You asked for it... Cauli-crust pizza (pics)

Options

Replies

• k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • FirewifeCarrie
    Options
    Sounds great....will have to try this! :)
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bump! That looks amazing!!! Will have to try it and share it with my no-carb eating friends!
  • sarahlynn_86_04
    Options
    Bump
  • strongissexy1
    Options
    bump!!!!
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    that looks amazing!!!! i can't wait to try it
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump, have to try this!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Becca308
    Becca308 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • nala1965
    nala1965 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Madrow
    Madrow Posts: 62
    Options
    Mmmm, looks great! Thanks!
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Okay, let's be honest, I tried this because I was extremely skeptical. Pizza crust made out of cauliflower? Really? That sounds like the worst thing I've ever heard of!

Well, I ate my words ... and my PIZZA!

I followed the recipe first http://blog.yourlighterside.com/2009/05/low-carb-pizza-dough-cauliflower.html

:frown: with toppings etc, this still had too many calories so the second time (that's right, I made it again) I adjusted it like the OP. I didn't get a 9 inch pizza (it was smaller without all the cheese) but it was still not too bad. I will definitely make it again! The first time I made a white sauce using Laughing Cow cheese and then threw on sautéed mushrooms and chicken. The second time I used red sauce, mushrooms, spinach, and a little cheese.

Make this, you will be surprised (and you'll have enough leftover cauliflower to try this "cauliflower rice" everyone keeps talking about).

My one piece of advice: use parchment paper (not to be confused with wax paper). I tried it first on my air bake pan, which usually works out stick free for everything, but not on the cauliflower crust. On the second pizza the parchment paper released the pizza perfectly!
  • TiffMax
    TiffMax Posts: 70
    Options
    bump!
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    Yum! Gonna try this weekend =] thank you OP
  • stillwater1978
    stillwater1978 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am definitely putting this on the menu for next week!
  • Monika135
    Options
    Ok so I did the cauli-rice yesterday (yum!) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/130435-my-yummy-meatball-and-rice-dinner

and here's the pizza crust! I didn't follow the recipe that you'll get if you google it exact, i cut a lot of the cheese (from 1 cup to 1oz) to cut some cals and used egg beaters, so this whole pizza is 308 cals! Next time I will make it with goat cheese mozza (just used light marble cuz that's what i had). Was YUM!!!! Didn't miss the bread at all!

Hopefully it doesn't cut my photos too much, i didn't resize them.

before going in
    DSCF4295.jpg

cooked
    DSCF4296.jpg

with toppings
    DSCF4302.jpg

Edit:
    here's the original recipe http://blog.yourlighterside.com/2009/05/low-carb-pizza-dough-cauliflower.html

my whole pizza was 308... just the crust was 145 >>> with my changes though!

1cup of cauli rice - i use raw cauliflower processed to size of rice, then nuked 2 min

like I said I only used 1 ounce of cheese vs 1 cup
    and 2tbsp of eggbeaters vs 1 egg or 1/4 cup egg beaters

put on parchment, bake at 450 til dark, edges look burnt.

take out add toppings, then pop under broiler.

if you want it to be "hand holdable" make sure you've cooked it long enough, but also let the final product cool about 5 min before eating it.... I am willing to sacrifice it being hand holdable for so few cals!

the pizza is about 9 inches
    Edited by PolliesGirl on Fri 10/29/10 04:08 PM

Yummy!!! Looks GREAT!
  • jtbaddison
    jtbaddison Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    OMG I've been making this for about 2 years now and my kids have no idea. They are always asking me to make my 'home made pizza'. :wink: My husband's friends have even ask for the recipe after he tricked them with it. I love it. I always keep extra cauliflower, pizza sauce and turkey pepperoni around in case I get a craving.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have to try this!!!!!!!! I'm LOVE LOVE LOVE PIZZA and it's TOM week! :)
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump
    Thanks!