What day of the week is your weigh in day and why?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
I picked Friday. That way if I loose some weight during the week, I'm way more inclined to stay on plan and work out over the weekends.

You?

Replies

• dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I only weigh and measure once a month. I used to be scale obsessed so I limit it. I am a really slow loser when it comes to weight so I try to measure my success in other ways
  • Gracemagic
    Options
    Sunday.... so if I messed up on the weekend I can correct it during the week.....:laugh:
  • JLoescher01
    JLoescher01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sunday. Keeps me in line on Saturday. Then either inspires me to keep going or kicks my butt to try harder during the upcoming week.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    I think once a week weigh ins can set you up for disappointment. If you happen to have a high sodium day the night before weigh in, you can feel that the whole week was a waste even though you are still on point. I weigh daily and take a weekly average of my weights. I compare those averages to previous weeks. This method lessens the impact that sodium and water retention have on my actual results.
  • sbecknc
    sbecknc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I weigh in twice a week. Tuesdays because I found I was always running late on Monday mornings and forgetting to log what I weighed... I've since found that it gives me one extra day to even out any indulgences in my guilty pleasure of life - a good Sunday brunch!

Then I weigh on Friday primarily to check body fat. That gives me incentive to keep up the good habits on the weekend!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Every day. Weight fluctuates too much. I wouldn't want to miss that one day a week when my weight is actually down :laugh:
  • WelshPhil1975
    WelshPhil1975 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I started my diet on a Tuesday and I initially weighed that day, so I've stuck with it for consistency.
  • elfram2
    elfram2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    We weigh in on Sunday morning. I'm a trucker so I'm gone during the week but I am always home on Sunday.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I think once a week weigh ins can set you up for disappointment. If you happen to have a high sodium day the night before weigh in, you can feel that the whole week was a waste even though you are still on point. I weigh daily and take a weekly average of my weights. I compare those averages to previous weeks. This method lessens the impact that sodium and water retention have on my actual results.

^^ This, though I don't necessarily weigh daily, just multiple measurements per week. The trend is the key.
  • marykator
    marykator Posts: 20
    Options
    Wednesdays. I call it "Weigh in Wednesdays."
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, then take the weekly average. I'm a big nerd who enjoys data though. :P It more easily shows a trend though, so I can see where the weight is going
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    I don't.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options

Agree 100%. Especially when weight loss begins to slow down as you get near your goal weight. In addition to this, weighing daily gives me peace of mind that I did not gain a few pounds over night, Keeping me motivated.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Daily, unless I'm out of town (as I have been this past week). Like others I want to see all the days I'm up or down, not miss the day(s) I may be down most, and prefer to see overall trends rather than one day of data per week.

Eta: when I started nearly 1.5 years ago though I was a once-a-week, Wednesday weigher I picked Weds so I had time to recover from any weekend overages prior to weigh-in.
  • KarenE86
    KarenE86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I picked Friday. That way if I loose some weight during the week, I'm way more inclined to stay on plan and work out over the weekends.

You?

Agreed. Seeing the pounds drop on a Friday keep me motivated on the weekend which is typically the hardest time sticking to my diet.
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I do it on Mondays. It just happens that that was the day I started my dieting and exercising.
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wednesday morning. I find it works best for me.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

I agree. I like seeing what my weight is doing each day and not wondering whether my weigh-in was an anomoly.
  • zharptichka
    zharptichka Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Daily. I like to see the effects of what I'm eating more clearly. For example, if I have a high sodium day, I like to get a feel for how much water weight I retain. Also I tend to forget if I don't do it everyday.
  • FairlyOddChelle
    FairlyOddChelle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Fridays. I am more regimented during the week, so I'd rather do it at the end of the week, then right after the weekend.