Metal music lovers!

Options

Replies

• drmastermind
    drmastermind Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    metal is the only thing to work out to. Can't imagine hittin a heavy bag on hammering up a hill on my bike listening to Pharrel. The Ozzy song Scream is great for motivation and Dragonfoce is wonderful for a running beat.
  • gakette420
    gakette420 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    metal is the only thing to work out to. Can't imagine hittin a heavy bag on hammering up a hill on my bike listening to Pharrel. The Ozzy song Scream is great for motivation and Dragonfoce is wonderful for a running beat.

Dragonforce rocks. I was friends with Herman Li on undernet in a metal chat room for years until he joined Dragonforce. He used to have me and my hubby listen to his riffs and tell him what we thought of them. Exciting to see a talented young man come so far. We saw them in concert and Herman was phenomenal.
  • riadhdeb
    riadhdeb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    New metal head and loving it!!!

Add me ;)
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    New metal head and loving it!!!

Add me ;)
    already are mutha fuka
  • riadhdeb
    Options
    **** yeah
  • Quarkles
    Quarkles Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My love of metal is the reason why I started using the spin bike by myself instead of in a class - I can't get worked up to dance/pop music. Slayer, Iron Maiden, Nightwish, Rob Zombie, or Halford are so much more effective for working out. Or, y'know, any other time.
    Hell, I'm wearing a Ghost shirt as I'm typing this. Metal is the best.
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm not familiar with or don't really like a lot of the metal that's been mentioned in this thread, but most of what I listen to is either kind of older (Judas Priest) or new and pretty obscure / nerdy.

When I workout and listen to metal (let's just say loud music with electric guitars, b/c I don't want a metal classification debate), it's got to be:

Blind Guardian
    The Lord Weird Slough Feg
    Symphony X
    Zeke
    Kamelot
    Broca's Helm

And if there happen to be any geeks / nerds (not Whovians...) reading here, I highly recommend "Nightfall in Middle-Earth" by Blind Guardian (concept album based on the Silmarillian), "Traveler" by Slough Feg (concept album based on a tabletop RPG) or "The Odyssey" by Symphony X (concept album based on... I'll let you guess).
    The Odyssey is one of my all-time favorite progressive songs!

I love Symphony X, Demons & Wizards, Iced Earth, Opeth, Periphery and much much more :)
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am kind of in the minority on this thread too, so it seems, as I am a 35 year old mother of 5. I have been to hundreds of concerts though. I spent my 30th Bday at a Six Feet Under show. No mid life crisis here! :wink:
    We love almost all types of tunes except opera and rap but if we go to a concert it is metal. This years big show will be Amon Amarth. Our third time! I would also like to see FFDP, Volbeat, and Hellya. But it looks like they will skip Portland this tour. :/

I got my hand broken in the mosh pit of a FFDP concert when i was 31. (And still stayed until the encore, which was a song i hated anyway, so i did leave then...and drove myself to a hospital in Pittsburgh, lol).

But i work out from anything to tool to mudvayne to tori amos to ani difranco....hmmm.
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    All I've ever loved is Metal! I went to my first OzzFest when I was 14! I've seen Ozzy, Black Label Society, Lamb of God, Rob Zombie, Marylin Manson, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Distrubed, System of a Down, Slayer, Hatebreed, Mushroomhead, Killswitch Engage, Korn, oh well I've seen a lot. Best experience ever was when I was 16 on Second Stage I was crowd surfing and when they threw me over the fence and security was grabbing me I fell and Troy Sanders from Mastadon totally helped me up while he was singing. Yeah. Total Girl Fan Moment There.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Also! Soen (former drummer of Amon Amarth and Opeth and former bassist of Testament) and karnivool. Soen is rough to work out to, but karnivool i find be fairly easy to work out to.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    now I like my metal a little more complex!
    Tourniquet?

e.g. Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    August Burns Red
    :heart:
  • jejizzle
    jejizzle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Metal or nothing in my ears at the gym. Seems appropriate to lift a buncha IRON to. :) Oh, and on runs and hikes too--feel like a warrior.
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Another metal-lovin' chick here! When I was 16, my friends and I ditched school for a day and went into the city (NY) to see Led Zep at the Garden. That began my long-standing affair with metal. Oh, the concerts I saw! Judas Priest at the Palladium in NYC (a fairly small place) with Iron Maiden as the opener, was a memorable one. Rob Halford rode his motorcycle onto the stage, and proceeded to do nasty things with its exhaust pipe... Rock on!
  • greekfrk
    greekfrk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mostly 80's Metal. Favs include Maiden, RATT, and Rush. During walks I'll do the Cult
  • jejizzle
    Options
    Parkway Drive, BMTH, OM&M, ABR, SFTP, TPIY, Beartooth, the ghost inside. even AA. EVEN FIR gets play.
  • jejizzle
    Options
    Not really metal but I listen to Stick to your guns for workouts

Metalcore bands totally count. If you haven't, you might check out The Plot In You-Troll and Like Moths To Flames-You Won't Be Missed. Similar to Against Them All.
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hatebreed on shuffle is my usual weapon of choice in the gym, for the encouraging lyrics as much as the music.

Proper love of Prong at the moment, though. I've been listening to them since 1990 and forgot how good they are!
  • riadhdeb
    Options
    As a newbie to metal, it's gonna take me ages to go through all them bands!!!
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    As a newbie to metal, it's gonna take me ages to go through all them bands!!!
    You're from the UK. Start with the first and best one of all Black Sabbath.