Breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• LMarie00
    LMarie00 Posts: 7
    Options
    I really love breakfast... I tend to go with cereal now with skim milk during the week.

However for a real energy burst I used to make my own muesli with oats, mixed seeds, cinnamon, then chop apple, banana, some natural yogurt and a small amount of natural sweetener called agave nectar.. really should start doing that again.

You could also just open up a low fat yogurt, and put into a bowl with some oats and mixed seeds for a very quick breakfast and take fruit to have on the go! or make a fruit salad to keep in the fridge and have this with a yogurt.

I also love mashed avocado with salt and pepper on 2 whole grain crackers.

Currently I am living in Spain and when I have breakfast out everyone has grated tomato on toast with a small amount of olive oil and salt and pepper... its soooooo good! I make it with a small slice of fresh whole meal bread and just a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil mixed in.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with eating pancakes or cereal for breakfast. Do you make your pancakes from scratch? You can reduce oil and sugar, use skim milk and extra egg whites to bring up the nutritional value. There are some oatmeal egg/white pancake recipes, and adding a topping of apple butter instead of syrup is very tasty. The Kashi higher protein cereals are great suggestions, too. You will find something to enjoy!!!
  • citysmitty
    Options
    try one of these !!

i also love pancakes..... protein pancakes taste awesome. Some days ill have with maple syrup or peanut butter and jam.... its help me in the morning for sure....

http://dailyburn.com/life/recipes/protein-pancake-recipes/
  • AMOMONAJOURNEYTOCHANGEHERLIFE
    Options
    Why are concerned about eating the pancakes? Are you feeling hungry too soon afterward? Are you having a hard time keeping your calories at or under where you need them to loose weight?

You can try to find a healthier recipe for pancakes if that's what you want to eat in the morning.

Lately I have been making a green smoothie in the mornings. I haven't tried any of the protein powders to up the protein in it yet.

This morning I had 2 servings of shredded wheat and milk and coffee I could have had one serving and then an apple. It was a higher cal breakfast but I am not hungry yet and that was 3 hours ago.

You also don't have to eat "breakfast foods" if you don't like them.
  • MeRoHa
    MeRoHa Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Dannon light and fit greek yogurt.They have a ton of good flavors and are 80 calories. I then add some walnuts and/or almonds. Crunch in one Nabisco Fruit thin or sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of Hershey sugar free chocolate chips. Or you can add in blueberries or other fresh fruit of your choice. If you need a little more than that Thomas bagel thins with your choice of topping are a good choice. I get the light cream cheese- whichever flavor does not clash with the yogurt flavor.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    English muffin, sausage patty (the little round ones) and a piece of cheese (processed slice if that's all I have).

Takes 6 minutes to make.