Metal music lovers!

Options

Replies

• Alterego1629
    Options
    Metal keeps me going, especially during cardio haha. Loving the new Arch Enemy album.
  • gakette420
    gakette420 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am kind of in the minority on this thread too, so it seems, as I am a 35 year old mother of 5. I have been to hundreds of concerts though. I spent my 30th Bday at a Six Feet Under show. No mid life crisis here! :wink:
    We love almost all types of tunes except opera and rap but if we go to a concert it is metal. This years big show will be Amon Amarth. Our third time! I would also like to see FFDP, Volbeat, and Hellya. But it looks like they will skip Portland this tour. :/
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Workout out to metal gives me some of my best performances/workouts. Running to Rammstein is absolutely awesome.
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Whenever I am about to lift extremely heavy, I go with Lamb of God
    F2963JIF5GDQOXE.MEDIUM.gif

Other than that, I love metal, whether is to workout, concerts, at home, in the car, anywhere! stock-vector-heavy-metal-rock-and-roll-devil-horns-hand-sign-with-a-black-leather-studded-bracelet-56637382.jpg
  • gakette420
    Options
    I think going to a concert should count as a huge work out. :devil:
  • KarKrzy29
    KarKrzy29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Back in the 80's I earned the title Metal Queen in my school. I have just recently caught up to the new Metal out there like, FFDP , Volbeat, Halestorm, Skillet, Pop Evil, Devour the Day ,Bobaflex, In this moment, Non point, Avenged Sevenfold... and the list goes on and on and loving everything.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Bands on my current playlist:

Soilwork
    In Flames
    Scar Symmetry
    Rammstein
    Mnemic
    Caliban
    Nocturnal Rites
    Pantera
    Down
    Testament
    Exodus
    Deicide
    Fear Factory
    For Today
    Slayer

and TONS more.
  • k8FN
    k8FN Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love working out to anything related to Phil Anselmo, apparently. Down and Pantera are great for long walks/bike rides, I like the mid paced stuff for a long workout...or the faster thrashier stuff for a shorter workout (do you know how many grindcore songs you can fit into 60 minutes? like, 80 songs!) I will also recommend Peanut Butter Wolf's 666 Mix album...he's not a metal DJ per se, but it's a set he did on 6/6/06 of a huge DJ mix of classic, thrash, power, and black metal set to a beat. I love playing it while I do a workout video with the sound off!
  • ccpauley
    ccpauley Posts: 70
    Options
    Wow this thread has really taken off, I'm always wary when introducing myself as a metal head cos people can be quite opinionated and I might not get any friends :sad:

But it's great to see lots of other cool people out there besides myself :bigsmile: Add me x
  • mchanido
    mchanido Posts: 6
    Options
    Workout out to metal gives me some of my best performances/workouts. Running to Rammstein is absolutely awesome.

Working out to Rammstein is indeed awesome! The gym I go to has mainstream/pop music but I just sing it in my head! Definitely need to invest in a portable music player of some sort, but not a big fun of apple, so no ipod for me!

Other favorites: Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian and Primordial.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Yep. I like all kinds of music as long as its Pantera. :)
  • gakette420
    Options
    lol mustget... I saw Pantera 4 times. Great fun!!!
  • gakette420
    Options
    If any of you want an old metal head for a friend please add me. :)

Thank you PMO6. Glad to have you as a friend.
  • byahbee
    byahbee Posts: 19
    Options
    i always listen to metal when i use my crosstrainer, also when dancing haha xD
  • Matrix_Dragon
    Matrix_Dragon Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Huge huge metal fan here.

Ranges from stuff like Graveworm, Mayhem, Satryricon, to Within Temptation, Epica, Nightwish, to heavier metal such as August Burns Red, All that Remains, Dimmu Borgir etc.

Any fellow metal heads; add me up. Would be awesome to chat

Tim
  • Everyotherday
    Everyotherday Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I love working/working out to metal, keeps me calm surprisingly. Bands like Chelsea Grin, Slipknot, All the remains, Born of Osiris, etc.
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    Faster than a bullet
    Terrifying scream
    Enraged and full of anger
    He's half man and half machine

Rides the Metal Monster
    Breathing smoke and fire
    Closing in with vengeance soaring high

He is the Painkiller
    This is the Painkiller

Any more questions? \m/ \m/
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    i work out to metal sometimes

acid bath is the greatest metal band of all time though just saying
  • robcha01
    robcha01 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    No other type of workout music out there. Metal's the only way to go!!!! "Up the Irons!!!"
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I do like metal (Metallica, Rammstein, Dead Letter Circus, QOTSA, Shinedown) but I also love dance, industrial, techno, R&B, classical and so, so much more. Did a pretty fast ride on my stationary bike to a section of Rachmaninoff. (ROCK-maninoff?) But metal is definitely in the mix!