uh just venting!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I have had 4 bags of "fun size" candy bars in my pantry for a couple weeks. I know they are there, I haven't touched them. Snickers, Milky Way, 3 Musketeers and Twix. I love them all. I just don't want one. Now I know that if I had bought Reeses I would have had a problem!! So I didn't get them.

It is our turn to host Thanksgiving. My house, food gets cooked my way. They just won't know what I am doing to it... Others will be bringing salads and rolls, so no big deal there. I will have the traditional spead of turkey, dressing, potatoes, yams, gravy, and a green vegie. There will also be snack trays of vegies, pickles, olives, and fruit. I will also make at least 3 different kinds of fudge (PB, milk choc w/walnuts, and dark choc), and probably a couple different kinds of cookies. I will be ordering a sugar free pie from a local bakery that is soooo good you want to scarf down the whole thing. There will be plenty for me to choose from to eat healthy, and get in a bit of desert too.

Christmas will be in Florida with my boyfriends family. Trust me, there will be NO PROBLEM eatting smaller portions there! :ohwell: Uh, might not want to eat at all unless the aunt is the cook.

The holidays are about friends and family. We have the gatherings to catch up with people and to visit with people, and to give thanks for what we have and who we have. Enjoy the time.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I'm with the majority. Enjoy your traditions. Eat until you are satisfied not overly full and uncomfortable.

Karen
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yep, I agree with everyone. Small portions of things you love. Maybe one cookie instead of 10?? LOL. I know it is hard. Did you think of asking your mom to make the gumbo a little healthier? Or just get her to have some healthier things for you to eat with everything else? You should be fine and not sweat it. I'm sure you will be very conscious of what you are eating but just hop back on the wagon after each holiday. Good luck to us all!!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Yep, I agree with everyone. Small portions of things you love. Maybe one cookie instead of 10?? LOL. I know it is hard. Did you think of asking your mom to make the gumbo a little healthier? Or just get her to have some healthier things for you to eat with everything else? You should be fine and not sweat it. I'm sure you will be very conscious of what you are eating but just hop back on the wagon after each holiday. Good luck to us all!!

Sweetie this is NEW ORLEANS there is no such thing as a healthier gumbo!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • chica45
    Options
    I say just allow yourself to eat on Thanksgiving day and Christmas day. That way you won't feel left out. Who does'nt want to eat gumbo? Just eat less than you normally do...or not. Hope back on the wagon the next day. One day won't kill you. I actually read recently that you should take one day off a week and eat like a non dieter not a binge eater. This technique speeds up your metabolism and you don't feel deprived. It is working for me.
  • lashell617
    Options
    I saw this post and I am 100% worried, last year I packed on 15 pounds after Thanksgiving and X-mas. I always do well over the summer months and it's the winter months that hurt my weight the most. :sad: :sad: This year I have a plan (read that having a plan will help keep you on track). One of the suggestions was to drink 2 glasses of water before eating, another was to NOT pack up to-go containers (which is hard cause my momma can throw down :tongue: and she always packs food up for me:ohwell: ), and lastly, there was the don't indulge unless it's worth it. I am going to follow this plan to a tee. I always "sample" every dessert :embarassed: that is offered but I now realize that my sister's strawberry cake is nothing compared to my mom's rum cake so this year I'll just eat the rum cake:heart::heart: . I'll also refrain from making my fabulous fudge (ok maybe a small batch of the white chocolate cranberry:grumble: ) but I'll leave it at my mom's house so that I won't be tempted. Other than that, I plan to exercise like a fein in order t ocombat any additional damage.
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    Fellow Louisiainian here! You know we can throw down in the kitchen when it comes to holiday cooking. My family has already requested that I not "mess with" their holiday favorites. So I will just cook as usual and eat what I want. My appetite isn't nearly as big as it once was so I am not worried much. If I do go over, so be it. The next morning, the sun will rise and it'll be a new day!

Enjoy your family time! Enjoy your self! Enjoy the holidays! Then get right back to work and don't look back.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    I am going to tie a bib on and eat out of a trough! I will adjust my previous days to accommodate. If I go over, so be it. I'll keep on going on. One day won't make a difference.

:laugh: Ni-i-i-i-i-ce. My sentiments exactly.
  • precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    thanks guys i feel much better now i will still eat my food but just not as much and i will not eat breakfast or lunch so i can make sure i have the cal i need and if i go over ooooh well it didnt take a day to put all this weight on so i will be fine!
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    IM planning on drinking lots of water and eating my healthy meals before i go over to anyones house... that way i wont be as hungry and wont eat as much.... oh but GUMBO... homemade GUMBO is the BEST!!!!! My family is italian so ours is the Stuffed Shells in meat sauce that im going to have to steer away from. LOL