not losing as much as I should be?

Options
2»

Replies

• tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You're measuring things in cups and spoons, which isn't a very accurate way to measure foods unfortunately, especially solid foods. A cup of something can weigh different amounts depending on how packed or full your cup is, so it follows that the calorie content can also vary a lot. Use a scale to weigh solids in grams/oz and use a measuring jug to measure liquids in ml/ fluid oz.

This. I was totally shocked when I started weighing my foods. My 1/2 c. serving of quinoa weighed out to 2 servings? My 6oz yogurt was closer to 7oz? Holy snapola, that avocado counts as TWO medium avocados by its weight?!

Get a scale. It can be inexpensive, but it'll make a huge, huge difference in your tracking.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I think you're underestimating your food.

Regardless, 1lb per week is plenty good for what you need to lose.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear and it takes time.

Some weeks you may lose 1 lb. Some 2 lbs. Some none. Just keep going.

A loss is good and something to celebrate.

Patience.

+1
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you last lost weight?

my last weigh in was a few days ago, which is why I'm worried I post 0.8 pounds in a week when I should be losing at least a pound and a half D:

Even if you do everything correctly, your weight loss rate will change from week to week. Bowels, hormones, water, TOM, sodium, exercise, etc. affect the rate at which you lose weight. Your current way is working, just keep with it and have patience.