Son vomits during gym - it's after lunch

Options
2»

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying it happens every day. I'm asking so that if he starts feeling queasy again maybe we can prevent this.

It may be 2 weeks to the end of the year this year, but he still has 4 more years of public education ahead of him.

Currently where I am in Texas kids have a PE/Gym daily but I believe they may be looking to change this. He does not have a "recess."

Also, asking these sorts of questions can help other people. Maybe I should have asked sooner, but it didn't occur to me the last few times. This year though it seems like he's been sent home during a physical activity such as football practice also.

Thank you everyone who gave some thoughtful answers. I am going to talk to him and see what I can do to help him based on some of the suggestions listed.

And it's never to late to ask for help with your child. never.
  • leahmunroe0724
    Options
    I would suggest packing him a lighter lunch that will stay down better like a salad
    Because most salads are not very filling, he shouldn't feel queasy when exercising
    Then he can eat a more filling snack after he gets home from school :)
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I would suggest packing him a lighter lunch that will stay down better like a salad
    Because most salads are not very filling, he shouldn't feel queasy when exercising
    Then he can eat a more filling snack after he gets home from school :)

Thanks. he loves plain lettuce... He's weird, I know. I'll suggest that.

I don't think he can "not try" in gym. And if it was DodgeBall day, you can bet he's giving it his all.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I want to again say thanks to everyone who responded.

Apparently it presented during gym, but it's the flu :(

Today will be the second full day of school he'll miss.