T.H.E.(Trying Hard Everyday) Team 10/29/10 to 11/4/10

Options
Welcome team. (messed up on the dates, OOOPPPSSS!!!)

A week behind us, a new week in front of us. Some familiar faces and some new ones too!

This week, I would like to challenge each of you to set a goal. This one step - choosing a goal and sticking to it - changes everything. People with goals succeed because they know where they're going. Choose a goal that you want to reach this week. It can be drinking all your water, watching your sodium intake, exercising every day or eating all your veggies. It doesn't matter what the goal is, as long as you are commited to the challenge. Throughout the week, lets look at this 1 goal and see what we are doing. Are you struggling? Why? A goal is something you have to try for, not something that happens easily. Think about what you want to accomplish this week and why, then let us know what you are shooting for. And of course, ask for advice from your fellow teamies if you need it.

This is the new thread for the week. If you would like to weigh in and post your stats, please feel free to do so. Our weigh in days are on Fridays, however, some of us choose to measure our success by other means. You are of course welcome to do that as well. As always, please share what you feel comfortable sharing.

If anyone would like to start, (I haven't weighed in yet and will do so in the AM.)
The format is

Your ScreenName ~ SW/ GW/ CW = Total pounds lost

SW= your starting weight
GW= your goal weight
CW= current weight

Please use the quote function when posting your stats and copy the previous weigh-in and add your stats to the end of the list. This way we have a running list and it helps everyone to see everyone's results easier.

Welcome to a new week!! :0)~

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Quoted from Cnbethea:

Good morning everyone I weighed in this morning at 161.6 so down .6 this week!!

Cnbethea SW 162.2/GW 135/ CW 161.6= .6 loss

Response from jjtonic75:

WHOOOHOOO!!! Great job girl. You are doing amazing. :drinker:

Quoted from Kaltgelt:

Kaltgelt SW 270.2/GW 190/ CW 265.6= 4.6 loss

Great job cnbethea! Keep working hard!

Hope everyone has a great and successful day!!

Response from jjtonic75:

Kelsey, you are doing amazing. Keep up the great work. Pretty soon there is will be nothing left to lose. Good job on the bike last nite. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I will weigh in tomorrow morning. 6 miles to run tomorrow. My longest run to date. :drinker:
  • areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    areay22: SW 178; GW: 160; CW: 172

Goals this week:
    1. No Sweets
    2. run 4 days (Sunday, Mon, Wed, Friday)
    3. Tell someone something positive everyday.
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Areay-Those are great goals. I know you can do it even with Halloween this weekend. Glad you are here with us. Have a fun and safe weekend. :bigsmile:

Are you training for a race or do you just like to run?
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    I'd love to join! Just found you guys. :)

SW: 154
    CW: 151
    GW: 133

Goals this week:
    1. Track everything I eat, even if it's over my limit
    2. Do 30 Day shred every day

Good luck with Halloween everyone!
  • sandili
    sandili Posts: 15
    Options
    I would really love to join, I need help staying motivated and not getting discouraged.

SW:250 (although I didn't start using this program till 199)
    CW:179
    GW:165

Goals this week:
    1. eat less sugar
    2. make sure to have snacks whenever I am hungry so I don't feel the need to have anything big
    3. keep up the exercise but in a way that doesn't make my body stiffen up so much (maybe split between intense cardio and yoga, because the whole point was to feel good in the first place)
  • sandili
    sandili Posts: 15
    Options
    I would really love to join, I need help staying motivated and not getting discouraged.

Goals this week:
    1. eat less sugar
    2. make sure to have snacks whenever I am hungry so I don't feel the need to have anything big
    3. keep up the exercise but in a way that doesn't make my body stiffen up so much (maybe split between intense cardio and yoga, because the whole point was to feel good in the first place)
  • areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Love goal setting, I'm excited!

I'm training for a marathon I have in January
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Areay-Duh, I knew you were training for a marathon. You just recently changed your profile pic. That is why it took me a minute to realize who you were. I am having a blonde moment. :bigsmile:

Is this going to be your first marathon?
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I'd love to join! Just found you guys. :)

SW: 154
    CW: 151
    GW: 133

Goals this week:
    1. Track everything I eat, even if it's over my limit
    2. Do 30 Day shred every day

Good luck with Halloween everyone!

Welcome to the group. We love newbies. You have great goals set in place. I know you can do it. Have a fun and safe weekend. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options

Goals this week:
    1. eat less sugar

Welcome, glad to have you. It looks like you have lost 71 pounds so far, that is FANTASTIC!!! Sugar is always a hard one, but I know you can do it. You have come so far, I have no doubt it won't be a problem for you. Snacks are a good thing and definitely a great way to look at the exercise you are doing. Can't wait to hear how you accomplished your goals for the week. :bigsmile:
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    Welcome to all of you new team members! We are a very supportive group and are happy to have new members to share our progress with.

My goals for this week:
    1. To track all my calories the night before, for the next day. It helps me stay on track when I do this.
    2. No diet sodas. Water only!
    3. To find some yummy, healthy Thanksgiving recipes to take to my family get-together.

Thanks again JJ for keeping us organized!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Welcome to all of you new team members! We are a very supportive group and are happy to have new members to share our progress with.

My goals for this week:
    1. To track all my calories the night before, for the next day. It helps me stay on track when I do this.
    2. No diet sodas. Water only!
    3. To find some yummy, healthy Thanksgiving recipes to take to my family get-together.

Thanks again JJ for keeping us organized!

Those are really great goals to have. I am also looking for some healthy sides for Thanksgiving. We don't like turkey, so we are going to have a pot roast and need some yummy side to go with it. Post any that you like, I would like to know what you pick. Have a fantastic weekend. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Orange-avacado SW: 154CW: 151GW: 133
    Sandili SW:250 (although I didn't start using this program till 199) CW:179 GW:165
    jjtonic75 SW:206.8 GW 165 CW 170.4 Loss of 1 pound

WHOOOHOOO!!! I am slowly going down. It is so much better than a darn plateau!!! Well, getting ready for my 6 miler this morning. Have a beautiful, fun and safe weekend everyone. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    So, in the last 5 weeks doing my Half-Marathon training and TurboFire I have lost 6.2 pounds and 4.25 total inches. That is amazing. WHOOOHOOO!!! I am feeling so good right now. I also finished my first 6 mile run this morning with a decent pace of 11:45 per mile.

Have a beautiful and safe weekend. :bigsmile:
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to MFP, and it's inspiring to see so many people working toward a healthy lifestyle!

gimedatnow: SW 128; GW: 105; CW: 126-128? <-- I'm really short.

Goals this week:
    1. Sticking to my daily calorie goal, no matter what!
    2. Run 20 miles this week.
    3. Get dressed up for Halloween! :D

Best of luck to all of you this week with your goals!

Jenny
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    Gimedatnow- welcome! It sounds like you are on the right track. I couldn't imagine having a goal of running 20 miles in one week.
    Hopefully in a few months that can be one of the goals I list.

JJ- you are doing so great! It is amazing the amount of inches you have lost from this new training program! Keep it up and keep inspiring me to do more!

I did W1D3 of the C25K program yesterday and will do W2D1 tomorrow. I am a little nervous, but I know I can do it. I actually hope it is not too cool tomorrow, because when I did it yesterday, it hurt my lungs a little bit to breath the cooler air. I guess with this time of year it is something I will have to get used to. I know that I am going to keep pushing and working hard though. Hope everyone has a great Halloween! No candy for me!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Welcome to all the new ladies!!

Kaltgelt great loss this week your doing an amazing job!!!

Jennifer your doing an awesome job with your running and the lbs amd inches coming off are proof it's payng off keep up the great work!!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Orange-avacado SW: 154CW: 151GW: 133
    Sandili SW:250 (although I didn't start using this program till 199) CW:179 GW:165
    jjtonic75 SW:206.8 GW 165 CW 168.8 Loss of 2.5 pounds
    gimedatnow: SW 128; GW: 105; CW: 126-128? <-- I'm really short

I weighed in again Sunday morning, which I probably should not have, but I was down another 1.5 pounds. So I will take it. Really should only weigh once a week, but sometimes, I just can't help myself.

Welcome to Jenny, glad that you are with us. So, did you dress up for Halloween and if so, what did you go as?

Kelsey, you are doing so great with the C25K program. I am so proud of you. W2D1 will be a breeze for you. :wink:

Cnbethea, How are you doing these days?
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    I did W2D1 yesterday. It was not near as bad as I thought it would be. I just really need to focus on my breathing. I felt okay while doing it, but after my poor face was DARK red for about 30 miuntes. Not sure why that happens. Anyone? Well, tonight I am gonna take it easy and just ride the bike and will to W2D2 tomorrow! Wish me luck!