Anybody on MFP who isn't rude and arrogant??

Options

Replies

• KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Why do kitties wiggle their butts like that?

Cause wiggling your butt is fun. Go ahead, give it a shot. Come back and tell us how you felt doing it.
    Stuff jiggles like mad.

Nothing wrong with a little jiggle to your wiggle.

Is that what vajigglejaggle is?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I'm not rude and arrogant, I'm blunt and truthful.
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Most people that post on here seem to think that they are more intelligent than Doctors and other people with educations in health type fields. They may not have even graduated from HS, yet they strongly and rudely state their opinions as facts, as if from God... Best to just talk to people you know IRL and get real life support, imo. I do use this for keeping up with my calories. I don't really see how things such as "rate the person above you" are conducive to losing weight though... that's just me tho:)

I think anyone who has successfully managed to do the thing that someone is trying to do, is in a good position to give valid advice. There's a wealth of experience in real weightloss here....not just advice from some skinny nutritionist who you know has never had to actually *lose* a lot of weight before in their life. People trying to lose weight would be silly not to use that wealth of experience. And it's free. That's just me tho :)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh....I missed the party again!!! :ohwell:
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    So...

Would this be a good time to ask the OP out?

Just don't be a p**ck or rude.

I already got that out of the way on like page 6 or 7.

Now it is time to make the magic happen.

Go for it, would suggest not bringing bread though.

Too late. I wanna join this sammich

:love:
    funny-cats-asleep-rabbit-animals.jpg

Is it cool if I wear my costume? She can be Blastoise.

2dqvtlj.jpg
  • mccindy72
    Options
    Most people that post on here seem to think that they are more intelligent than Doctors and other people with educations in health type fields. They may not have even graduated from HS, yet they strongly and rudely state their opinions as facts, as if from God... Best to just talk to people you know IRL and get real life support, imo. I do use this for keeping up with my calories. I don't really see how things such as "rate the person above you" are conducive to losing weight though... that's just me tho:)

I think anyone who has successfully managed to do the thing that someone is trying to do, is in a good position to give valid advice. There's a wealth of experience in real weightloss here....not just advice from some skinny nutritionist who you know has never had to actually *lose* a lot of weight before in their life. People trying to lose weight would be silly not to use that wealth of experience. And it's free. That's just me tho :)

Exactly. And it's a bit rude to assume that the members of MFP who are offering opinions are ignoramuses who haven't graduated from high school when most of the people I've interacted with are quite well educated. Many of us who are offering advice have lost weight and kept it off, and gotten into pretty good shape. Sustainability is a huge part of what makes weight loss successful and finding people who have found a sustainable successful way to maintain weight loss, to me, is a good way to get sound advice.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

Intelligence =/= educated.

And doctors do not receive very much education on nutrition. And even if they did and people agreed with them with science based research, then the doctor may still be wrong. It's the science that matters, not the fact that someone is a doctor.
    This ten times over. Plus while doctors want to keep up-to-date regarding anything and everything in newest research, there isn't time to read it all. Sometimes the patient or person interested in their own health has much more time to geek on that one thing alternatively their disease and hence become experts. As long as you have a basic understanding of statistics and epidemiology you can sort it out as well as anyone with a degree.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    So...

2dqvtlj.jpg

My nerdiest fantasies are coming true...
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I love these forums. The rude and arrogant people keep me entertained and distract me from eating out of boredom. :wink:

That being said, I don't post many topics. I find a lot of people give answers to questions you did not ask because they want to make themselves look smart. Or they either don't read the post, or just ignore it, and say "you have to do this," when you specifically said you are unable to do that, and asked for help finding an alternative. There almost always is one...an alternative, I mean.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

Cause wiggling your butt is fun. Go ahead, give it a shot. Come back and tell us how you felt doing it.
    Stuff jiggles like mad.

No. Haha.

tumblr_m8hy2m6xMB1ql5yr7o1_400.gif
  • Songbirdie90
    Songbirdie90 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm now just staying for the bunnies!!!
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    You call people rude and arrogant and then ask for friends??? LOLOLOLOL
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

Stuff jiggles like mad.

No. Haha.

tumblr_m8hy2m6xMB1ql5yr7o1_400.gif
    :laugh:
  • mccindy72
    Options

rabbit.jpg
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh....I missed the party again!!! :ohwell:

Don't worry, there's always a party happening somewhere on here. You missed a good one though
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    Just a rant.

Getting slightly annoyed at the attitudes of people on these forums. What is the need to be so rude??

Unless the question states that they need an opinion then simply dont give it; or if they are asking for an opinion, then please learn the etiquette of expressing your views... There is a way to do it without being such a p***k.

Anyway, if theres anyone out there who is like me, here to support people on the same journey and togain some motivation, then please friend request me.

Rant over!!

Xx

I would gladly be your friend but I'm too good for you. Jerk.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    So...

2dqvtlj.jpg

Gotta catch em all! Giggity
  • Songbirdie90
    Songbirdie90 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

rabbit.jpg

Not that one :'(:'(:'( hehe
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    So...

2dqvtlj.jpg

Google Nigri. Thank me later.