Friends eating 1200

Options

Replies

• tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Looks like you posted this a couple months ago, but oh well! I'm doing 1200 too. I don't find it hard at all. As long as I'm eating lean meat, vegs and fruits mostly, its no problem. When I start adding bread, then it gets harder.
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I usually tend to stick around 1.2k - 1.4k calories a day :)
    but you can add me if you'd like!
  • klfoster88
    klfoster88 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That's my quota but I'm sure it's right because I never feel hungry. Before I got on MFP I know I had to be eating way more.
  • tattooedillini26
    tattooedillini26 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 1200 calories a day (sometimes over, like the past couple of days)...and nine and a half times out of 10 am super satisfied with it...feel free to add me! My diary is open.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Maintaining on 4,000.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    1200 for breakfast
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Maintaining on 4,000.

You posted these stats in a different thread
    I'm 25, 6'0 131lb. Used to be 118lb.
    I bumped up my intake to 4000 and I eat lots of BBQ, pizza, pasta, burgers, ice cream, brownies.
    The reason it's so high is because I'm a Long Distance runner. I usually run 60-80 miles per week. Have gone to 110 before.

I don't think you quite fit the profile of the average person trying to lose weight on this site.

Wondering how you survived at 118 and 6 ft tall? And how many hours does it take to run 110 miles a week? wow.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Maintaining on 4,000.

You posted these stats in a different thread
    I'm 25, 6'0 131lb. Used to be 118lb.
    I bumped up my intake to 4000 and I eat lots of BBQ, pizza, pasta, burgers, ice cream, brownies.
    The reason it's so high is because I'm a Long Distance runner. I usually run 60-80 miles per week. Have gone to 110 before.

I don't think you quite fit the profile of the average person trying to lose weight on this site.

Wondering how you survived at 118 and 6 ft tall? And how many hours does it take to run 110 miles a week? wow.
    That is correct. I was previously 118lbs. Been really thin my whole life. Didn't really care was too busy with other things. I only ate when hungry. Add on the running and I was under eating daily without knowing it.
    Intake back then was around 1900. Got tired of looking like a skeleton, so I started drinking gainer shakes plus my meals and lifted weights. Over time I got it up to 145. 7 weeks ago, I had my 2nd spine fusion for scoliosis. Since then I've been dropping. My appetite is barely there now that I'm not running or lifting. Will resume those in 2-4 months. My goal will be to gain to at least 150.

My weekly running distance is normally 60-80 miles. But I have peaked at 110 a few times over the last 6 years. For a 110 week, I run 10-20 miles everyday. Some of those runs will be in the mtns or on roads. My paces vary, 5:35 - 8:00. Depending on the distance. Post race, it sometimes slows all the way to 9:30.
  • OysterKat
    OysterKat Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me!!!! I'm 1290 and new..need friends too!!!!
  • masoumeh84
    masoumeh84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 1200.. :)
  • Journeygirl
    Journeygirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for posting. I have so so much to lose. I have been eating what MFP says I can eat and have not been losing anymore weight. iIve been getting so discouraged. I have hypothyroidism too. I guess I need to lower my cals. Not an easy thing for me, but I want to lose weight.
  • dustsettles
    dustsettles Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi I joined MFP about a month ago now. I started at 1,200 a day but started to feel lazy and tired. so I changed my activity level and now I eat about 1,350-1,500 a day. I am still losing weight and I feel a lot more energized. I'd love to have motivational friends on MFP, I still need help becoming more active. Anyone can add me!
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

That's my daily quota too--not much is it? Glad to meet you--I'll add you as a friend if you don't mind. By the way, you are so pretty! Oh, and lol--I'm not some icky guy--I'm a happily married woman!

LMAO!
    Love this post...gave me the giggles :laugh:
    I recently read a thread where she had said to msg her if you were single, in 30's, professional etc.
    So I msged saying almost what this person said...she sent me a friend request anyways :tongue:
  • Kattinicat3
    Options
    Not quite sure what I'm doing yet as only joined today. I'm on 1200 too and anyone who wants to add me can as I think I'll need all the help I can get :)
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why your calorie count is so low.
    MFP has set me on a 1200 calorie (used to be slightly more till I lost the 13lbs) but that's because of my height (4'2), age, lifestyle etc
    This is what I ate 1 day last week:
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar
    Breakfast
    Egg - 1 Medium Hard Boiled, 2 whole 128 1 8 12 0 1
    Lunch
    Light Yogurt, Lemon, 6 oz 80 12 0 7 1 9
    Banana - (Small), 6 - 6.9 inches 90 23 0 1 3 12
    Emerald - Dry Roasted Almonds - Per Nut, 10 nut 63 3 5 2 1 0
    Dinner:
    Baked Fresh - Spaghetti Squash 1 Cup, 2 cup 62 14 1 2 3 6 I replaced pasta w/ this...no it wasn't noodles but still good
    Ragu - Meat Flavored Pasta Sauce, 1 Cup 140 20 6 4 4 12
    Parmesan Cheese* - Kraft 100%, 2 tsp (5 g) 20 0 2 2 0 0
    Green Beans - Fresh, Steamed, 0.75 cup cooked 26 6 0 2 3 2

Totals 609 79 22 32 15 42
    Remaining 591 71 18 28 10 3

Yes, this was a good day of having calories available for a later snack but I have also eaten enough food to feel satiated!
    BTW...for an evening snack I ended up having 2 cups of plain air popped popcorn which added another 30 calories.
    I am NOT always this good, this just happened to be a day that I got a fair amount of food in for the day with not all my calories being used!
    Here are some low cal suggestions:
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar

Private Selection - Belgian Almond Thins 18 3 1 0 0 1 You could eat 8 for 140cal. 1 toll house cookie is 90cal!
    Popcorn - Plain and Dry Air Popped Popcorn, 1 cup 15 6 0 1 1 0
    Kellogg's - Special K Moments Dreamy Coconut, 1 pouch 70 12 2 1 2 5
    Have you tried freezing fruits...some people really enjoy the cold burst...grapes, blueberries etc
    This is a cool treat using only Bananas!
    http://www.oneingredientchef.com/one-ingredient-ice-cream/
    This a nice treat for not very many calories but I can eat it w/out the cool whip!
    Sugar Free Gelatin Dessert - Orange, 1 cup 10 0 0 2 0 0 (any flavor)
    Kraft Cool Whip - Fat Free , 1 Tbsp 8 2 0 0 0 1
    Sugar Free Fudgesicle - 1 pop 40 9 1 1 2 2
    35 Cal Bread - 35 8 0 3 3 2
  • annziexo
    annziexo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 1200 thing ;) I also need buddies ! Need some motivation :)
  • Abbie9501
    Abbie9501 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1200 a day, add me as a friend, can take a look at my diary anytime, i like salads and fruits so you might see that on there quite a bit :)
  • brimichaud
    brimichaud Posts: 22
    Options
    hi I'm Bri, my goal is 1280, however I do go over sometimes when I'm being lazy. Anyone feel free to add me! I have about 12 more lbs to go and would love some more friends/support!
  • courtneyy232
    courtneyy232 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! (:
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm trying