh: Something is working though, I have lost weight!
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    Don't get me wrong I totally agree with Pepper that in order to get out of a weight loss plateau that you MUST change up your exercise routine, but I disagree that Pepper said that a plateau has nothing to do with what you eat. That was the only point I was trying to make...

Lina, I think you are right that you will probably have to eventually change up the two footlongs a week in order to continue good weight loss. But I also think that you are doing very well - a pound give or take a week is excellent! Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    I'm right there with you on the Subway thing... I LOVE THAT PLACE!!! So yummy! I'm sure you will do what you need to when the time comes. You are doing great so far! 25 lbs is so awesome!!! :bigsmile:
  • MontanaGirl
    Options
    You're doing awesome Lina - remember that sometimes a "plateau" for a couple of weeks is just our body adjusting to it's new settings - re-adjusting hormone levels, etc. Sometimes our bodies have to take a little time to "reset" especially after significant weight loss. Even if you are the same for a couple of weeks, I wouldn't worry about it. 3 - 4 weeks - then change something up. But there are several ways to do that and I don't think you will have to give up your subs!! You can do this, girl!!
  • lina1131
    Options
    Thanks girls. I will let you guys know how things are going!
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Really - a 6" turkey breast with veggies on wheat with no cheese is 280 calories. So a 12" is 540 calories. Still reasonable for only 2 times a week. Definately can be worked into most calorie allowances.

So a 12" is 560 calories. Unless the 2nd half has 20 fewer than the first.

In which case, I'll have just the second half, thank you.
  • MontanaGirl
    Options
    Really - a 6" turkey breast with veggies on wheat with no cheese is 280 calories. So a 12" is 540 calories. Still reasonable for only 2 times a week. Definately can be worked into most calorie allowances.

So a 12" is 560 calories. Unless the 2nd half has 20 fewer than the first.

In which case, I'll have just the second half, thank you.

Oops, sorry. My math function in my brain malfunctioned and I missed 20 GREAT BIG calories. LOL.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    buy the footlong, and save half for another meal. That way you get 4 meals for ten bucks that are healthy cant beat it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lina1131
    Options
    No loss today. No footlong for a long time. :grumble: