T.H.E.(Trying Hard Everyday) Team 10/29/10 to 11/4/10

Options
2»

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Kelsey-Great job on your run yesterday. There are all sorts of methods on breathing easier while running. I would try to breathe in for two and out for two, but I started to feel clastraphobic after a while. My husband just suggested breathing like normal and I tried it and it actually works for me. I do breathe in and out of my mouth. They say to breathe through your nose, well I just can't do that. Just try different ways and see what works best for you. Everyone can tell you their way, but what works best for you is all that matters. Keep up the great work. :drinker:
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you, Kelsey!

Haha, well, I had an old pair of angel wings, but didn't want to do a repeat of last year. So, I made a construction paper beak and went as a tropical bird. :) How were your Halloweens?

It appears that I fell a bit off the wayside today, but hopefully I'll make up for it with some exercise before the day's out. How do you guys manage your time while exercising? Do you prefer the morning or evening?
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    Thanks gimedatnow! I prefer to exercise in the evening. I read somewhere that your body is better equiped to work out in the evening. All your organs are functioning in full force and your body is just more awake. It also works with my schedule better.

I have a field trip with my daughter tomorrow, so I will have to make sure to pack healthy snacks. We are going to the fire museum which should be fun, and then the park.

Hope everyone has a great evening!
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    Kelsey- I'm glad to hear the running is going so well for you. That is awesome!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Kelsey your doing an awesome job on your running!!! I love that C25K program it helped me run my first 5k back in June didnt really grasp a liking for running but it did make me feel empowered because my hubby didnt think I could do it!! :bigsmile: Also for me the best thing for the breathing was to chant while jogging my hubby is a marine and he had be singing his cadence (go figure) but it actually worked!! Also taking a long breath in through my nose and breath it out slowly through my mouth!!

As for me I started insanity yesterday feeling good and excited this time I want to complete it with no errors I know life happen I am just praying that it doesn't get in the way of these next 63 days!! Also I measured for the start of it and the new month and I am actually down 7.5inches from the first of Oct so I was excited about that lbs aren't going down but the body is shaping up nice YAY!!!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Haha, well, I had an old pair of angel wings, but didn't want to do a repeat of last year. So, I made a construction paper beak and went as a tropical bird. :) How were your Halloweens?

It appears that I fell a bit off the wayside today, but hopefully I'll make up for it with some exercise before the day's out. How do you guys manage your time while exercising? Do you prefer the morning or evening?

Sounds like you have a great creative mind. I went as a runner. LOL So creative. My band was playing Saturday nite, so it was nice to be in my workout clothes for the show. I didn't get nearly as hot as I normally do on stage. LOL

Before I got this new job, I would actually workout in the evenings right when I got home from work, but I am now working on getting use to early morning. 5:30 am UGH!!! It will definitely take some getting use to. I do like doing my runs in the morning, so that works. Really you just need to workout when you feel is the best time for you. When you feel you have the most energy to get through your workouts. Let me know if you have more questions, I am glad to help. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I have a field trip with my daughter tomorrow, so I will have to make sure to pack healthy snacks. We are going to the fire museum which should be fun, and then the park.

Hope everyone has a great evening!

I hope you have a wonderful time today. Can't wait to hear all about it. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Kelsey your doing an awesome job on your running!!! I love that C25K program it helped me run my first 5k back in June didnt really grasp a liking for running but it did make me feel empowered because my hubby didnt think I could do it!! :bigsmile: Also for me the best thing for the breathing was to chant while jogging my hubby is a marine and he had be singing his cadence (go figure) but it actually worked!! Also taking a long breath in through my nose and breath it out slowly through my mouth!!

As for me I started insanity yesterday feeling good and excited this time I want to complete it with no errors I know life happen I am just praying that it doesn't get in the way of these next 63 days!! Also I measured for the start of it and the new month and I am actually down 7.5inches from the first of Oct so I was excited about that lbs aren't going down but the body is shaping up nice YAY!!!

Good for you. I am really excited to hear that. Inches are just as important, if not more so than that darn scale. Keep up the amazing work. How did you do on your fit test??? :drinker:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Did my one workout this morning. Kinda weird only doing one, but I guess my body deserves a little break. LOL It was a good workout. I think Fire 45 Class is my favorite. Still getting use to getting up so early, but I know it will become routine as time goes on.

Have a beautiful day everyone. Glad to hear that everyone is doing so well. :flowerforyou:
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    It has been a LONG day and I am exhausted. I have mirena so never know when TOM is here, but I am retaining water and ultra grumpy, so I am guessing now. I also want to eat everything in sight. I went to the fire museum and the park with 20 three year olds and was home with my kids for the rest of the day. My husband brought himself carl's junior home and I really thought about killing him. It smelled soooo good. I just went in the other room until he was done and then gave him dirty looks when I came out :). My mother in law came and releived me so I could go vote and run to the grocery store. When I got home, I jumped on the bike for 45 minutes and watched Biggest Loser, so I am feeling better now. Kids are asleep and the house is quiet!

JJ- your body can definitely use a break. You are a workout machine! You workout more than anyone else I know! Thanks for all the GREAT advice. I will do W2D2 tomorrow. Couldn't fit it into my schedule today.

CN- I am gonna try out some of your suggestions tomorrow when I run. Thank you! Awesome job on the inches you have lost! You are doing a GREAT job!

Hope everyone has a good night and happy hump day tomorrow!
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    Kelsey- I'm glad to hear the running is going so well for you. That is awesome!

Thanks egam! Glad to see you again! We have missed you!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Kelsey-Isn't it amazing how a good workout will make you feel better? Good for you for pedaling away. As for your husband, I completely understand, mine does the same thing. Good for you for walking away. You are doing so well, I am proud of you. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Well, got another 4 miles in this morning. It was a very good run, I felt good during. I am just a little upset with my pace. I have slowed down this week and am not really sure why. The good thing is that I finished it. I also did Fire 55 EZ this morning and that was good. To get me to push harder, I pretended that I had a friend with me and watching me for the moves. That made me concentrate harder and do the best I could to impress her. LOL It worked.

Keep up the great work everybody. How are you all doing with your challenges for the week??? :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Okay, how is everyone doing with their challenges this week? Tomorrow is the beginning of a new week for us.

This morning I did TurboFire Fire 30 Class & Tone 30 Class at 5:30am. I am getting use to waking up early now. Not effecting me like it did earlier in the week. Ate breakfast at 6:30am then started Core 20 & Stretch 40 Class about 7:30am. That combo is my favorite. It relaxes all the muscles that I have been working over. Best workout of the week.

Tomorrow morning will be getting up at about 4:30am to meet my running group at 5:30am for my 6 mile run. Looking forward to meeting new people that love to run just like me and that can also help me with technique and other stuff.

Have a wonderful and beautiful Friday Eve!!! :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Okay TEAM here is the new for the new week. I hope everyone had a successful week. If not, let's talk about it and see what we all can do to help one another. After all, that is what we are here for. :bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/132061-t-h-e-trying-hard-everyday-team-11-05-10-to-11-11-10