Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Carbs, are they good or bad?

13»

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    bump; BF %, diary closed, 178 pounds, 6feet 2, exercise regimen, and progress of said goal.

Sorry, my friends could see my diary already but I guess I should have made it public prior to posting a question like this. I have changed it to public now for those that want to look. The Aria scale has me at 17% BF and I did hit my weight goal after lowering it twice. Really happy with the weight but since I am out of goals I thought it would be fun to work on the way my abs look and tone a bit. I guess I just really don't want this ride to end. I am supposed to be maintaining but thats no fun, I want to work on something.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    bump; BF %, diary closed, 178 pounds, 6feet 2, exercise regimen, and progress of said goal.

Sorry, my friends could see my diary already but I guess I should have made it public prior to posting a question like this. I have changed it to public now for those that want to look. The Aria scale has me at 17% BF and I did hit my weight goal after lowering it twice. Really happy with the weight but since I am out of goals I thought it would be fun to work on the way my abs look and tone a bit. I guess I just really don't want this ride to end. I am supposed to be maintaining but thats no fun, I want to work on something.

First congrats on the weight loss; as for your goal of a six pack, as other folks have referenced, you'll want to do more resistance(weight lifting ) work. You are closer in age to where the 'six pack' may take a little longer then say someone in the early 30's. So, less cardio, more strength training, and gaining a few pounds (bulk) in the process will allow you to reveal the muscles sooner(a cut). As for your BF, originally somebody was recommending reducing it, I'd recommend the opposite or at the very least maintaining it while you lift more and cardio less. I wouldn't have BF be your focus during the process of transitioning your workouts.

You have a great challenge goal before you to show those abs. You also have to make some changes and continue to be accurate with CICO and success will follow. One of the challenges will be when you cut cardio(which is a great way to burn calories) lifting provides less calorie burn but ultimately will get you to goal faster. Best of luck.