Feeling discouraged, not enough hours in the day

Options
2»

Replies

• Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Getting a device like a Fitbit might help you keep track of your steps and calorie burn. I recently got one and it's great. It syncs with a free app and with MFP. Sometimes I burn WAY more than I realized, so it raises my calorie allotment (oh, so THAT'S why I'm hungry), other days I don't burn as much as I would like and it lowers the allotment. It's nice to know how active I've been and it encourages me to move more.

I have a friend who is a mother and she constantly chases after her one-year-old and two older children. She feels guilty because she doesn't have time to exercise but I was at her house the other night, she didn't sit down for more than maybe two minutes at a time! She's thinking about getting a Fitbit.

This! Yes yes yes! I am actually walking right now so I can't type more, but I earn ~300 cal a day just from walking with my kid in the stroller! You'd be surprised how fast it adds up! I love my fitbit!
  • AnnBassham
    AnnBassham Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have one week where I work 72 hours (3x12 on days and 3x12 on nights) in addition to 1 hour drive each way. I will eat anything when I am tired and hungry and lots of it. The only way I get thru this is to set aside an hour or two to portion healthy food. I slice a cucumber, radish and oranges and put them in baggies in the fridge for lunches. Each pack is about 100 calories and quick to grab because when I am tired I want no preparation time between me and my food so I can get some sleep. The time it takes to prepare the grab & go packs is well worth it. Do yourself like you do the 2 year old, sometimes dry Cheerios are a perfect snack.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I work from home also. Maybe try what I do- get up at 6 am and work out early. I also prep my food for the next day in Tupperware!
  • milkysmum
    milkysmum Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks all :) am feeling much better, I think I was just having a few blue days, am usually quite a positive person! Really appreciate everyone who took time to reply to me.

Am totally getting a fitbit, they sound great, my birthday is coming up so fingers crossed...

bwogilvie thank you, I actually cried a bit reading you say I was doing ok! Yes I joined mid march and have lost 11 lbs, am actually really pleased I think I maybe expect too much of myself along with everything else on my plate (pardon the pun)

I have managed to fit in a 5 minute Shaun T workout now hopefully every day and have incorporated dance time into our day. My DS has chicken pox at the moment so were stuck in a bit but we managed to go to the field at the end of the road a couple of times this week and pretend to be aeroplanes and run round with the dog, which was fun :) I love the idea of pushing him round in a basket, he would love that! :)

(Oh and "Sit-ups and push-ups while watching tv"? At what point do you think I watch tv???)