• conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I got to power up the tardis and test out the controls

Jonah-Hill-Squeals.gif
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I don't think we're trying to outnerd each other..... I think we're reveling in our shared passions. :)

Why do some people have problems with that, anyway? Can't we just exuberantly enjoy the things that we like?

9c17e124ca4676a199c5b3723eecec7b.jpg

I love this.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    As if someone will reply but..

Anyone want to play some Mario Kart 8 soon?! Hit me up :laugh:

Mario kart was the ****. I remember it for snes. Best game ever ;) oooh and final fantasy III
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I got to power up the tardis and test out the controls

Jonah-Hill-Squeals.gif

Exactly my face everyday for nearly a year
  • Matrix_Dragon
    Matrix_Dragon Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's nice to know that as I get older ( 28 now ) I'll still be able to find awesome people who enjoy the same nerdy stuff that I do.

This reminds me; I have a few hours to kill and I'm done our clients work; so I'm going to go play an hour or so of Jedi Outcast and Dragon Age Origins.
  • Pusarah
    Pusarah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I was playing ffxiv (on levi server) but seemed to have let that obsession go....I played ffxi for a looong time...5 years or so, maybe longer, I tend to lose count because it sounds better to do so! lol Thinking about going back tho....erm, updating atm actually lol
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    POSTING NERDY!
    Hello fellow nerds :)
    Feel free to add me to your friends list, I love having more friends!
    I play World of Warcraft (since Vanilla). I also enjoy a good Dragon Age and Sims. I am also a board gamer too - Lords of Waterdeep, Cards Against Humanity, Game of Thrones...etc.

I watch The Big Bang Theory, Game of Thrones, Dr. Who...well I have easily over 400 dvds - so the list could go on and on and on!

I am also an avid reader. I have over 200 books, not counting my e-books. A good number of them are signed.

Yeah, I don't know what else to say. I collect dinosaurs?
  • conqueringsquidlette
    Options
    POSTING NERDY!
    I play World of Warcraft (since Vanilla). I also enjoy a good Dragon Age and Sims. I am also a board gamer too - Lords of Waterdeep, Cards Against Humanity, Game of Thrones...etc.

I watch The Big Bang Theory, Game of Thrones, Dr. Who...well I have easily over 400 dvds - so the list could go on and on and on!

I am also an avid reader. I have over 200 books, not counting my e-books. A good number of them are signed.

Are you actually me? I snuck into a Paleontology convention to see Jack Horner speak once. I was in uniform, so they just sorta let me walk into it. Hehe.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I knit and watch Dr Who. I also love Star Trek. I'm a grammar Nazi. This all makes me awesome, right?!
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    Options
    POSTING NERDY!

Are you actually me? I snuck into a Paleontology convention to see Jack Horner speak once. I was in uniform, so they just sorta let me walk into it. Hehe.

Oh my gosh! I am so jelly! lol
    Sam Neill is my follower on twitter :P
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    Options
    I knit and watch Dr Who. I also love Star Trek. I'm a grammar Nazi. This all makes me awesome, right?!

IM A CROCHETER! lol wait..I am already friends with you XOXO :P
  • conqueringsquidlette
    Options

Also a knitter here. :D I don't know when knitting became nerdy, but I've yet to meet a knitter who DOESN'T also engage in some sort of fandom!
  • indignantgnome
    indignantgnome Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Haha, it seems I've found my people! :D

Things I enjoy: Knitting, console games (and a couple PC games), musicals (particularly things like Repo! and RHPS), exploring and modding electro-gadgets of most varieties, working on cars, reading basically anything I can get my hands on (especially YA fiction), cats, spinning yarn, sewing, lighthouses, nerdtastic movies/tv shows, Korean horror movies, and math.

Why we should be BFFs: I'm an oddball, like the rest of you. :) And I can fix basically anything, ever. And I can sew all your cosplay costumes! :D
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    Options
    So, anyone want to dress up in Ren Fest costumes, put on some Dr. Who, and read a few books while playing WoW? OH LOOK ROCK! *collects*
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Also a knitter here. :D I don't know when knitting became nerdy, but I've yet to meet a knitter who DOESN'T also engage in some sort of fandom!

I'm teaching myself to knit right now!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

IM A CROCHETER! lol wait..I am already friends with you XOXO :P

Yay!
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    So, anyone want to dress up in Ren Fest costumes, put on some Dr. Who, and read a few books while playing WoW? OH LOOK ROCK! *collects*

I love the Renaissance Festival. We have a really good one out here in Minnesota, sooo many fun folks show up. I've never managed to be social enough to try and dress up and join a click there though. Seems like all the fun would be when the crowds leave and nothing but jugglers and fire breathing girls in halter tops remain!
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Sounds like my kinda LAN party!
  • Matrix_Dragon
    Matrix_Dragon Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Sounds like my kinda LAN party!

Tinkbaby101 you just won the internets.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Another Jen here.
    The hubby and I are unabashed nerds. Unfortunately since we've had two kids my nerd time has become basically nil. We used to play WoW 5 days a week, but in the last couple years we gave it up.
    My favorite shows are Buffy, BSG, Firefly, GoT (not really nerdy now), etc. We're working on Doctor Who, on Season 4.
    I love video games, but no longer really have time to play them. If I can squeeze something in, I usually play Skyrim.
    I love board games of the German style. We no longer have a game group though because we moved and have kids now, so only get to play them infrequently. I also love MTG although we don't keep up with new sets, so we just work from our existing collection (we've had a lot of fun with our Ravnica world draft cube using original and new Ravnica sets).
    Last year we had a Ren Faire finally come to our area and I totally dressed up and it was awesome, I can't wait to go again :D

I love looking at pictures of cosplay and imagine when I could do that too...

In other hobbies I also love aquariums and keep 4 of them.

I wish I had more time to engage my inner nerd but the kids take a lot of the free time I used to have :)

As of writing I weigh 155 and am working towards 120. Only been at it for 3 weeks.

Add me! I would love nerd friends!