Sugar addict here.....

Options

Replies

• VeganCappy
    VeganCappy Posts: 122
    Options
    There ya go. You just learned that human waste is a toxin.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    There ya go. You just learned that human waste is a toxin.

It's just waste until it's not removed properly. Ah well . . . there are none so blind as those who refuse to see. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    Metabolizing food produces waste. Waste, if not filtered by the body, can become "toxic" to the body. It is not toxic in and of itself if the body is doing its job.
    THIS. I believe that people get confused when they speak of "toxins" in the body.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • seashel812
    seashel812 Posts: 25
    Options
    Sugar increases formation of AGEs which ironically contribute to aging. This is when glucose binds irreversibly to the amino acids on red blood cells.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Still a toxin.
    We have arsenic (from just about any we are exposed to and eat) in our bodies in very minute amounts. Same with iodine. Both are toxic. But eating certain foods, etc. won't rid it from our bodies. That's what our own filtering system is for. At this point I think we're just dealing with semantics.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • VeganCappy
    VeganCappy Posts: 122
    Options
    It is still a toxin. Your argument is like saying that arsenic is not a toxin until it is taken in high enough quantities. The toxicity of a substance does not change the fact that it is still a toxin.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    Options
    It is still a toxin. Your argument is like saying that arsenic is not a toxin until it is taken in high enough quantities. The toxicity of a substance does not change the fact that it is still a toxin.

By that reasoning, water is a toxin.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Actually let me restate. Arsenic and iodine are POISONS. "Toxins" are derived from living organisms that manufacture them. So while we may have metabolic waste that may be termed as "toxin", toxicity still is dependent on dosage.
    If you're looking just for the "win" on metabolic waste as a toxin, then pat yourself on the back. I believe it's still semantics

IDEA Fitness member
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    :huh: Too much of certain vitamins can make you sick, so I guess they are poisonous too, since apparently the presence, not dosage, is now the only thing that matters.
  • seashel812
    seashel812 Posts: 25
    Options
    You don't have to be the usual older, overweight, sedentary person to develop type 2 diabetes. I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes when I was 21, 5'4 and a whopping 118 pounds. I ran 6 days a week. No one would ever have suspected me because I was so thin and athletic. My doctor told me to cut back on the carbs and refined sugars (which when I look back on my diet I ate a lot), and I've been good ever since. Sugar is nasty stuff.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Human Centipede worked with toxins. I'd post a pic but I'm pretty sure that would get me banned for life.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Vegan Cappy: do you write for statemaster? If not, maybe it is easier to provide a link:

http://www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia/Metabolic-waste
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

It isn't. Arsenic is an essential trace mineral.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7682827

Context matters. Dosage matters.
  • newb01
    newb01 Posts: 22
    Options
    I am a carb addict myself. Portion control and healthy "sweet stuff" is they key.

A few things...sugar free Jello 5-10 calories a serving. With Redi Whip Fat Free only another 5 calories!

Protein bars . ...portion controlled but they can add up quick! Watch it.

Fruit of course...some artificial sweetner plus berries and some Redi Whip = WOW.

Banana Ice Cream...no not the flavor...what you make the ice cream out of. Lots of variations.

Green Smoothie = Kale or Spinach with an Apple + a little artificial sweetner if you like it sweet.

I like Fiber One Fiber Cereal for 60 calories a serving.

Also Lemonaid with Splenda will satisfy my sweet tooth some.
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    If you've got to have cake, angel food cake is nice. Low cal and sweet enough to tangle the sweet tooth. Munch on a slice with some strawberries and happiness ensues.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    Options
    If you've got to have cake, angel food cake is nice. Low cal and sweet enough to tangle the sweet tooth. Munch on a slice with some strawberries and happiness ensues.

Carefully slice off the top one to two inches of the angel food cake. Set aside. Scoop out a trough through the center of the angel food cake. Set the chunks aside. Make sugar-free strawberry gelatin, partially set it, add the chunks of angel food cake. Fill the trough with gelatin/angel food mix. Replace the cake top. Refrigerate overnight (or at least till gelatin is set). Frost with Cool-Whip or something similar. Garnish with fresh strawberries.

mmmmmmmm . . .
  • Happy_Niss
    Happy_Niss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I was having a similar problem.
    Still am, but at least since I switched from candy to protein bars, I am getting protein too! :laugh:
  • fluteoboe4000
    Options
    Luna Bars are the BEST! I prefer the Smores ones, but my sister LOVES the Lemon Zest ones. Try them out!!