You asked for it... Cauli-crust pizza (pics)

Options

Replies

• SheRa1964
    Options
    That looks YUMMY! Made me hungry. :laugh:
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Thinking I'm going to have to try this out this weekend~!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Hmmm How is everyone having success with this? I made it and it stuck to the parchment so badly I couldn't eat the crust!

Used 1 cup of cauli-rice, 1 beaten egg and 1/4 cup of light cheddar. 450F until the edges burned. I sprayed the parchment ahead of time as well. Anyone else have this problem??

Hmm... I've made it on a couple different surfaces - a plain "stone" cookie sheet, a regular metal cookie sheet and parchment paper. It did okay on the regular stone cookie sheet and the parchment paper - I don't remember if I sprayed it with oil first... It stuck a bit on the metal cookie sheet.

You might want to try pressing as much of the liquid as you can out of the riced/cooked cauliflower before making the "dough" - I would imagine if it's more watery, it might stick to the surface more? Just a thought - Before mixing the cooked cauliflower rice with the egg and cheese, I dump it into a couple layers of paper towels and press/wring out as much water as I can.
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    bump! sounds delicious!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    OMG I love pizza and am living gluten free AND this is perfect!!!:happy:
  • Pragmatica
    Options
    I absolutely love this pizza crust. I made a white sauce pizza the other night with alfredo sauce, baby spinach, mushrooms, garlic, and onion. It was wonderful!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Tried this last week and my hubby said it was AWESOME! That is big compliments coming from him since he is the pickiest pizza eater out there!!

We just used some low fat turkey pepperoni, olives and mushrooms and some home made spag sauce for the toppings.

I will definitely make again!! It was the bomb!!

Thanks for posting... here are my pics..

163065_1474186822650_1473077357_31067125_2236485_n.jpg

Did you use the original poster's modificaitons? Or follow the link for the original ORIGINAL recipe? :) It looks awesome!
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Had to bump this for anyone that hasn't seen it. Just tried it tonight, yum!!!
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    Saving this for later. :)
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Will have a go at this later in the week. Should be interesting to see if my boyfriend's kids will eat it.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    vF05w.jpg

My girlfriend and I made this last night.

Used 90g of egg whites instead of eggs. Toppings include: chicken, ground beef, pepperonis, baked spinach, and salsa. Guessing it was around 400 calories with 60+ grams of protein.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    163852_1444704692334_1674655570_941059_436707_n.jpg

I give up... but there's mine and it looks like a real pizza :)

[*img] [*/img] delete the *s.

Looks good.
  • Knbrooks42
    Knbrooks42 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Made this last night! Very good! I put pepperoni, beef, tomato paste, and low fat parmesean cheese. Tasty meal and good pizza substitute. Everyone should try it!
  • tubbymama
    Options
    So going to try this tomorrow night! Sent the link to my Sister and friend who are both GF, it is going to make thier days! THANK YOU!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    glad ppl still enjoying this! :)
  • heatherwidger
    heatherwidger Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    mine is in the oven right now...bump for later.