Sugar addict here.....

Options

Replies

• KayBallin
    KayBallin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Just fit the foods you enjoy within your calorie goal. I have a cup of ice cream or a chocolate bar almost every day.
  • VeganCappy
    VeganCappy Posts: 122
    Options
    Why not just eat fruit?
    Replace cake/cookies with fruit. No even once.

Fruit has sugar you know.

Yes, fruit does have sugar in the form of fructose. Sugar is the preferred fuel for the body. But if you eat processed sugar, you are getting no other nutrients. Fruit is packed full of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and over 10,000 phytochemicals. It helps to maintain a steady blood sugar level, is low in fat, and the fiber helps to extract toxins in the body, and clean out the digestive track. There is nothing bad about fruit. Plus it can satisfy our sweet tooth.
    Fructose and sucrose.

And by toxins. What toxins do you speak of?

The is nothing bad with cake. If my diet has enough vitamins, minerals and fiber, then what's the issue?

Metabolization of all food creates toxins. With processed foods like cake, the toxins are higher. Cake is not in anyway healthy for you. That is what is bad about it. Go ahead and eat it. I do occasionally. Just don't fool yourself into thinking it is healthy in anyway.
  • VeganCappy
    Options
    Have anything to counter my claims? Or just rhetoric?
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Metabolizing food produces waste. Waste, if not filtered by the body, can become "toxic" to the body. It is not toxic in and of itself if the body is doing its job.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My go to for healthy recipes whether for a meal or snack is hungrygirl.com. Lisa has several good cookbooks, too.

Another one I enjoy (even more than Hungry Girl) is skinnytaste.com. Gina has a recipe blog where she posts her recipe makeovers. Often times she will try a recipe multiple times with various substitutions until she finds the one that tastes the best and is still healthy.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    Options
    ......does anyone have any pointers on a good cake or cookie that taste like I'm not trying to eat healthy?? hahahahaa!!! I love sugar and its my weakness. I just want to find something that I can consume and not feel bad afterwards.

I've made these. Reduce or eliminate the nuts for fewer calories.

Five-Ingredient Banana Cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2 small over-ripe bananas, mashed
    1 cup oatmeal (quick oats are better)
    2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
    1/4 cup chopped walnuts
    8 tsp. Polaner All-Fruit

Mix first four ingredients together. If you use old-fashioned oats, let the mixture sit for a few minutes, while the oven preheats. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray (I used butter-flavored). Place batter by slightly rounded tablespoons onto the cookie sheet. Use the 1/2 tablespoon measure to make a depression in each cookie.

Bake 15 minutes. Let cool. Add 1/2 teaspoon of All-Fruit to each cookie, in the depression.

Serving size: 2 cookies

120 calories
    17 carbs
    5 fat
    3 protein
    21 sodium
    6 sugar
  • Cloudborn
    Cloudborn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have 1-2 114 cal cookies each day. It satisfies my sugar craving and gives me something to look forward to on the evening.
  • VeganCappy
    Options
    Metabolizing food produces waste. Waste, if not filtered by the body, can become "toxic" to the body. It is not toxic in and of itself if the body is doing its job.

The nitrogen compounds through which toxic nitrogen is eliminated from organisms are ammonia, urea and uric acid. All of these substances are produced from protein metabolism.

Ammonia(NH3) forms with the oxidation of amino groups (NH2), which are removed from the proteins when they convert into carbohydrates. It is a very toxic substance and only one nitrogen atom is removed with it. A lot of water is needed for the ammonia excretion. Thus, the marine organisms excrete ammonia directly in the water (aminothelic organisms), while the terrestrial (mainly amphibians and mammals) convert ammonia into urea, a process which occurs in the liver and kidney.

Urea is a less toxic compound than ammonia; two nitrogen atoms are eliminated through it and less water is needed for its excretion. Urea is a protein metabolism product at vertebrates and part of the invertebrates. These organisms are called ureothelic.

Uric acid is a protein metaporposis product of terrestrial invertebrates, birds and diapsids. Such animals are called uricothelic organisms. In humans and anthropoides, this acid is purine metabolism product. Uric acid is less toxic than ammonia or urea; it contains four nitrogen atoms and a small amount of water is needed for its excretion. Out of solute, it precipitates and forms crystals.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    Options

The nitrogen compounds through which toxic nitrogen is eliminated from organisms are ammonia, urea and uric acid. All of these substances are produced from protein metabolism.

Ammonia(NH3) forms with the oxidation of amino groups (NH2), which are removed from the proteins when they convert into carbohydrates. It is a very toxic substance and only one nitrogen atom is removed with it. A lot of water is needed for the ammonia excretion. Thus, the marine organisms excrete ammonia directly in the water (aminothelic organisms), while the terrestrial (mainly amphibians and mammals) convert ammonia into urea, a process which occurs in the liver and kidney.

Urea is a less toxic compound than ammonia; two nitrogen atoms are eliminated through it and less water is needed for its excretion. Urea is a protein metabolism product at vertebrates and part of the invertebrates. These organisms are called ureothelic.

Uric acid is a protein metaporposis product of terrestrial invertebrates, birds and diapsids. Such animals are called uricothelic organisms. In humans and anthropoides, this acid is purine metabolism product. Uric acid is less toxic than ammonia or urea; it contains four nitrogen atoms and a small amount of water is needed for its excretion. Out of solute, it precipitates and forms crystals.

Nice job copying and pasting. It's still just waste unless the body stops filtering it and eliminating it on its own.
  • VeganCappy
    Options
    Still a toxin.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    Options
    Still a toxin.

If you say so. But no, not really.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Still a toxin.
    You might benefit from reading how differently the body handles metabolic waste products and toxins such as bacterial toxins. Like Loup said, normal metabolism is normal and there are no problems until the process no longer works.
  • VeganCappy
    Options
    Still a toxin.
    You might benefit from reading how differently the body handles metabolic waste products and toxins such as bacterial toxins. Like Loup said, normal metabolism is normal and there are no problems until the process no longer works.

Yeah, I will ignore science and my decades of studying nutrition for the uneducated opinions of people on an internet forum.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Still a toxin.

Yeah, I will ignore science and my decades of studying nutrition for the uneducated opinions of people on an internet forum.
    Thanks, you're so kind.
  • VeganCappy
    Options
    Still a toxin.

Lol. Decades of studying nutrition. But wait, weren't you unhealthy then became a vegan? So you have been a vegan for decades?

How can we believe someone who can't even show you they have applied their "educated" nutrition ideas to himself?

If science isn't enough for you, then you are hopeless.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    Options
    Human Body Waste, Metabolic Waste Products for Excretion

Human body waste products and excretion may not be a pleasant topic of conversation. However, monitoring what comes out is a valuable tool, for instance you can assess your body’s response to what you take in or an abnormality can be a sign of a health issue. This health blurb covers basic information about waste and its excretion, including metabolic waste.

Human waste is any substance your body does not need to maintain homeostasis. Excretion is the process of removing these unwanted products through either the skin, urinary system, respiratory system or gastrointestinal system. The primary organs involved in waste removal are liver, kidneys, lungs, intestines and skin. Sometimes, human body produced waste is referred to as toxic because of the potential health effects caused [by] insufficient removal.

http://www.healthblurbs.com/human-body-waste-metabolic-waste-products-for-excretion/