You asked for it... Cauli-crust pizza (pics)

Options
Magenta15
Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
Ok so I did the cauli-rice yesterday (yum!) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/130435-my-yummy-meatball-and-rice-dinner

and here's the pizza crust! I didn't follow the recipe that you'll get if you google it exact, i cut a lot of the cheese (from 1 cup to 1oz) to cut some cals and used egg beaters, so this whole pizza is 308 cals! Next time I will make it with goat cheese mozza (just used light marble cuz that's what i had). Was YUM!!!! Didn't miss the bread at all!

Hopefully it doesn't cut my photos too much, i didn't resize them.

before going in
DSCF4295.jpg

cooked
DSCF4296.jpg

with toppings
DSCF4302.jpg

Edit:
here's the original recipe http://blog.yourlighterside.com/2009/05/low-carb-pizza-dough-cauliflower.html

my whole pizza was 308... just the crust was 145 >>> with my changes though!

1cup of cauli rice - i use raw cauliflower processed to size of rice, then nuked 2 min

like I said I only used 1 ounce of cheese vs 1 cup
and 2tbsp of eggbeaters vs 1 egg or 1/4 cup egg beaters

put on parchment, bake at 450 til dark, edges look burnt.

take out add toppings, then pop under broiler.

if you want it to be "hand holdable" make sure you've cooked it long enough, but also let the final product cool about 5 min before eating it.... I am willing to sacrifice it being hand holdable for so few cals!

the pizza is about 9 inches
Edited by PolliesGirl on Fri 10/29/10 04:08 PM

Replies

• EmmmyK
    EmmmyK Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That looks soooo good..the whole pizza with all the toppings or just the crust is 308..YUMMY
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this! I've never heard of calif-crust, but I googled it and it looks fantastic (and easy). Found this recipe/page about it for anyone who is interested: http://www.examiner.com/low-carb-in-national/cauliflower-pizza-crust-worth-its-wow-gold
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That looks INCREDIBLE!!! And I will trying it very soon! Thank you for posting!!:bigsmile:
  • becomingsara
    Options
    CRIPES!!! Bumpity bump bump!!! I bet the pickier of my two 4 yr olds would eat this without knowing what it was! Also, I will post when I make it because I will be using non-dairy cheese...hopefully it will be a suitable substitute.

In any case, THANK YOU!!!
  • rebel14
    rebel14 Posts: 33
    Options
    That looks INSANELY good !!!!!
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    How did you do it? bake it then add toppings? how long? What Temp?

I'm very interested in this cauli-rice stuff, i love :love: rice and i'm going to try to make it this weekend. (i googled it:smile:)
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    That looks pretty good, had no idea you could anything like it. Will pass it to my mum as shes coeliac and can't have the normal bases full stop
  • chicklawyer
    Options
    im new...how do i locate this recipe...
  • k1979k
    k1979k Posts: 94
    Options
    Oh wow this looks fantastic! I love cauliflower and often mash it with some cottage cheese and pepper as a mashed potato substitute. Any new cauli recipes are great - i'll think try this one this weekend :smile:
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    here's the original recipe http://blog.yourlighterside.com/2009/05/low-carb-pizza-dough-cauliflower.html

my whole pizza was 308... just the crust was 145 >>> with my changes though!

1cup of cauli rice - i use raw cauliflower processed to size of rice, then nuked 2 min

like I said I only used 1 ounce of cheese vs 1 cup
    and 2tbsp of eggbeaters vs 1 egg or 1/4 cup egg beaters

put on parchment, bake at 450 til dark, edges look burnt.

take out add toppings, then pop under broiler.

if you want it to be "hand holdable" make sure you've cooked it long enough, but also let the final product cool about 5 min before eating it.... I am willing to sacrifice it being hand holdable for so few cals!

the pizza is about 9 inches
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Bump! I have to save this....thank you for sharing!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Being that I am a low carber...........I have posted this recipe on this site several times when people have asked about a "healthier pizza"............

It is insanely awesome.
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • jalovec
    jalovec Posts: 62
    Options
    Yumm! That looks great. Thanks!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I have had mashed "potatoes" cauliflower, I have made cauliflower popcorn, but pizza is a new one! I have to really look this one over, looks yummy, I try everything. Thanks for this!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!! Looks like I'm baking tonight.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Oh yum bump!!!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I've never even heard od cauli-rice! I'll have to look into this. Thank you :)
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Uh - Mazing!

I'm a huge fan of both cauliflower AND pizza ... and this just blew my mind!

explode4bs.gif