Gym confessions...

Options
DJ7203
DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
Here's mine...........I wear an ipod every day even though it has been dead for months because I never charge it up. I don't care about music when I work out, I just wear it so nobody will talk to me lol!

Replies

• ItsFunnyCauseHesFat
    ItsFunnyCauseHesFat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Here's mine...........I wear an ipod every day even though it has been dead for months because I never charge it up. I don't care about music when I work out, I just wear it so nobody will talk to me lol!

Haha! I love that! I do the same thing when I fly...I always travel with headphones so I can put them on if I'm sitting next to an overly social person. :)

DJ...I have no doubt you have more than your share of guys trying to chat it up with you. Wow!
  • DJ7203
    Options

Haha! I love that! I do the same thing when I fly...I always travel with headphones so I can put them on if I'm sitting next to an overly social person. :)

DJ...I have no doubt you have more than your share of guys trying to chat it up with you. Wow!

LOL I rarely fly, but I would do the same thing!

Luckily I have most of the regular guys trained at my gym not to talk to me lol! But there are always the newbies that try to make conversation. Sorry I'm there to get my workout in & get out, not make friends.
  • wardamnirish
    wardamnirish Posts: 395
    Options
    I always just make it a point to look like I'm pissed off all the time, especially when traveling.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I wear a hoodie always at the gym. I refuse to wear at shirt. Out of habit
  • the_great_beyond_
    the_great_beyond_ Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    creepy-smile-o.gif
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I fancy my PT and he's probably about 10 years my junior :blushing:
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I splash people on purpose while I swim - if they are idiots.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I started wearing actual black underwear with my compression pants after seeing another woman bend over--showing the entire gym her WHOLE world! I know her....so told her to retire those pants!

I am paranoid of showing butt crack while squatting bending, etc. Even more so that I will and no one will tell me! lol. Black pants+Black panties=no butt crack!
  • leesehm
    leesehm Posts: 117
    Options
    Ha! I do that all the time! Just looked pissed off and people don't bother you lol.
  • wardamnirish
    Options

Idiots in the pool could be a thread of its own.

I will suddenly switch my swim workouts to something intimidating to newbies if I see someone looking for a lane and I don't want to share.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I started wearing actual black underwear with my compression pants after seeing another woman bend over--showing the entire gym her WHOLE world! I know her....so told her to retire those pants!

I am paranoid of showing butt crack while squatting bending, etc. Even more so that I will and no one will tell me! lol. Black pants+Black panties=no butt crack!

Lol such a regular thing at gyms. All the guys notice it. Haha
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options

I will suddenly switch my swim workouts to something intimidating to newbies if I see someone looking for a lane and I don't want to share.

What qualifies as "something intimidating?" I need to try that.
  • DJ7203
    Options
    Ha! I do that all the time! Just looked pissed off and people don't bother you lol.

LOL me too! I'm the angry gym girl.
  • wardamnirish
    Options

Butterfly sprints will usually do the trick as long as you don't take too much rest.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I do my workout based entirely on who is there doing what. If people are doing mostly doing legs, it is an upper body day. If most of the weight machines are full, but cardio machines are empty it is a cardio day lol. Normally it works out pretty evenly surprisingly lol
  • beaky7
    beaky7 Posts: 2
    Options

OMG I do the exact same thing! Even when like walking in the park when no one else is around!
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options

Butterfly sprints will usually do the trick as long as you don't take too much rest.

Ugh. Unfortunately, I always have to take lots of rest between my butterfly laps!
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Also, I am the opposite of the "angry girl" at the gym. I smile and say hello to everyone. I'm the chatterbox that makes conversation with the person running or lifting next to me! most of the time, they're angry people wo ignore me or put in headphones, but I've made some friends.... lol
  • wardamnirish
    Options

Ugh. Unfortunately, I always have to take lots of rest between my butterfly laps!

Then do a hard kick set with lots of splashing. Just make sure you look really intense when you do it,
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I always just make it a point to look like I'm pissed off all the time, especially when traveling.
    i do this. plus always have ear buds in. but i think because i look so young, and i feel not very intimidating at all, it doesn't deter people and i still get idiots trying to chat me up. i hate it. when i gym rather than run outside in the mornings before work, i go at like 3 or 4 am in the hopes that no one will try to talk to me. nope. still happens. :grumble: